So, Mueller finds no evidence . . .

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
and they interviewed all 188 female employees who "denied" sayingthe NFL received the video . . . well, case closed. And the AP won't help. Burn the tapes. Nothing to see here.

We know the Pats didn't record the Rams walk-through because they denied it. Fine, fair enough. Burn the tapes.

(links are embeded in titles)

Mueller Report finds “no evidence” NFL received or saw Rice video before its release

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 8, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
ray-rice.jpg
AP
The independent report commissioned by the NFL in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal has found the league did not see or possess the infamous video of Rice striking his then-fiancee before its widespread release in September.

Moreover, the Mueller Report, which was overseen by former FBI director Robert S. Mueller III, claims its investigation “found no evidence” someone at the league office had confirmed receiving the video, as The Associated Press had reported.

Wrote Mueller: “(Despite) extensive investigation, we have found no evidence that anyone at the League received or viewed the in-elevator video prior to its public release. Likewise, we have found no evidence of a woman at the League acknowledging receipt of that video in a voicemail message left on April 9, 2014.”

Check back at PFT throughout for the rest of the day for more analysis of this story.

Mueller investigation’s search for “female voice” in AP story turns up empty

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 8, 2015, 3:09 PM EST
1d89836adc498088bd3de4b3224d86bb-e1398704106516.jpeg
Getty Images
In The Associated Press’ September story claimingsomeone from the league office had called an unnamed law enforcement official on April 9 to confirm the league had received video of ex-Ravens tailback Ray Rice hitting his now-wife, a “female voice” was purported to say of the video: “You’re right. It’s terrible.”

In its findings released Thursday, the Mueller Report claims it interviewed “every female employee, contractor, vendor, or intern whose electronic badge recorded that she was in the League’s main office on April 9″ but found that every woman — 188 in total — “denied” calling the AP’s source and leaving the voicemail message allegedly played for the news organization.

Moreover, all 188 interviewed denied “even hearing a rumor that an in-elevator video of the Rice incident had been received,” per the report.

The report, in its investigative findings, said it discovered “no evidence that such a call was made” from the league office.

According to the report, The Associated Press declined to assist the Mueller investigation.

Wrote Mueller: “(We) were unable to obtain from the Associated Press information that would have helped identify a female caller who reportedly left a voicemail acknowledging receipt of the in-elevator video.

“We respect that the news media has a longstanding and well-founded policy of protecting the confidentiality of its sources, and we did not expect the Associated Press to identify its source.

“We did, however, ask for the phone number of the law-enforcement source’s disposable cellphone and access to the voicemail message reportedly left by the female caller. The Associated Press declined.

“We also offered the Associated Press an opportunity to search our telephone data for any portion of the source’s disposable cellphone number. The Associated Press declined that offer as well.”

In a story published by the wire service Friday, AP executive editor Kathleen Carroll said the news organization had “reviewed the report and stand by our original reporting.”

Carroll also confirmed the AP had declined to provide “source material.”

Said Carroll, per the AP: “Everything that we report and confirm goes into our stories. We do not offer up reporters’ notes and sources.”

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This shouldn't be a shock, the "voice" was considered a fraud or fake by a lot of people from the start.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This shouldn't be a shock, the "voice" was considered a fraud or fake by a lot of people from the start.
I didn't know that, but will look into it more now, but if there was someone why would they admit it and get their employer in deeper doo-doo?

Athos

Legend
Fake call or not, what have you, Goodell set a precedent for burning evidence with Spygate.

I don't trust a thing from that filthy POS dirty whore mouth.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancée to an NFL executive five months ago, while league executives have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week.

The official played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11503851/ray-rice-videotape-sent-nfl-executive-april

“We are not aware of anyone in our office who possessed or saw the video before it was made public on Monday. We will look into it.”- NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy

I do know this: in 1998 I was shooting the Champion Throwback Bowl at the Super Bowl, it was a flag football game for old timers (here is my shot from the 1997 game in New Orleans I uploaded to wiki
180px-Jackyoungbloodthroback.jpg

Anyway, in 1998 the NFL's photographer didn't show up or got lost or something, so McCarthy asks if he can buy some of my slides (we were not digital back then) because the sponsor, Champion, wanted some shots for the game.

I said sure, when did he want them, he said after the Super Bowl, so, like a dummy, I Fed Ex him the slides and he was supposed to pick out the ones he wanted to buy, send a check and return the ones he didn't want to use. So, after a week makes a call, no response. Two weeks, three weeks . . . sometime in early April I get him on the phone, says he remembers talking to me, but did not remember the details or the deal and had not received the Fed Ex and didn't know where my slides were. Sorry, Click.

Athos

Legend
lol.

And that's a lesson on getting something in writing, even if it's on a cheap diner napkin.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
lol.

And that's a lesson on getting something in writing, even if it's on a cheap diner napkin.

Yep. I was young and dumb. Excited that an NFL guy gave me his card and wanted my work (that's how he couldn't deny talking to me, I called his extension from the card) plus, I knew who he was. Never dreamed he'd just . . .well, cannot say lie, the NSA clearly moniters this site and would contact him and he'd sue me . . . so I will say, he misremembered.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
and they interviewed all 188 female employees who "denied" sayingthe NFL received the video . . . well, case closed. And the AP won't help. Burn the tapes. Nothing to see here.

We know the Pats didn't record the Rams walk-through because they denied it. Fine, fair enough. Burn the tapes.

(links are embeded in titles)

Mueller Report finds “no evidence” NFL received or saw Rice video before its release

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 8, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
ray-rice.jpg
AP
The independent report commissioned by the NFL in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal has found the league did not see or possess the infamous video of Rice striking his then-fiancee before its widespread release in September.

Moreover, the Mueller Report, which was overseen by former FBI director Robert S. Mueller III, claims its investigation “found no evidence” someone at the league office had confirmed receiving the video, as The Associated Press had reported.

Wrote Mueller: “(Despite) extensive investigation, we have found no evidence that anyone at the League received or viewed the in-elevator video prior to its public release. Likewise, we have found no evidence of a woman at the League acknowledging receipt of that video in a voicemail message left on April 9, 2014.”

Check back at PFT throughout for the rest of the day for more analysis of this story.

Mueller investigation’s search for “female voice” in AP story turns up empty

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 8, 2015, 3:09 PM EST
1d89836adc498088bd3de4b3224d86bb-e1398704106516.jpeg
Getty Images
In The Associated Press’ September story claimingsomeone from the league office had called an unnamed law enforcement official on April 9 to confirm the league had received video of ex-Ravens tailback Ray Rice hitting his now-wife, a “female voice” was purported to say of the video: “You’re right. It’s terrible.”

In its findings released Thursday, the Mueller Report claims it interviewed “every female employee, contractor, vendor, or intern whose electronic badge recorded that she was in the League’s main office on April 9″ but found that every woman — 188 in total — “denied” calling the AP’s source and leaving the voicemail message allegedly played for the news organization.

Moreover, all 188 interviewed denied “even hearing a rumor that an in-elevator video of the Rice incident had been received,” per the report.

The report, in its investigative findings, said it discovered “no evidence that such a call was made” from the league office.

According to the report, The Associated Press declined to assist the Mueller investigation.

Wrote Mueller: “(We) were unable to obtain from the Associated Press information that would have helped identify a female caller who reportedly left a voicemail acknowledging receipt of the in-elevator video.

“We respect that the news media has a longstanding and well-founded policy of protecting the confidentiality of its sources, and we did not expect the Associated Press to identify its source.

“We did, however, ask for the phone number of the law-enforcement source’s disposable cellphone and access to the voicemail message reportedly left by the female caller. The Associated Press declined.

“We also offered the Associated Press an opportunity to search our telephone data for any portion of the source’s disposable cellphone number. The Associated Press declined that offer as well.”

In a story published by the wire service Friday, AP executive editor Kathleen Carroll said the news organization had “reviewed the report and stand by our original reporting.”

Carroll also confirmed the AP had declined to provide “source material.”

Said Carroll, per the AP: “Everything that we report and confirm goes into our stories. We do not offer up reporters’ notes and sources.”

Yep, nothing to see here....move along.........

Say it ain't so........shocking they "found no evidence."

giphy.gif