So what about these uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Apparently KD spoke about changing the uniforms (again) at this function he held for season ticket holders yesterday.
Some notes from a BR writer on that ....

JUSTINinCOLUMBIA:

[Kevin Demoff] talked about bringing new uniforms in the next few years because fans don't like current ones. Discussed the Cleveland red and blacks, the white and blues, and maybe even a more modern yellow and blue.

I think I'd like to go to the blue & whites. Just get rid of the gold entirely.
But not that light blue junk the Colts wear. Keep the real dark navy.
Something like this...

whites.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Meh... Idk. That's a sweet pic though. Nicely done.

I'd like to see what he means by a "more modern yellow and blue." That could be interesting. I'm not against a new uniform all together as long as they don't go off the deep end.

I don't dislike the unis we have now, in fact I like them. They just look so much better with the gold pants. Who in the hells idea was it to get rid of them in the first place? :amped: :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
I don't dislike the unis we have now, in fact I like them. They just look so much better with the gold pants. Who in the hells idea was it to get rid of them in the first place? :amped: :cheese:
It was probably a woman's idea. Because, quite frankly, those gold pants made everyone's ass look huge. Especially the DL. Seriously though, I wasn't a fan of those pants. I too would like to see some conceptual art on the "more modern" blue and yellow. Just don't get too freakin' cute with them. I'm a purist.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Not red and black. YUCK.

Regular:
Yellow and Blue

Throwbacks:
White and Blue

This is the best option IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Apparently KD spoke about changing the uniforms (again) at this function he held for season ticket holders yesterday.
Some notes from a BR writer on that ....

JUSTINinCOLUMBIA:

[Kevin Demoff] talked about bringing new uniforms in the next few years because fans don't like current ones. Discussed the Cleveland red and blacks, the white and blues, and maybe even a more modern yellow and blue.

I think I'd like to go to the blue & whites. Just get rid of the gold entirely.
But not that light blue junk the Colts wear. Keep the real dark navy.
Something like this...

whites.jpg

I could live with that.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I think that looks sharp. A lot better than our current uniforms.

Id like to see the modern blue and gold combo that KD referenced.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like the one you posted. Could definitely live with that. Someone post3ed another one on the PD that I liked too. It was the road uni, with those colors and a yellow/goldish outline around the #. Looked good IMO.

EDIT: Here it is...the blue is a little lighter tho...

Rams%2028%20Faulk%20White%20Jerseys.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I liked the tweaked throwbacks that were just worn.

Best uniforms of all-time if you're asking me.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There is one correction that really needs to be addressed though...

The Horns have evolved into more of a curly cue. They are too skinny at the base now. They need to thicken up the horns at the base and slowly taper them off going back to the point.

And who ever is sticking them onto the helmets now is a slacker. If you look closely at Sam's helmet, you'll notice that the base of one of his horns doesn't even line up with the helmet,,, there is blue between the base of the horn and the opening for the face mask. You should not be able to see that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
There is one correction that really needs to be addressed though...

The Horns have evolved into more of a curly cue. They are too skinny at the base now. They need to thicken up the horns at the base and slowly taper them off going back to the point.
Yup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm so back and forth on this that I can hardly figure out what I like.
Sometimes this looks just too awesome.

Picture42_crop_exact.jpg

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd be curious to see what a Red/Black scheme looked like. Could be bitchin' if done properly, even though it might be overkill with Falcons and Cardinals. A black helmet with red horns? It works in the head.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I like the current scheme, but miss the gold pants. I hate when we wear blue on blue or white on white. Used to be a BIG fan of the yellow and blue but think there time has gone. A guy with the handle "ramfanramone" had a sick picture of M. Faulk in a mocked up uni that was cool, white jersey, blue numbers w/ gold trim and white horns on the helmets. But whatever is done I hope it not red and black. As others have mentioned that's for the cards and falcons.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Warner4Prez said:
I'd be curious to see what a Red/Black scheme looked like. Could be bitchin' if done properly, even though it might be overkill with Falcons and Cardinals. A black helmet with red horns? It works in the head.
He's talking about the Cleveland Rams uniform. In their original scheme, I presume.

cO4DQ.jpg

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
Warner4Prez said:
He's talking about the Cleveland Rams uniform. In their original scheme, I presume.

cO4DQ.jpg

Two words...butt ugly.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
I searched for a pic but couldn't find, so thanks for posting.

I did, however, get the following from wiki...

When the team debuted in 1937, the Rams' colors were red and black, featuring red helmets, black uniforms with red shoulders and sleeves, tan pants, and red socks with black and white stripes. One year later they would switch their team colors to gold and royal blue, with gold helmets, white pants, royal blue uniforms with gold numbers and gold shoulders, white pants with a royal stripe, and solid royal blue socks. By the mid-1940s the Rams had adopted gold jerseys (with navy blue serif numerals, navy blue shoulders, gold helmets, white pants with a gold-navy-gold stripe, and gold socks with two navy stripes). The uniforms were unchanged as the team moved to Los Angeles. The helmets were changed to navy in 1947.
Amusing that the team moved away from the red and blacks after just 1yr, going to the blue and gold.

I wouldn't miind seeing the team try the red and blacks for a throw back game... that'd be cool.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BigRamFan said:
X said:
Warner4Prez said:

cO4DQ.jpg

Two words...butt ugly.
How about this?

SH2jn.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Red and black would be ok. They are my high school's colors.

It would just look tacky, too arena league.

I like the current color schemes. We can mix in the throwbacks/current by having the gold horn on the shoulders and getting rid of the Rams logo on the sleeves, and putting it either in front or back on top of the numbers. Speaking of the numbers, might be good to switch the font on the numbers. I don't really like the big block type. Make it slightly less blocky.

On the pants, blue pants is fine but get rid of the 2 white stripes and put a single, thick gold stripe.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
BigRamFan said:
X said:
Warner4Prez said:

cO4DQ.jpg

Two words...butt ugly.
How about this?

SH2jn.jpg

Better, but still not a fan. Leave those to the birds (falcons, cards).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BigRamFan said:
Better, but still not a fan. Leave those to the birds (falcons, cards).
Yeah, I don't like it either. I'm not a fan of them going WAY back in time to showcase our uniforms, especially if they look like that. There can't be anyone alive who remembers what the Cleveland Ram uniforms looked like anyway. It's a novelty and all when you see the bumble bee Steelers uniforms or the meat packing plant uniforms of the Packers, but who needs to see that more than once? It's OOGLY.

Since so many fans are invested in the idea, I don't think the Organization should just make a unilateral decision and put it in place. I think they should have some sort of mass vote on the Official Site or something. Or better yet. Maybe KD will let us host the vote here.

How about it Kev? :hehe: