So many reasons for optimism, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Some are so obvious, others less so but very real, nonetheless.

Step into my time machine with me, please. Last year at this same time there was a feeling of cautious optimism, but this year we now also have a heavy dose of genuine well earned confidence, too.

So many questions have been answered in the past 12 months...

New HC? THAT issue has been answered.

Can Goff play in this league? Oh, yeah!

Was Gurley a one year flash in the pan? Umm, OPOY, baby.

Can Kromer whip this pos OL into something remotely competent without a single draft pick brought in? Definitely.

Is this, “We, not me” thing merely a bumper sticker slogan by a young HC? Nope, there’s been a true culture change, y’all, and it seems to run deep.

Did the Rams overpay out of desperation for this Woods guy and will he ever be able to replace Britt? No problem.

Will the Rams be able to have a successful draft without their 1st? I think that that question has been answered with a resounding “Yes”!

Is Wade still a quality DC and can he flip to his 3-4 D in one offseason with few D picks and no big incoming FA’s? Well, moving Brockers and Joyner should show us his genius, don’t you think?

Which brings us to the present day.

We’ve already had an amazing offseason with the additions of Peters, Talib, Suh, Cooks, and Shields. “Holes” have been replaced with better players than were lost.

Our “draft” is off to a helluva start with Cooks in the 1st and Peters in the 2nd. Not too bad, huh?

Speaking of our draft that some worry about since we don’t pick until #87 in the 3rd? Well, I’ve got 2 things to point out about that. First, we have few remaining holes this year, certainly compared to the perception last year. Second, this S&M duo has proven quite adept at finding gems in the 3rd round or later. Last year they got Kupp and JJ in the 3rd, for example.

These coaches see talent and team fit like few others, IMO. Reynolds in the 4th might yet prove to be a good one, even though he had few snaps in his rookie year. Playing behind Watkins, Woods, and Kupp could do that to many a rookie WR, don’t you think? Lol.

Anyway...

We all have legit reasons for optimism and confidence with this roster and coaching staff. They’ve earned at least that much.

Nobody should be giddy just yet, but all should be anticipating opening day with the excitement of a teenager that just got his drivers license. Lol.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Extremely well thought out way of articulating how most Rams.

What I say comparatively to other teams the Rams are most likely in one of the two best positions overall in terms of holes to fill. Not to mention I honestly believe top to bottom the most talented roster in the NFL.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
43, you just don't see things as "glass half full". Your cup runeth over.:pillowfight:

Ram65

Legend
Always a good read.

Yes they have with mostly positive answers.

This years big question for me is...

How good/great can this Rams defense be in 2018?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Some are so obvious, others less so but very real, nonetheless.

Step into my time machine with me, please. Last year at this same time there was a feeling of cautious optimism, but this year we now also have a heavy dose of genuine well earned confidence, too.

New HC? THAT issue has been answered.

Can Goff play in this league? Oh, yeah!

Was Gurley a one year flash in the pan? Umm, OPOY, baby.

Can Kromer whip this pos OL into something remotely competent without a single draft pick brought in? Definitely.

Is this, “We, not me” thing merely a bumper sticker slogan by a young HC? Nope, there’s been a true culture change, y’all, and it seems to run deep.

Did the Rams overpay out of desperation for this Woods guy and will he ever be able to replace Britt? No problem.

Will the Rams be able to have a successful draft without their 1st? I think that that question has been answered with a resounding “Yes”!

Is Wade still a quality DC and can he flip to his 3-4 D in one offseason with few D picks and no big incoming FA’s? Well, moving Brockers and Joyner should show us his genius, don’t you think?

Which brings us to the present day.

We’ve already had an amazing offseason with the additions of Peters, Talib, Suh, Cooks, and Shields. “Holes” have been replaced with better players than were lost.

Our “draft” is off to a helluva start with Cooks in the 1st and Peters in the 2nd. Not too bad, huh?

Speaking of our draft that some worry about since we don’t pick until #87 in the 3rd? Well, I’ve got 2 things to point out about that. First, we have few remaining holes this year, certainly compared to the perception last year. Second, this S&M duo has proven quite adept at finding gems in the 3rd round or later. Last year they got Kupp and JJ in the 3rd, for example.

These coaches see talent and team fit like few others, IMO. Reynolds in the 4th might yet prove to be a good one, even though he had few snaps in his rookie year. Playing behind Watkins, Woods, and Kupp could do that to many a rookie WR, don’t you think? Lol.

Anyway...

We all have legit reasons for optimism and confidence with this roster and coaching staff. They’ve earned at least that much.

Nobody should be giddy just yet, but all should be anticipating opening day with the excitement of a teenager that just got his drivers license. Lol.
When I seen the title of this thread, I thought you were questioning having optimism. So as I'm reading along I'm expecting you at any moment to try and smash our wild expectations.

But now I see now you are one very wise soul. Thank you for concurring with rest of us extremely bright people.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Enjoyable read. Feels good right now.

Time to go to work soon!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
43, you just don't see things as "glass half full". Your cup runeth over.:pillowfight:

Yeah, I do tend to err on the side of optimism, bubba.

Can’t wait to read those outstanding camp reports of yours this summer, btw.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Rams43, seems like McVay and Phillips are ok coaches, but what are their 40 times! ~ LACHAMP46

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great post and I agree.

I just wish our "1st and 2nd" round picks came with rookie contracts... but yeah, its a freaking awesome time to be a Rams Fan