So now we know. NOW who do you got?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I would be stoked with Lamar Miller @ #33. He's definitely got the frame and skill set we need. Believe Walter's had him projected to us there.

superfan24

Starter
DE at 6 :boing: :boing: :boing: That would be pretty crazy, but I trust Snead and Demoff after pulling this trade off. Go for a DT not DE.
Libertas-do you really think Weeden could go in the 1st or is he a 2nd/3rd guy?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
superfan24 said:
DE at 6 :boing: :boing: :boing: That would be pretty crazy, but I trust Snead and Demoff after pulling this trade off. Go for a DT not DE.
Libertas-do you really think Weeden could go in the 1st or is he a 2nd/3rd guy?

I think talent wise Weeden is a bottom half of the first kind of player. If he slips at all it will be because of his age. He'll be 28 early next season. Say it takes 3 years for him to completely develop, that means he's 31. So Im not sure he can be that "face" of the franchise you like to see in a young QB prospect.

If the Browns take Blackmon I could definitely see them taking him at 22 or maybe 38. He is an upgrade on Colt McCoy. Weeden has an elite arm.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Don't count Dontario Poe out if the Rams start showing interest.

This. Fisher has reached for prospects before (Chris Johnson and Michael Roos being prime examples). One of the top three defensive tackles (Poe, Still, or Cox) could easily be selected at that spot if Fisher feels that they're good enough.

I think Claiborne will almost certainly go to the Bucs if he's there; Talib is going to prison, Barber is close to retirement, and they have no depth behind those two. The Browns could go with Richardson or Blackmon, but with their wide receivers (Little and Cribbs are the only some-what reliable receivers, and Cribbs is a returner/slot receiver), it's more likely that they'll go with Blackmon.

Overall, there's a lot more options to play with at number six than there was at number two.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

This. Fisher has reached for prospects before (Chris Johnson and Michael Roos being prime examples). One of the top three defensive tackles (Poe, Still, or Cox) could easily be selected at that spot if Fisher feels that they're good enough.

I think Claiborne will almost certainly go to the Bucs if he's there; Talib is going to prison, Barber is close to retirement, and they have no depth behind those two. The Browns could go with Richardson or Blackmon, but with their wide receivers (Little and Cribbs are the only some-what reliable receivers, and Cribbs is a returner/slot receiver), it's more likely that they'll go with Blackmon.

Overall, there's a lot more options to play with at number six than there was at number two.

I think Poe is the most unique DT that will probably be available, as long as the Bucs don't pick him. I love Fletcher (had to add his first name) Cox, but I think their are some comparable(not better) players to him in this draft that can be had much lower. Still looked very stiff, slow and non athletic at the combine, to me. DT is possibly the deepest position in this draft, but there's only one Poe, and only one Ta'amu, IMO.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

I think Poe is the most unique DT that will probably be available, as long as the Bucs don't pick him. I love Fletcher (had to add his first name) Cox, but I think their are some comparable(not better) players to him in this draft that can be had much lower. Still looked very stiff, slow and non athletic at the combine, to me. DT is possibly the deepest position in this draft, but there's only one Poe, and only one Ta'amu, IMO.

Dr, did you watch any of Poe in college?

I have heard he was ineffective in college due to a lack of technique. He just doesnt know the nuances of the position. If that's the case I think he's risky but could be a really good player for a long time.

Honestly Im a little sketched out about all three of the top DT prospects. Still(motivation), Brockers(Raw), and Poe(lack of production). I almost prefer Fletcher Cox and Ta'amu because at least you know what youre getting.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JdashSTL said:
Shouldnt Claiborne to the Bucs pretty much be a lock? It makes a ton of sense for them, and CB is a bigger need then RB for them. I also heard somone mention the Browns to give them a pair of 2 young stud corners for years to come. Eh...who knows...

That's what I thought. With Barber getting long in the tooth and all.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

Dr, did you watch any of Poe in college?

I have heard he was ineffective in college due to a lack of technique. He just doesnt know the nuances of the position. If that's the case I think he's risky but could be a really good player for a long time.

Honestly Im a little sketched out about all three of the top DT prospects. Still(motivation), Brockers(Raw), and Poe(lack of production). I almost prefer Fletcher Cox and Ta'amu because at least you know what youre getting.

I have seen very little of him, but in part his production was due to a read and react defense. He was rarely turned looses, this came from his coach. Yeah, he worries me too a little. I am not stoked on Still or Brockers at all. I see that you prefer Cox, LOL, sorry, had to do it. I'm with you on those two players, Ta'amu is the quickest player off the ball on every snap...and he's strong. I also like Thompson as a disruptor. I like Reyes, and Wolfe, and later Winn, Powell, Howard, and Sweezy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
JdashSTL said:
Shouldnt Claiborne to the Bucs pretty much be a lock? It makes a ton of sense for them, and CB is a bigger need then RB for them. I also heard somone mention the Browns to give them a pair of 2 young stud corners for years to come. Eh...who knows...

That's what I thought. With Barber getting long in the tooth and all.
Never know what they will do in free agency, but Claiborne should fall to them, if they address it in other ways, or bite on Poe, or someone else, then ....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to admit that I don't really follow other teams. Is DT a real need for Tampa?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
I have to admit that I don't really follow other teams. Is DT a real need for Tampa?

Yeah their run D was awful last year, especially up the gut. They have Gerald McCoy but he has been hurt a lot his first two years into the league and they will likely cut Haynesworth.

They need to retool a lot of positions on defense. CB, DT, LB

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
RamFan503 said:

Yeah their run D was awful last year, especially up the gut. They have Gerald McCoy but he has been hurt a lot his first two years into the league and they will likely cut Haynesworth.

They need to retool a lot of positions on defense. CB, DT, LB
And it was a premium position for them in the past.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:

The Bucs won't pick Poe. As bad as their defensive tackle position is, they still have Gerald McCoy. They have nothing at cornerback. If Claiborne is still there when the Bucs pick, they will pounce on him.

I agree about Poe and Ta'amu. In my opinion, if we don't take Poe in the first round, Ta'amu should be picked in the second. There's no other big defensive tackles with pass-rushing ability in this draft.

Still looked average to me (didn't stand out in any way), but nobody can deny that he has a very impressive game-day tape. This is a player who will show up in every game. He's safer than any of the other defensive tackles (except Thompson, but Thompson has very little pass-rushing potential).

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The Bucs also have Brian Price who played pretty damn well in spurts for them. I don't see them going DT, if McCoy stays healthy they have a real young and promising D-Line. With lots of picks and money invested into already.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
The Bucs won't pick Poe. As bad as their defensive tackle position is, they still have Gerald McCoy. They have nothing at cornerback. If Claiborne is still there when the Bucs pick, they will pounce on him.

I agree about Poe and Ta'amu. In my opinion, if we don't take Poe in the first round, Ta'amu should be picked in the second. There's no other big defensive tackles with pass-rushing ability in this draft.

Still looked average to me (didn't stand out in any way), but nobody can deny that he has a very impressive game-day tape. This is a player who will show up in every game. He's safer than any of the other defensive tackles (except Thompson, but Thompson has very little pass-rushing potential).

People around the league think the Bucs are the favorites to sign Finnegan. If they do, CB moves down the priority list. McCoy has been hurt a lot, and even when he is playing, their run D has been porous.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hey the Bucs need CB and a DE. Maybe they'll surprise everyone and take Quinton Coples.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Angry Ram said:
Hey the Bucs need CB and a DE. Maybe they'll surprise everyone and take Quinton Coples.

They also need a RB. Blount is very one dimensional, he can't pass, can't block, doesn't really understand schemes. He's not a long term answer.

They're also in prime position to be traded with for a QB needy team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

They also need a RB. Blount is very one dimensional, he can't pass, can't block, doesn't really understand schemes. He's not a long term answer.

They're also in prime position to be traded with for a QB needy team.
Blount can't pass? Well that settles it then. He IS one dimensional. :razzed:

Can't pass, can't block, what do you do?
Subtle innu-en-dos follow.... there must be something inside.
Inside.

[mp3]http://dc338.4shared.com/img/1198325088/3029d312/dlink__2Fdownload_2FYbTFAiX0_3Ftsid_3D20120310-101655-baef8880/preview.mp3[/mp3]

Sorry... I went into my own little universe there, didn't I.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:

I would be surprised if they took a DE. They took Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn last year

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You didn't just go Adam Ant on us did you? :gay: