So there's still 12 games left

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Follow me out here. While tonight's performance by the team was bad, the Rams are 1-3. Is that less than ideal? Sure. But hear me out. There's still 12 games left in the season. That's 75% of the games left in the schedule. Now let's break that down into quarters of a schedule. The Rams lost the 1st quarter of the season. But there are still 3 more quarters to go. Last year's team went 2-2 in the first four games, 1-3 in the next four, 2-1-1 in the 3rd quarter, and 2-2 in the last four games of the season. Who is to say the Rams can't win the next three quarters of the season?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Lesson said:
Follow me out here. While tonight's performance by the team was bad, the Rams are 1-3. Is that less than idea? Sure. But hear me out. There's still 12 games left in the season. That's 75% of the games left in the schedule. Now let's break that down into quarters of a schedule. The Rams lost the 1st quarter of the season. But there are still 3 more quarters to go. Last year's team went 2-2 in the first four games, 1-3 in the next four, 2-1-1 in the 3rd quarter, and 2-2 in the last four games of the season. Who is to say the Rams can't win the next three quarters of the season?

Lesson I love the optimism. How can we get the coordinators to wake the fuck up? There's still hope but not with this game plan. AT ALL.

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
smram said:
Lesson I love the optimism. How can we get the coordinators to wake the freak up? There's still hope but not with this game plan. AT ALL.

It isn't one individual coach or player. The performance is on the entire team. The players have not been executing, which has led to criticism of the game plan on both offense and defense. Something has to change.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Lesson said:
Follow me out here. While tonight's performance by the team was bad, the Rams are 1-3. Is that less than ideal? Sure. But hear me out. There's still 12 games left in the season. That's 75% of the games left in the schedule. Now let's break that down into quarters of a schedule. The Rams lost the 1st quarter of the season. But there are still 3 more quarters to go. Last year's team went 2-2 in the first four games, 1-3 in the next four, 2-1-1 in the 3rd quarter, and 2-2 in the last four games of the season. Who is to say the Rams can't win the next three quarters of the season?

Yeah, and last year they went 4-1-1 in the division...so much for history.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Anything is possible, shit the whiners went to the NFC championship the yr before last, nobody saw that coming and I like the Rams talent, just need to get the most from it.

Im still holding out for 9 wins, is 8-4 over the next 12 weeks optimistic, sure it is but I am a Rams fan and it is hard for me to accept them losing 4 of the next 12, but Im willing to accept that if they are willing to go out there and show us what they are made of and make us proud to fly the blue and gold. Until the Rams are mathematically eliminated I will hold onto whatever chance they have of making us all proud. I refuse to take the raider fan approach of wait til next yr, cuz next yr never gets here it is always 1 yr away.

GO RAMS!!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Lesson said:

You know, even in years past when I knew they sucked arse, I still watched hoping they would win.
If we lose to Jacksonville, which is the easiest game on the schedule, then I'll probably conceed that this just isn't the year. But if we beat them as we should, then one never knows.
But we need a lot of change real quick. Here's to hoping..

iced

i only see 4 more wins on the schedule

jacksonville
tennessee
arizona
tampa

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
There is no room for optimism when we have been playing that bad. They are coaching the players to be so cautious, that its making the team just ineffective.

RamEERS

Pastor
anything can happen... its just how the coaches will continue to handcuff the offense... everything was going great in the first.. >.>

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
RamEERS said:
anything can happen... its just how the coaches will continue to handcuff the offense... everything was going great in the first.. >.>

It already is happening, how are you enjoying it so far? There are so many things wrong at this moment, it's impossible to know where to begin....outside of both lines.

Graphicker

Starter
I'm hanging by a thread.. But I hope we click after the jags game, The defense played well minus run support last night..

Sum1

Hall of Fame
They SHOULD win next week. But in al honesty, if they lose I won't be shocked.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's not that they have gone 1-3, its how they did it. We all wouldn't be this pissed off and disappointed if we had at least looked competent and put up a fight.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we beat the Jags.

But, it will only mask the situation and lull us into a false state of being.

I am convinced major changes to the schemes needs to happen. If the coordinators are not capable of doing that; then it's Fisher's job to do it.

Graphicker

Starter
How can Jim and pete have there teams playing at a high level?
We all saw it when Jim took over for Mike.. It's all about coaching as a pacers fan I saw this in

Job did preached nothing but chuck 3s and play undisciplined defense. He was fired half way thru the season and Frank
took us the playoffs, WITH the same roster JOB failed to do anything with for 3 years.
The same exact roster, He just changed philosophy mid way..

The man took us the post season as a 8th seed.. Next year? 3rd seed and lost to the heat in the second round.
Last year? One game away from going to the finals. That my friend is coaching.

Since he has emerged he has developed a ton of talent, In Hill, George, Hibbert and Lance. We made it that far
without our best player at the time in Danny Granger, THAT IS COACHING..

What I'm seeing right now? This is butchering. How can a team regresssssssss?????? HOW????

TexRamFan

Rookie
Im all about maintaining the hope. But one thing I have learned is you cannot accurately predict the NFL and wins and losses.

What we need to do is beat the hell outta Jax and take this one game at a time. Who knows, maybe one of those teams you think we lose too loses their best player. Maybe they have conflict within their clubhouse, you just never know.

The only thing you know is you have to win your next game. And fortunately for us that is Jax.

Although I would have loved to seen the schemes and play improve for this 9ers game, realistically we only had 4 days to prepare and I didnt expect to see much change. I was hoping for better execution. Didn't get that either.

Im hoping now Fisher has a few days to collect his thoughts and do what is necessary to get this team moving in the right direction. Its really a chicken and egg thing. Scheme or execution. Neither works without the other.

Fisher says "there gonna fix it", so let's see the man we pay the big bucks too do what he says.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
CGI_Ram said:
I think we beat the Jags.

But, it will only mask the situation and lull us into a false state of being.

I am convinced major changes to the schemes needs to happen. If the coordinators are not capable of doing that; then it's Fisher's job to do it.

Yeah and it'll will be some score like 19-11 or something stupid like that.

I have ZERO confidence in this team right now.

This feels like 2011, except no one major is hurt. Unless you count Cortland Finnegan. LOL.

Since it's early I'm barely, just barely holding to on to some obscure hope they will @ the very least start to be competitive. I have serious doubts about that one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
For those who want the coordinators fired and new schemes implemented, there's almost 0% chance of that happening. You don't spend this much time trying to get one down, only to pull the rug out from everyone and put a new one in place as the season is progressing. Yeah, I know, it can't get any worse...

False. It actually can.