So to get to 7-9...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Life could be worse. This jackass could be our quarterback.
123.jpg

...you ain't no Ali.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like your positive attitude , but I think you're smarter than that
In all seriousness though, being smart has nothing to do with a person's outlook on things.
I can know it's gonna storm tomorrow. I can choose to have a good day anyway.
Know what I mean, Vern?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In all seriousness though, being smart has nothing to do with a person's outlook on things.
I can know it's gonna storm tomorrow. I can choose to have a good day anyway.
Know what I mean, Vern?
I'm glad you are a positive thinker cause I am too . I'm positive they will not make the playoffs . I've seen what Fisher ball has done for 5 years now .Vern

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm glad you are a positive thinker cause I am too . I'm positive they will not make the playoffs . I've seen what Fisher ball has done for 5 years now .Vern
Personal bet then.
Put up your $11K that they don't, and I'll match it.
(just gotta figure out how to make a personal bet on here).

Oh, and the "Vern" reference is from a really bad movie. We don't have to get snarky with each other.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personal bet then.
Put up your $11K that they don't, and I'll match it.
(just gotta figure out how to make a personal bet on here).

Oh, and the "Vern" reference is from a really bad movie. We don't have to get snarky with each other.
I know , but I just stepped out of the car after a 6 hour drive chewing on 3-3 . We'll bet tomorrow buddy . Goodnight

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know , but I just stepped out of the car after a 6 hour drive chewing on 3-3 . We'll bet tomorrow buddy . Goodnight
10-4. Sorry it didn't work out for you after making the trek.
I created the bet for us, but the max we can wager is $2K.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
History tells us this team will fall out of the playoff hunt early BUT you gotta admit something is changing. Every week we clamor for a fix and i swear it seems the corrections are made, am I right? unfortunately we are still losing.

The playoff's are going to happen........ eventually.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
10-4. Sorry it didn't work out for you after making the trek.
I created the bet for us, but the max we can wager is $2K.
You really think we will make it this year?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
With Trumaine Johnson in the line up, we'd have beaten the Lions.

With Michael Brockers in the line up and different play calls on one or two plays last week, we'd have beaten the Bills.

That's how close we were to 5-1.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
As an additional point, yesterday's game supports what @-X- said earlier this week about the improving offense specifically the post where he compared overall season stats to the last 3 games (before the Lions game).

Boras is still learning on the job but the curve is trending upwards with him.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Sometimes you lump games in to categories and I think
Category A= we are the better team.
Category B= maybe we can win if we don't make mistakes and get some breaks.
Category C= we are not close to the quality of the opponent, but Fisher wins some of these.
Category D= End of year, a playoff hopeful team, sometimes good things happen

We can beat NY Giants, and Palmer may not last the season, so the finale may b another victory.

A) 70-75% chance: I say we win 3 (if these 4)
*Jets, Miami, Saints, 49ers

B) 50-60% Chance: I say we win 1 (of these 2)
*NY Giants
*Carolina (a good team with bad corners, and bad attitude that will change soon)

C) The impossible belows: I say we win 1 (of these 3)
40% Falcons Well, we can beat the Falcons, like we beat the Saints in 2011 (with our first 3 corners hurt).
30% Patriots (If we play man up on these pesky Slot WRs we have a 60% chance---but you know we won't!)
20-40% Seattle We won 4 of 5 and Seattle will be playing for homefield. THeir dogfight game of the year.

D) The finale vs Cardinals: Hmmm to go 9-7 or 10-6?
Toss up

Our chance at 10-6 comes if we steal one from Falcons, Seattle or Pats, and win all 4 in category A.

Looks simple, it ain't, it's the NFL boyz.

Is this realistic with our offense....yes? Our D needs 100% health after the bye to go 9-7 or 10-6.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X, I'll try to miss your car on the way down.

Actually, as a fan since '79, if this team could have really made me jump, I'd have been a pancake a long time ago. I think my problem is I'm too optimistic - every year I start the season thinking this will be the year things have to improve. Just the law of averages says we shouldn't be inept forever - I need to remember it could be worse like that stretch in the '90s, or we could be like the Lions and never have seen a SB or like the Vikings and Bills, to see a bunch and come up empty.

It's just especially frustrating to be this close to playing winning football and somehow never getting it all together. Next week will be huge - maybe Beckham will be too preoccupied with his net to torch our secondary (some serious squirrels in that attic). I see a loss to the Giants unless our D is more healthy. That would leave us 3-4 and needing at least 6 of the next nine for a playoff run. Not impossible, but we'll definitely need to use the force!

upload_2016-10-17_10-44-11.png