So, what are your recent Ram headscratcher decisions?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Wasn't the Tavon extension in 2016?

I wouldn't call that recent.

The signing of Trumaine was a desperation move in that they didn't want us to be short a cornerback.
Pretty understandable.

Compared to all the weird mystery moves under Fisher?
This is been a refreshing change.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Our use of Tavon this year. Lack of passes down the field, lack of screens, run calls up the gut, even the reduction of fake jet sweep runs at the end of the season.

Deep PA pass call after Havenstein was out versus the Eagles, which lead to a strip sack.

Benching of starters for the final game.

Agree with it all, except game 17

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Benching of starters for the final game.
A total non issue in my opinion.
We had older veterans that needed rest.
We had injured players that needed a week off.
If somebody you got an injured in that last game, people would have been screaming bloody murder.

If we had won that game people would have thought it was a genius move.

We lost that game for many reasons, including;
Lack of experience.
Brockers went out.
Lack of depth on the defense.
They were very successful at running the ball in the second half of the game.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
A total non issue in my opinion.
We had older veterans that needed rest.
We had injured players that needed a week off.
If somebody you got an injured in that last game, people would have been screaming bloody murder.

If we had won that game people would have thought it was a genius move.

We lost that game for many reasons, including;
Lack of experience.
Brockers went out.
Lack of depth on the defense.
They were very successful at running the ball in the second half of the game.
Yeah that one is hindsight. Some of Goffs screens and checkdowns to Gurley seemed out of sync, which could be due to nerves as well. I also wanted to end all of this Garrapolo hype.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
McVay's habit of going full Martz even when Gurley has over 7 ypc

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Still don't like the W Hayes trade.

I think he went out with the attitude bunch. He loved Fisher and may have been too aligned with Jeff to make an easy transition to a new staff coming in. It is obvious that he is stubborn with his opinions. They nipped it in the bud instead of risking controversy.

Yeah that one is hindsight. Some of Goffs screens and checkdowns to Gurley seemed out of sync, which could be due to nerves as well. I also wanted to end all of this Garrapolo hype.

Isn't that the idea of this thread? We are all taking about things that have already happened, so we are talking in hindsight.

Btw I didn't like resting the team. Goff was out of sync in the Tennessee game. He needed to work the kinks out before the playoff game.

Tano

Legend
Not using enough Tavon Austin against the Falcons and Vikings
Either that or not using the "fake" Jet Sweep enough during those two games even if they had to use a different player than Tavon. After the 49er game, I believe McVay had enough of Tavon not catching the ball to even put him in the game.

I saw two fake jet sweeps during the Falcon game and maybe one or two during the Viking game.

The fake Jet Sweep usually resulted with a good play.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe McVay had enough of Tavon not catching the ball to even put him in the game.
This certainly could be a possibility... I'd be very surprised if Austin is around in 2018.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not using enough Tavon Austin against the Falcons and Vikings
I truly believed that they were keeping TA laying in the weeds and were going to have him come out big in the playoffs.
Alas....
Headscratcher for sure

fearsomefour

Legend
Not really, If the guy had stayed healthy mebbe he would have shined big time in this offense. One thing is for sure Coach Mac would have schemed him in such a manner that he could show what he can do and, moreover, why the Rams signed him in the first place.
But the old adage remains true: your greatest ability is your availability.
Unfortunately for Mr. Dunbar he could not accomplish this requirement.

~ArkyRamsFan~
But he wasn't healthy when he signed.