So many weapons! What to do with Austin?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We dont know why Tavon wasnt there to greet the new QB. You assume that it was an example of a lack of commitment or a personal slight or something. Unless you know more about that situation than I do, I think its a bit of a stretch....

It wasn't him "greeting" the new QB. It was the new QB calling a practice as the new leader of the offense and every stinking WR not showing up. That WR room was rotten to the core.

I am making zero assumptions there. It's a fact he was our highest paid wideout last year as well as a veteran in that room. So when you ask for examples of why anyone would question anything other than his hands or route running or they should "gtfo" I simply gave you an example.

But I also think I've gone on enough about this topic. I don't hate the dude, but I have serious doubts across the board about him and think he's a non-fit for this offense, plain and simple. And yes, we disagree, no probs.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
And that's a fair take.

For me though, this is a guy who has been given the benefit of the doubt but has had enough time in this league to develop. He's a guy who always had rumors around him learning/picking up the offensive schemes. He's a guy who was supposed to be a leader but failed to demonstrate that leadership (along with Britt) by not showing up on an off day with the new QB who wanted help to ensure he was ready when he got the job. He's a guy with poor hands that McVay isn't going to be able to fix. And he's a crappy route runner who even though he's been paid has yet to demonstrate by example that he can step up.

As I've mentioned before if they don't move him it's because they can't find a trade partner. IMO.

Yep. That pretty much covers it, Merlin. Lol.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It wasn't him "greeting" the new QB. It was the new QB calling a practice as the new leader of the offense and every stinking WR not showing up. That WR room was rotten to the core.

I am making zero assumptions there. It's a fact he was our highest paid wideout last year as well as a veteran in that room. So when you ask for examples of why anyone would question anything other than his hands or route running or they should "gtfo" I simply gave you an example.

But I also think I've gone on enough about this topic. I don't hate the dude, but I have serious doubts across the board about him and think he's a non-fit for this offense, plain and simple. And yes, we disagree, no probs.

All good man.

Just so you and @BonifayRam and anyone else knows, when I said "gtfoh", it was a figure of speech. Ya know, like "get outta here"?? I guess I should have used "hogwash" or something like that. I forget that tone and accent cant be read... but I meant no offense or to suggest that a different opinion isnt welcome "here".

I have been here long enough that I would hope both of you would know that I'm not that big of an asshat. I am passionate and dont mind a debate, but I would never actually tell someone to get the fuck out.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
After having gone through what we have with this offense over the last several years I feel like I want to hoard every single weapon we have. I always pictured Austin as az akeem (sorry bout the spelling) type in this type of offense Watkins playing the part of holt woods the part of Bruce and Kupp a faster Ricky Proehel with that being said quarterback and running back wise it's a different situation but a lot of people fail to mention Reynolds what to do with him that guy seems like a beast and he needs reps as well he needs to play. Again I want to hoard every asset especially offensive asset because we have been starved for so long but Reynolds needs to play as well or his development is hurt so what to do???? Austins contract after this year for all he does and can do is not bad so who goes???? It's literally impossible to figure out ....colts game aside we actually have weapons but now what???? Good problem to have I just don't want to hurt the young kids. Anyone know what cap hit would have if the Rams cut woods next year? I'm definitely not saying I want to but just asking.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Was that incident ever confirmed by an actual source, or was it just a Bleacher Report article? I agree with you that the WR room was rotten last year, you could sense it -- and the Britt v. Tavon social media garbage during the offseason pretty much confirmed it. So if the workout thing is indeed true, maybe there's another reason why Tavon didn't want to meet on an offday workout -- namely the WRs couldn't stand each other -- and it had nothing to do with Goff?

But your point about being a team leader is well taken, maybe Austin should have put that aside for the good of the team and the rookie Goff. But maybe easier said when we're not the ones in the locker room having to deal with that overall toxic situation last season, or Britt who seems like a pretty major piece of.. something..?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
It doesn't matter how much you like TA, his production and cost prohibit him from remaining a Ram