So the cupboard is bare?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I get that the losses of Gurley, Littleton, Brockers, NRC, and Matthews hurts. Wade and Bones not returning is newsworthy. Cooks may very well go elsewhere. Add to these things the uncertainty of the OLine and LB corps and the labels of this offseason are inevitable by the sensationalists: rebuild, mismanagement, internal conflict, etc.

It seems every news outlet discounts the pieces in place most teams would hope to have at this stage of the offseason. The Rams have a winning HC, a bold and experienced GM, Pro Bowl caliber at DT, Safety, Corner, QB, WR, TE and solid starters throughout the roster. There is still the draft ahead and FA money to spend.

Perhaps we’ve been spoiled by the last three years of big name acquisitions that produced more hype than substance. I believe the best players gained over this span have not been Peters, Talib, Matthews, Cooks, or Suh... they were Kupp, Woods, Rapp, JJ III, Ramsey, and Henderson. I see the development of Hill Evans, Edwards, Joseph-Day and Higbee as progress. I will have to see Floyd and Robinson perform in horns before assessing their value.

Last offseason the Browns gained the spotlight and the 9’ers were forgotten. Pundit hype rarely lacks substance. Let’s see what’s real next autumn.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
And if I heard correctly, Cooks will be traded if we can find a partner to give us a mid rd pick "before" his bonus is due. Sounds like his bonus is due in the next day or two. Reynolds is ready and he will need to be resigned next year imho. Just need to find Reynolds depth replacement in the draft now! Its fat cutting season folks

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Now I’m encouraged about 2020, my emotions are back and forth from thread to thread today

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we have to look at this as less of a rebuild and more of a re-tooling. We still have a tonne of talented players
Goff
Donald
Coop
Woods
JJ
Cooks (as of the time of posting )
Big whit
Ramsey

Sure it stings to release Gurley and lose players like brock and Littleton but this isn’t a phins firesale people. I’m sure the brain trust of the rams have some sort of plan in place wether that plan success or not is a future us problem I think perspective is key

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we have to look at this as less of a rebuild and more of a re-tooling. We still have a tonne of talented players
Goff
Donald
Coop
Woods
JJ
Cooks (as of the time of posting )
Big whit
Ramsey

Sure it stings to release Gurley and lose players like brock and Littleton but this isn’t a phins firesale people. I’m sure the brain trust of the rams have some sort of plan in place wether that plan success or not is a future us problem I think perspective is key

The year we made a SB run... we all could circle this offseason as one with tough decisions to make.

We saw it coming, really.

My head is where yours is. Teams constantly have these cycles with contracts to retool.... thank goodness we have a CORE to avoid the rebuild. (y)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People can talk all they want - but what's different about the offense the last few years? Just RB. Its all on Edwards/Corbett/Evans for next year - if two of those guys can turn into solid guards, we'll have an elite offense again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cupboard isn't bare. We just have zero room for error with this batch of FAs and this draft. Just about every move is going to need to work out for us to challenge this year.

It could happen and we're all gonna root for things to go that way. But odds are against us and this looks very much like a reload year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not even close to bare. On D, any time you have two players of the caliber of AD and Ramsey to build around, you are nowhere close to bare. Those guys are huge impact players. You can't have (and nobody does have) superstars at all positions, we just need to get some quality replacements for guys that walked, as well as getting guys that fit the scheme that Staley is going to install.

On O, we have an up and coming QB, an elite WR in Kupp and a very good one in Woods. Cooks, if he stays, is also very good, although I fear he's one concussion away from retirement and contend he should just do so now. Reynolds is an above average WR, and Higbee at TE really took off in the latter half of last year. If a couple of the young guys on our OL continue the trajectory they were on last year, the OL will improve. We no longer have an elite RB, but then again, we haven't had that since week 11 of 2018 - we just hadn't admitted as much until yesterday. But I think Henderson can be a good one for us, and we know Brown can be solid (would like him do better on the health front though).

We're not close to bare. Bare is what we had when Fisher took over for Spags, when we had more holes than a Borg-sized block of Swiss cheese.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Not even close to bare. On D, any time you have two players of the caliber of AD and Ramsey to build around, you are nowhere close to bare.

Disagree. You double (or even triple) team Donald and simply throw to the side of the field Ramsey isn't on. Since all of our depth are now starters, we have no depth, so there's always going to be someone open. We run a 3-4 and don't have coverage linebackers anymore. We're going to finish bottom 10 on D.

We're not close to bare. Bare is what we had when Fisher took over for Spags, when we had more holes than a Borg-sized block of Swiss cheese.

In 2012, we had a pre-garbage Bradford, Steven Jackson, a young Safford, a young Robert Quinn, the exact same special teamers we have now, etc. That 2012 team was no worse than the 2020 team. If we had Borg-sized holes then....