So, the running game. . . . .

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Or lack thereof. I would say this has to be the biggest concern so far this preseason. We have guys in the backfield almost every time we try to run the ball. I'm sure getting Long and Saffold back will help, but I'm still concerned about it.
Also, how long does Stacy hold onto the #1 RB position when he's getting outperformed by Cunningham every single game? And this goes back to last year as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm going to reserve judgement on this until after the first regular season game against Minnesota.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm with X. But... I would be lying if i expected our backups to get owned like this.

Let's hope the lack of scheming is an impact.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I would hate to think that scheming is that THAT important when it comes to running the football in preseason. IMO, a run-first play action teams needs to be able to muster a solid running game even with backups vanilla scheme or no.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
IMO, it's really hard to judge when you don't have the full starting 5. I really think having Long at LT makes Robinson that much more effective at guard. Then Wells, Saffold and Barksdale. As much as I was watching going "WTF" is going on, I had to be fair since it wasn't really "1's". At least not all of them.

Same really goes for the poor run D. It's been really bad but again, no Brockers, JT, etc. When we see ALL of the starters at one time and we see this then we can be concerned.
And as Fisher said, everything has been pretty vanilla.

What I was excited about was Sam looked pretty darn good except for the missed bomb to Britt (who seemed open the entire route.).
And Brian Quick, man maybe he finally is getting it. He looked good too.

bskrilla

Starter
Wasn't Barksdale the ONLY lineman in position for the 1's today? I think that may have a fair bit to do with it.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Well, I think that Long and Saffold were our best run blockers last year. So I'm not particularly surprised they haven't looked too good without them. Hopefully they'll be able to get them right before September.

Truth be told, I'm more concerned about the run defense.

We might be able to get by against the Vikings with a minimal run game. We'll have a 0% chance playing run defense the way we have been against Peterson.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would hate to think that scheming is that THAT important when it comes to running the football in preseason. IMO, a run-first play action teams needs to be able to muster a solid running game even with backups vanilla scheme or no.

I don't think it does either. Just throwing out some hope.