So we have no free agents...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Why can't we fill our gaps through the draft?

Would we have let both Saffold and Williams walk had we not had a plan?

#2 trade down

Take Matthews or Robinson

#13 Clinton-Dix

We didn't even pursue Byrd. Cheaper alternative right here.

#whatever (depending upon what we get)

After our trade down, we get Su'a-Filo or the next best guard.

Verrett. Falling CB.

Free agency? Over-rated.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
There is something said to be for experienced talent. I'm all for drafting talent but I would like to have gotten at least one top notch guard/tackle

Alan

Legend
Were things to actually fall out just like you outlined Flipper, then I'd be OK with that. Providing all the players actually perform as expected considering their draft position. Has that ever happened to us before?

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Were things to actually fall out just like you outlined Flipper, then I'd be OK with that. Providing all the players actually perform as expected considering their draft position. Has that ever happened to us before?
Have all of our expensive free agents worked out before?

laramsoriginal

Starter
Me too but the draft will make you or break you...IMO

Exactly. So the rams are relying on rookies to pave the way at both Guard positions, S, and nickel-CB? It will be tough competing in our division with so many key young players. Rams have been using that model now for 2 years.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
Free agency is not over yet....just started. So stating...all the above positions is WAY to early to say they will all be rookies.

Alan

Legend
Flipper_336 asking me to have a memory:
Have all of our expensive free agents worked out before?
I can't answer that because for some unknown reason, the Rams haven't ever signed any of "my" FAs. :LOL:

Let me try and answer that a different way since I'm already here.
Most of the "Rams" FAs have delivered the quality of play they thought they would yes. Unfortunately, they have frequently been injured. But even draftees get injured although with less frequency. I'll go back to one of my main mantras (that don't have anything to do with Bhudda), percentages, percentages, percentages. I play the percentages.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't answer that because for some unknown reason, the Rams haven't ever signed any of "my" FAs. :LOL:

Most of the "Rams" FAs have delivered the quality of play they thought they would yes. Unfortunately, they have frequently been injured. But even draftees get injured although with less frequency. I'll go back to one of my main mantras (that don't have anything to do with Bhudda), percentages, percentages, percentages. I play the percentages.
Percentages, eh?

What percentage of fans don't say "our" or "we" in relation to the team which they support?

:whistle:

duckhunter

Starter
Don't forget that we often see some quality players get cut around draft time as teams adjust for the draft additions and cap fine tuning just prior to the start of training camp.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Why can't we fill our gaps through the draft?

Would we have let both Saffold and Williams walk had we not had a plan?

#2 trade down

Take Matthews or Robinson

#13 Clinton-Dix

We didn't even pursue Byrd. Cheaper alternative right here.

#whatever (depending upon what we get)

After our trade down, we get Su'a-Filo or the next best guard.

Verrett. Falling CB.

Free agency? Over-rated.

I just like Pryor over Dix. That's all...

tbux

Rookie
funny when people panic after DAY ONE of FA- be real. we didn't overpay- that is a good thing. Chill out- long way to go - we will take care of all the needs we have. And don't forget about Jones at OG- he will win that job. so only need one plus depth. so chill

Alan

Legend
Sometimes you have to ignore things like that when you're on a roll. But there was a point in there somewhere.

It's not easy to defend someone else's actions if you didn't like them in the first place. I try to stay away from defending things i don't agree with because it never works out very well for me when I try. :LOL:

jjab360

Legend

Well, you can't really say your mantra is percentages when you didn't actually give us any percentages to back up your statements, Alan. ;)

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
funny when people panic after DAY ONE of FA- be real. we didn't overpay- that is a good thing. Chill out- long way to go - we will take care of all the needs we have. And don't forget about Jones at OG- he will win that job. so only need one plus depth. so chill
Well this is the end of Day TWO, so with not one significant addition I think a lil panic is warranted.
I don't doubt we'll make due, but it's not like we don't have to get A LOT better to even sniff the playoffs. If our divisional rivals all got worse I could see not being worried, but they didn't so...

tbux

Rookie
Yes some did= there some significant players lost by Sea and SF- and we are just fine- again no need to panic- FA was never going to be a big source of getting our players- one or two is what most thought we would get- and we will. There are TONS of players still out there- we are doing this the right way. The longer it goes- the more leverage we have with players. We don't need splash players- we need gap fillers.

nighttrain

Legend
Quite a few times Alan, SB wasn't bad, and Saffold was darn good first year, then go back to Mr Pace, on to SJ, Just not much but SB during the Linny or Spags eras
train

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

I don't see us getting a #1 receiver. But beefing up the OL and getting another RB like Stacy could even things out.

We still need another LB. This is tricky...

Safety- Not too worried, actually.

CB- Yes, I'm worried. Maybe pick 13? IDK...

Not worried about the OL too bad because we'll draft Mathews and a couple OG's.

Alan

Legend
jjab360 asking me to do actual work:
Well, you can't really say your mantra is percentages when you didn't actually give us any percentages to back up your statements, Alan. ;)
Percentages form many of my opinions but keeping up with the exact figures which are constantly in flux (even if they don't change all that much in the short term) is called WORK. Sorry to use that 4 letter word. I hope you have your profanity filter on.
You're lucky jjab, it's now close to 2030 (or close enough to 2030) for this to be my last unassisted post. If you think I didn't do the hard work in my last post, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :coffee:

I'll be right back. Although it won't seem that way to me. LOL!

Last edited: