So, now that the dust has settled from the Colt game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've kind of beat the Barron at ILB horse to death in the other thread but yeah agreed he's going to need to play better or we'll see a change, because teams will start to expose him in their gameplans.

Now Barwin....he pressured....he was out there getting close...sorta like LTP...which got him cut. IDK....I sure liked what Longacre does...and that #50...Samson...ankles kinda small tho for a guy named Samson. LOL Achilles would be better. LOLOLOL. I always thought this was Barwin's player-coach year...teach the guys how to be professional.

Barwin on the other hand was close at times. Solid but unspectacular. I admit I was hoping to see him beast out, but then again let's see what happens when AD is crushing the interior. DL isn't going to provide huge impact every game, even the high end guys.

I like Ebukam, that kid is going to get better and better IMO. I think he's got a future in this league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Olgetree missed a few too, went too high instead of ankles. Just wrap the dude up.

When I played they called it "head across the bow!" Where you tackle at the hip level with your head on the front side and wrap it up.

Ogletree is one of those guys who is extremely strong for his size, so he can get away with things at times but yeah he needs to clean up his tackling technique.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
You silly guys, one game into the season and already trying to change Wades defense from the way he likes it. Wonders never cease :)

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I liked Samson as well. He is raw, but when he gets there from a technique and discipline stand point, he is gonna feast. The physical talent is off the charts with this guy and he isn't one of those "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" guys like Coples or Vernon Gholston. I believe he has a football players mentality.

JRobinson

MiLB
I liked Samson as well. He is raw, but when he gets there from a technique and discipline stand point, he is gonna feast. The physical talent is off the charts with this guy and he isn't one of those "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" guys like Coples or Vernon Gholston. I believe he has a football players mentality.

Love that you mentioned this dude lol. Was a combine freak and he sold himself, just like Aaron Curry. Agreed on Ebukam, he's gonna improve, especially with this staff IMO.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Gurley ran alot better than his stats say. Couple of his longer runs were called back for holding .He had a few nice broke tackles and seemed to accelerate very well .Good sign !

I want to see mcvay use Tavon more, maybe screens or reverses. Need to find a way to make him fit in because as a true receiver he would be number 4 on the depth chart.

…..

Legend
I'm glad someone brought this up! I did not notice anything good or bad about Barron....

But Barwin....ugh!

I watched the game yesterday and saw Barwin flatfooted and outplayed in the early 2nd quarter so I keyed in on him alot after that.

What I saw has me worried. Dude has no moves, no chance at the bull rush. Arrived at every play a moment too late. Slow, heavy looking feet and legs.

I dont wanna be a downer and I'm not sure what the expectations are. I did not see every play he was in on....But its my gut feeling we are weak in that position.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I thought Barron had a nice pass break up on a TE. I think he should be the person matched up with Reed.

I guess Barwin was close a lot but I don't really remember, he must have the Chris Long syndrome lol.

The o line penalties and run blocking are a bigger concern to me.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
My major concern is the depth behind Tru at CB. Hatfield was playing corner as well as Robey Coleman. I wonder if they bring in Cody Davis at FS and move Joyner around or do they bring in guys like Johnson or Countess to play CB? Not very encouraging Webster seemed to get hurt on very little contact. We'll find out how durable he is good or bad real soon.