(So sad): All indications' Rams will pass on Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The problems with the Lions is their defense, not the offense.
I know that. That's why I said he's not a determining factor in the team's success.
I see us as a one dimensional offense right now - and we need playmakers on the outside. Can't be one dimensional against these teams in the division - not with their front 7's. they're all stout against the run.
But you just said (and I reiterated) the Seahawks were one dimensional with their porous pass blocking. And yet....

iced

I know that. That's why I said he's not a determining factor in the team's success.

But you just said (and I reiterated) the Seahawks were one dimensional with their porous pass blocking. And yet....

didn't say they were one dimensional - marshawn is one hell of a back and that defense is the best in the league.

they still moved the chains a bit through the air....

plus you have the wilson effect, scrambling and getting yards or extra time

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
didn't say they were one dimensional - marshawn is one hell of a back and that defense is the best in the league.

they still moved the chains a bit through the air....
One-dimensional as it applies to the offense.
But, we're getting into semantics now. I think we both made our points known. (y)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I wonder what those "indications", are?

And... why would they tip their hand?

Personally; I think JT is posting what an outsider would conclude based on looking at the team. I believe what he's posted, because it makes sense. But, doubt that's came from any inside sources.
This is all coming from a radio interview he did early last week. He is drawing this conclusion based on the comments Snead and Fisher both made early in the year regarding our receivers developing.

This is not anything that has come from new information...take this (and ANY draft info you hear) with a grain of salt. I mean, the made these comments about not needing to add any receivers and then they went out and signed Kenny Britt.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There's enough talent on this team at rec. a good QB will flourish ,if Sam can't get it done with these folks ,he can't get it done

There's enough talent on this team at rec. a good QB will flourish ,if Sam can't get it done with these folks ,he can't get it done

If this team has enough talent at receiver then I don't see any team drafting a receiver, which is good news as Watkins should be available as an UDFA :party:.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If this team has enough talent at receiver then I don't see any team drafting a receiver, which is good news as Watkins should be available as an UDFA :party:.
That post needed at least double blue font. Perhaps triple.

No, I'm not sure how that would be possible.

iced

i severely disagree - i think it's the opposite.

Name one player who has left here and actually played better elsewhere?

Upgrade the receiver position and you'll see the impact reflected on Bradford. I'm sure he'd love to have a target that gets open quicker (or at all)

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Hyperbolic much?
I believe we end up with two A.M. players from this draft and no Watkins,it'll be Evans if he's there when we want him which won't be at 2 and the main reason it would be him is his ability to block guys like Sherman,that's the only place I see us needing to upgrade at rec.

Hyperbolic much?
I believe we end up with two A.M. players from this draft and no Watkins,it'll be Evans if he's there when we want him which won't be at 2 and the main reason it would be him is his ability to block guys like Sherman,that's the only place I see us needing to upgrade at rec.

That and catching the ball, but that's only a minor one.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
And unblued sarcasm as well, multi talented y'are

Watkins will be good,I take that as a given ,but the "we have nothing at rec." rhetoric is tired and wrong and I can't wait to see it exposed. Sam has to make it with this bunch and maybe Evans or IMO he's the guy who takes the fall/ blame.He was headed for a career year with three newbies at rec. on this team last year ,that IMO only gets better even without Evans this year time for a franchise tackle.

lockdnram21

Legend

Upgrade the receiver position and you'll see the impact reflected on Bradford. I'm sure he'd love to have a target that gets open quicker (or at all)

go re watch games after stacy took over. the receivers were getting open. Either Clemens didnt see them didnt have time or wasnt accurate. ive been watching the games like a coupleweeks. So i disagree

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

Laurant Robinson

iced

go re watch games after stacy took over. the receivers were getting open. Either Clemens didnt see them didnt have time or wasnt accurate. ive been watching the games like a coupleweeks. So i disagree
I have - and I disagree.

Laurant Robinson
okay true - but then he was the #3/4 option behind dez bryant,jason witten, and miles austin.

But Robinson is also a free agent and was cut by jacksonville of all teams last year..

so I kinda go back to my main point - the guys not even playing anymore

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I have - and I disagree.

okay true - but then he was the #3/4 option behind dez bryant,jason witten, and miles austin.

But Robinson is also a free agent and was cut by jacksonville of all teams last year..

so I kinda go back to my main point - the guys not even playing anymore
He got hurt and FWIW everyone and his uncle HERE laughed at the Cowboys for signing him .

jjab360

Legend
He got hurt and FWIW everyone and his uncle HERE laughed at the Cowboys for signing him .
Actually, I thought it was a smart, value signing for the Cowboys. I laughed at the Jaguars, however, for signing him to a big money contract and expecting him to be a no.1 WR.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Actually, I thought it was a smart, value signing for the Cowboys. I laughed at the Jaguars, however, for signing him to a big money contract and expecting him to be a no.1 WR.
So that makes you nobody