(So sad): All indications' Rams will pass on Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "all indications are" Clemson WR Sammy Watkins is not in the mix for the Rams at No. 2 overall.
Beat writer Jim Thomas acknowledges "it’s believed there are some in the building who would like to take Watkins," but GM Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher have all but shot down the notion. The Rams invested first- (Tavon Austin) and third-round (Stedman Bailey) picks in wide receivers last April, in addition to 2012's No. 33 overall selection (Brian Quick). They also signed Kenny Britt and return 2013 leading receivers Chris Givens and Austin Pettis. Thomas expects St. Louis to either trade down or use the No. 2 pick on an offensive tackle

[www.rotoworld.com]

iced

lol please - i wouldn't listen to anything this close to the draft. I don't buy this like I don't buy the Manziel hype.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder what those "indications", are?

And... why would they tip their hand?

Personally; I think JT is posting what an outsider would conclude based on looking at the team. I believe what he's posted, because it makes sense. But, doubt that's came from any inside sources.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It only makes sense too pass on him. This draft has great WRs all throughout but great Olinemen are scarce. We need to give the receivers we have now some time to grow without having to split time with other young talent. Our oline has holes and is fairly shallow so it's best that we sure up the trenches.

jjab360

Legend
Sorry guys, you just don't take a WR like Watkins that high in the draft. I know we're kind of receiver desperate as Rams fans that haven't had that guy since Holt left, but this kid isn't the answer, imo.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I actually agree, but it's just a feeling. No...it's More than a Feeling.

Excellent song for a gray day here in Maryland. (y)

As for who will be picked and who will not be picked - the draft is a poker game where everyone lies and hides their hand and blows smoke up many orifices. Only a fool shows his cards and makes his true intentions known. Snead and Fisher play this game of intrigue as well as anyone. Have faith!

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
We will know shortly. All along I've felt like Robinson or Mattews would be the pick. Cal Johnson hasn't led the lions to the promised land and sammy watkins wont lead the rams either. Personally I like robinson.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry guys, you just don't take a WR like Watkins that high in the draft. I know we're kind of receiver desperate as Rams fans that haven't had that guy since Holt left, but this kid isn't the answer, imo.

So you will compare Holt coming out to Watkins coming out for me please?

I can't WAIT to read this.

Muleman

UDFA
Rfip, man I love your passion and your boldness. You may be right, heck, no one knows. But for sure everyone here knows where you stand on Watkins and Bradford and I just love that.
Keep the faith no matter what!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
It makes sense that they don't want people thinking they are taking any one particular player, especially one that people think they should take.

There were 2 trades in the top 8 on draft day last year. I expect at least that many this year and the Rams will be involved (again). And I wouldn't be surprised with anything they do except taking a QB in the first round.

jjab360

Legend
So you will compare Holt coming out to Watkins coming out for me please?

I can't WAIT to read this.
Not really, that was 15 years ago, I don't really know what Holt looked like coming out of NC State.

What I can say is that there hasn't been a WR taken in the top 3 that I can think of that didn't have any elite physical traits. Watkins is the jack of all trades, master of none, I can't see a guy like that at any position going second overall in a draft with as much talent as this one.

iced

Not really, that was 15 years ago, I don't really know what Holt looked like coming out of NC State.

What I can say is that there hasn't been a WR taken in the top 3 that I can think of that didn't have any elite physical traits. Watkins is the jack of all trades, master of none, I can't see a guy like that at any position going second overall in a draft with as much talent as this one.

i'd call his game breaking ability elite.

not too many receivers that can bull doze a corner and take it for 6'. or take a short pass and break it over and over again.....josh gordon did it a lot last season (talkin about their abilities to make somethin out of nothin)