So, now that the dust has settled from the Colt game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
There were a couple of players that kinda underwhelmed me after watching and then re-watching the game.

And both were on D.

One was Barron. He seemed to disappear. Only got noticed for a flag he drew, tbh.

The other was Barwin. No impressive plays. He was just "there", you know?

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I expected to see at least a flash or two from these two guys. Seemed like everybody else on both O and D jumped out at least a time or two.

Maybe next game it might be their turn to shine? Sure hope so. We'll see...

Yeah, it's only one game, but unless each can start making an occasional "wow" play now and then, I don't like their chances for being here in '18, tbh. Both are carrying big cap hit salaries and there are so many players becoming UFA's next year...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah Barwin was pretty much invisible all game. He did his job but didn't make any splash plays.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There were a couple of players that kinda underwhelmed me after watching and then re-watching the game.

And both were on D.

One was Barron. He seemed to disappear. Only got noticed for a flag he drew, tbh.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I expected to see at least a flash or two from these two guys. Seemed like everybody else on both O and D jumped out at least a time or two.

Yeah, it's only one game, but unless each can start making an occasional "wow" play now and then, I don't like their chances for being here in '18, tbh. Both are carrying big cap hit salaries and there are so many players becoming UFA's next year...
I agree on Barron posted so today & yesterday. Barron was held out of much of TC & all of pre season for some reason not sure what it was but his game was way off Sunday.

Barwin was active but nothing special but he was close many times in getting to the QB. Barwin was voted by his teammates as a team Captain.

SS Mo Alexander continued the poor play as he had in all of pre season. Not sure what is up with him. But it's not good. He might have some push coming from John Johnson or Marqui Christian if he can't do better.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
With donald back wreaking havoc in the middle I bet Barwin and Barron start making more plays. Donald elevates everyone on the D.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A couple thoughts:
* Doing your job is fine with me... not doing it is where we run into problems.
* I have been very happy with Barron, so I'm not gonna fret too much about one game, especially the first one (I didn't
pay any attention to pre-season... did he even play? Edit: Bonifay answered my question but his post hadn't hit until I submitted... so, perhaps that's your answer for Barron)

I try to take into account a larger body of work when I form an opinion on a player. So, like I said, not too worried at this point about either of them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

You guys on Barron....did he play a SNAP at his new position? No excuses...but ILB is hard...it's different. It's nothing really like Will Linebacker...lots of bodies. But, I don't think he's a ILB...he's a SS.

Now Barwin....he pressured....he was out there getting close...sorta like LTP...which got him cut. IDK....I sure liked what Longacre does...and that #50...Samson...ankles kinda small tho for a guy named Samson. LOL Achilles would be better. LOLOLOL. I always thought this was Barwin's player-coach year...teach the guys how to be professional.

Like Boni....Mo played like shit...Missed tackles happen early in a season, but he was taking bad angles....and that's a problem.

I'm actually more worried about Webster...he played like a backup corner...no risks...no reward...and he's fragile...hurt AGAIN?!?

Ants

Starter
A couple thoughts:
* Doing your job is fine with me... not doing it is where we run into problems.
* I have been very happy with Barron, so I'm not gonna fret too much about one game, especially the first one (I didn't
pay any attention to pre-season... did he even play? Edit: Bonifay answered my question but his post hadn't hit until I submitted... so, perhaps that's your answer for Barron)

I try to take into account a larger body of work when I form an opinion on a player. So, like I said, not too worried at this point about either of them.

^ This...all of it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

And both were on D.

Well .. They Both didn't play in the pre-season, and it was week #1, So, at this point, I'll give them a pass. Until the Redskins game, then I start wondering!!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I'm wondering the same thing. Why do we have a LBer playing SS and a SS playing LB?

Beats me, but that's obviously how GW had them set. I think both their production levels would heighten once switched.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
You guys have to realize it's the first game and many of their starters didn't play a snap in pre season. Even Tree had some wiffs. I'm not gonna freak out. If you watched other games tackling was an issue, it was mostly bad angles

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

And both were on D.

Now that I have more time to reply to your post.....

So I noticed the same things you did after rewatching the game. Both Tree and Barron seemed out of position on multiple plays. Even missing tackles and taking bad angles. There was one in particular when Tree tried to tackle Gore that should have been an easy tackle and he basically shrugged him off like an old girlfriend. Mo-Ax looked out of sync as well, he whiffed big time on two plays i can remember where he had the defender pinned down.

What really troubled me is the penalties, (the spirit of jeff fisher live on!) on the one series. I think all of the olinemen had some sort of presnap penalty except big Wit. Either way they settled down and played a pretty good game.

I wouldn't read too much into other players flashing or not flashing. It's the first game of the year, and every team I watched this past weekend had the exact same problems we had. If I know Mcvay he'll have it fixed by next game.

fearsomefour

Legend

And both were on D.

I do remember Barwin missing a tackle early.
But, a big part of having a good D is guys playing their responsibility and not trying to be one man wrecking crews.
If the guys play their role, fill their gaps etc the D will be good.

fearsomefour

Legend
You guys have to realize it's the first game and many of their starters didn't play a snap in pre season. Even Tree had some wiffs. I'm not gonna freak out. If you watched other games tackling was an issue, it was mostly bad angles
Saw this a whole bunch in nearly every game I watched....a lot of bad tackling.
To be expected early in the season I guess.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

And both were on D.

Do cut our D guys a little slack - they aren't going to be on the field as much this year and thus their opportunities to make plays will also be cut back. Our D barely had 25 minutes on the field Sunday, which is about 10 minutes less than we are used to around these parts. Such is life when you have a competent offense ....

:LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do we have a LBer playing SS and a SS playing LB?

I believe Mo was a linebacker in college, but he is too small to play LB in the pros. In fact... I believe he was played Free Safety last year! Barron was always a Strong Safety, until Fish decided to make him a "hybrid" linebacker. I agree though... Barron is too small to be playing inside. JMHO, of course.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Olgetree missed a few too, went too high instead of ankles. Just wrap the dude up. I think it was Gore, Doyle and Marlin the rook RB. However, I'm absolutely nitpicking. We cleaned that shit up quick!