So we're not interested in Randy Moss, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How do we feel about him going to the 49ers?

Randy Moss To Work Out For 49ers
http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012/03 ... 49ers.html

Free agent wide receiver Randy Moss is headed to Bay Area today for a Monday workout with the San Francisco 49ers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Moss, who spent 2011 out of football, worked out for the New Orleans Saints last week. Reports out of that workout were the 35-year-old looked good, but has not yet received a contract offer.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Wait, I never said I was anti-Moss. I'm not sure if I'd be first in line to sign him to my team, but I'm sure he'll make a few additions to his highlight reel this year.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Not bashing Alex Smith I mean he did lead to a promising NFC Champ game and SB opportunity esp without Josh Morgan which had an impact in addition to Crabtree's ghost appearance. Smith doesn't have the arm to hit Moss or anyone else deep so it would be puzzling. I would be shocked if they decide not to resign Josh Morgan...who I think is coming into his own and has a high ceiling.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Eh, luckily Alex Smith can't throw to anyone that isn't a TE or a RB, so that should help.

Really at this point I'm more worried about Manning. Apparently he and Wayne are a package deal, and who knows maybe Clark will just jump in with them too... I don't want him going to Arizona. Manning, Wayne Fitzgerald, maybe Clark.... No thank you.

I'm hoping he stays in the AFC. Lets go Broncos.

Back to Randy Moss though, I wouldn't be pissed about him if he could behave and not destroy the locker room. Since that is usually his MO, I'm iffy on him. If he wants to tear apart SF then he can go right ahead. It's not like he's going to get them over the hump or anything.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
BatteringRambo said:
Not bashing Alex Smith I mean he did lead to a promising NFC Champ game and SB opportunity esp without Josh Morgan which had an impact in addition to Crabtree's ghost appearance. Smith doesn't have the arm to hit Moss or anyone else deep so it would be puzzling. I would be shocked if they decide not to resign Josh Morgan...who I think is coming into his own and has a high ceiling.

Exactly. Moss doesnt fit their style if you look at what their offense accomplished last year. It was all about TOP, long, methodical drives, and Akers made a ton of FGs for them. Could Harbaugh keep Moss happy and motivated? Maybe. Alex Smith still has to get him the ball.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
Eh, luckily Alex Smith can't throw to anyone that isn't a TE or a RB, so that should help.

Really at this point I'm more worried about Manning. Apparently he and Wayne are a package deal, and who knows maybe Clark will just jump in with them too... I don't want him going to Arizona. Manning, Wayne Fitzgerald, maybe Clark.... No thank you.

Back to Randy Moss though, I wouldn't be pissed about him if he could behave and not destroy the locker room. Since that is usually his MO, I'm iffy on him. If he wants to tear apart SF then he can go right ahead. It's not like he's going to get them over the hump or anything.

Yeah im pretty terrified of Manning maybe going to Zona. Its looking like them, Broncos, and Dolphins as the frontrunners, and i'l just throw in a mystery team for the heck of it, cause there probably is one. I dont wanna see us face the Colts offense along with Fitzgerald lol. Im also really glad its not looking like Niners are getting involved here (fingers crossed) because he could get them over the hump.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:

Yeah im pretty terrified of Manning maybe going to Zona. Its looking like them, Broncos, and Dolphins as the frontrunners, and i'l just throw in a mystery team for the heck of it, cause there probably is one. I dont wanna see us face the Colts offense along with Fitzgerald lol. Im also really glad its not looking like Niners are getting involved here (fingers crossed) because he could get them over the hump.
Yeah, I don't want Manning in our division at all. It's bad enough having the 49ers resurrect themselves from the dead, but dealing with that and a Manning led Cardinals team could seriously impede our ability to get back on track.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think Manning would be crazy not to roll with KC. Several good young players on both sides of the ball, and AFCW could be easier to walk through than NFCW. Plus I thought he still preferred AFC to NFC.
I just don't think Arizona is realistic for the guy, other than Fitz wanting him there. The O-line is a bit of a wreck and I don't think they have cap space.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Peyton was there last night. I didn't know that, but maybe some of you did.

Arizona Cardinals update:
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/157127

First, the assistant coaches trickled into the Cardinals Tempe facility. Then receiver Larry Fitzgerald arrived. Finally, coach Ken Whisenhunt pulled in with a very important passenger: Peyton Manning.

Manning arrived in the Valley last night and likely will spend a chunk of time here at the facility. I have no idea how long. Cardinals officials have kept a tight lid on this.

Our photographer, Cheryl Evans, caught Whisenhunt and Manning. She'll have photos up soon on azcentral.

I haven't seen Manning's agent, Tom Condon, and it doesn't seem as if he's on this trip with Manning. I don't know if that means negotiations are unlikely to take place. It seems to suggest that.

[hil]Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this parting quote from former coach Dave McGinnis.[/hil] His new team, the Rams, just received two first-round picks and a second from the Redskins for moving down four spots in the draft.

What the Redskins did, and what the Cardinals are trying to do illustrates the importance of having an elite quarterback.

[hil]"If you don't have a quarterback," McGinnis said, "then what you've got is a rugby team."[/hil]

I'll be camping out here for a while. Stay tuned.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't let the thread title fool you. We're no longer talking about Moss.
Man would it suck to have him in Arizona with his favorite target AND Fitz. But, that said, if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. Fisher & Co. didn't sign up to have the division handed to them. Time to live up to the hype.

[espn]7672021[/espn]

bluecoconuts

Legend
Manning to Arizona would probably make the NFC West one of the stronger divisions in the NFL again.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Don't let the thread title fool you. We're no longer talking about Moss.
Man would it suck to have him in Arizona with his favorite target AND Fitz. But, that said, if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. Fisher & Co. didn't sign up to have the division handed to them. Time to live up to the hype.

[espn]7672021[/espn]
True, if you want to be the best you're going to have to beat everyone anyway, but I'd like to have better odds.

OTish: seeing Warner in that Cardinals hat (in the video) makes me sick to my stomach. It's like every time I see Pujols in an Angels uniform.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Marshall Faulk had repeatedly said that Peyton won't go to an NFC team, because he does not want to compete with his brother for a trip to the SB. That is supposedly one reason why Eli did not go to the Chargers while Peyton was in the AFC.

steferfootball

Starter
I'd lol if Manning became a division rival of Fisher again. lol

Anyways, I'm opening up to the idea of Moss. Perhaps being humbled will do good things for his work ethic. Even at his age, if he is doing good with the workouts, he could be an upgrade over DX. I like DX, but he hasn't shown much progress as a pro and is an injury liability.

Hey, I can dream of an open receiver, right?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
For someone who just had multiple neck surgeries, I don't think he would like of playing behind that line.

That said, I don't like the idea of him going to AZ. Especially if he does sign an incentive based deal like has been said.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:

Anyways, I'm opening up to the idea of Moss. Perhaps being humbled will do good things for his work ethic. Even at his age, if he is doing good with the workouts, he could be an upgrade over DX. I like DX, but he hasn't shown much progress as a pro and is an injury liability.

Hey, I can dream of an open receiver, right?

And then the Seahawks sign Vince Young to be the starter. Boom. 2 of Fishers worst nightmares in the division.

EDIT: But he would probably enjoy the opportunity to crush Young 2 times a season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
That *would* be funny. Kind of a comic tragedy. "Oh come on! THIS guy again!?"

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I don't care what player goes where!
I'm still gonna be believing the Rams beat every team they go up against.
Now excuse me.
I gotta go roll me another one of these.
Shit's good!!

GO RAMS!!!!