So we need a SLB eh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Noticed the free agent market is quite bleak and wasn't exactly loaded either.
I saw a few guys but ehhhh like Leroy Hill and Quincy Black. I would not consider either. Maybe Justin Durant but he's signed by Cowgirls and was strictly a 2 down.

We currently have Sammy Brown, Josh Hull and Jabra Cadabra Williams.

So......looks like we'll likely snag one in the draft which brings up who,when,where and why. Here are a few potentials I could see.
Khaseem Greene- Rutgers
Sio Moore- UConn
Sean Porter- Texas A&M
Jelani Jenkins- Florida
Zaviar Gooden- Mizzou
Gerald Hodges- Penn State

Just threw a few possibilities. What do YOU guys think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
BatteringRambo said:
Noticed the free agent market is quite bleak and wasn't exactly loaded either.
I saw a few guys but ehhhh like Leroy Hill and Quincy Black. I would not consider either. Maybe Justin Durant but he's signed by Cowgirls and was strictly a 2 down.

We currently have Sammy Brown, Josh Hull and Jabra Cadabra Williams.

So......looks like we'll likely snag one in the draft which brings up who,when,where and why. Here are a few potentials I could see.
Khaseem Greene- Rutgers
Sio Moore- UConn
Sean Porter- Texas A&M
Jelani Jenkins- Florida
Zaviar Gooden- Mizzou
Gerald Hodges- Penn State

Just threw a few possibilities. What do YOU guys think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For me this one, like the other "want" positions, is all about value. I like Greene in the 2nd, Moore in the 3rd and either of Jenkins or Gooden in the 4th. Hopefully one of the above will make it to those slots.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still think we need to put Josh Hull in at MIKE and Laurinaitis at SAM, and then draft for depth. I don't know if Hull would be as cerebral at calling the defense, but I know he hits a bit harder and is every bit as aggressive. Laurinaitis would be great at SAM, IMO. He's got good lateral speed, is good in coverage, and can diagnose what a TE is doing.

But none of that is going to happen, so.....

Draft a SAM and get it over with.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Dont be surprised if Dunbar goes to SLB. He was coming off the field on passing situations anyway. I think he would be better suited for SLB. The draft and players listed on the OP are WLB. Williams looked pretty good last year in pre season, he could emerge.

Fisher does not have a history of drafting OLB in general, so I would be a little surprised to see him draft one in the first 3 rounds. Still there is some good value and depth at WLB. Moving Dunbar over seems to make the most sense IMHO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think linebacker is a huge hole for us right now.

Imagine if Laurenitius missed time... :shock: We'd be hosed.

Some help is definitely needed at linebacker and I suspect it's early in the draft.

F. Mulder

Starter
Personally I think we need a WLB. Someone who can run and chase and can be used on situational blitzes. We need someone who can run and who can tackle arods like Kap and Wilson when they want to pull it down.

Put Dunbar at SLB and get a WLB who can run like a safety!@

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
F. Mulder said:
Personally I think we need a WLB. Someone who can run and chase and can be used on situational blitzes. We need someone who can run and who can tackle arods like Kap and Wilson when they want to pull it down.

So you like Gooden then???

With this draft that would be a pretty good approach. There aren't many SAM type backers that I like in this draft, but there are a few good WILL's.

F. Mulder

Starter
DR RAM said:
F. Mulder said:

So you like Gooden then???

With this draft that would be a pretty good approach. There aren't many SAM type backers that I like in this draft, but there are a few good WILL's.
Sure, sign me up. Think he is a 3rd or 4h rd pick? Do you think he will be there?