So many areas this team can still get better

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Thrilled with the 3-1 start, but when you look at this team you can easily state that if they stay relatively healthy, they can get so much better.

Wade's D

Defense has a ton of room to get better and while they may have a few square pegs that they are trying to fit into round holes in the new 3-4, there is plenty of physical talent to get this to a top 12-15 defense.

The Role of the TE Expanding

Everett has shown flashes, but slowed the last two weeks by injury so not a lot of impact recently. Then Higbee stepped up yesterday. If these two get it going together it really opens up Watkins, Kupp, & Woods, not to mention Gurely.

Goff Gaining More Experience

Just an obvious observation that the more he plays the more comfortable he will be in this offense and the better he should get even as they start facing some better defenses. This should get Watkins more involved as well.

The OL Gelling

Again, the more Brown and Havenstein play together as well as Saffold and Whitworth, these tandoms should be more effective.

Again the qualifier is they have to stay healthy, but the pieces are in place, the coaching seems up to the task, and while I am sure there will be some bumps in the road for Goff and McVay, they have shown that this is not the SOSAR's!!

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heck, I forgot to even mention Austin. They seem to finally be getting him more involved and not just to keep teams honest.

I would expect to see a few more wrinkles with him and yet they have so many weapons that it still might be hard to find time to do.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That's what excites me about this team. They really haven't played a complete game in all 3 phases yet, and still they are 3-1, leading the league in scoring and close to the top in total offense. Can you imagine how good this team can be when offense, defense, and special teams all click in the same game?

TexasRam

Legend
I can see Reynolds emerging as a dynamic go to option Possibly.

I think Goff is playing at a tremendously high level. His only challenge now is to stay at this pace vs the better defense he is about to face.

But some of Goff's throws in the Cowboys game were some serious big boy throws. Such as the long third down to Woods or the throw to Gurley on the money for the TD.

Perhaps Goff's most underrated quality is his pocket feel and quick feet to avoid sack. Not a lot of people talking about it but he is feeing rush and quickly maneuvering around.

I saw his WRs held in the first half constantly uncalled. We could of easily put up 50 on Dallas.

The defense can and Has to improve. S some defensive based team coming up we should see a drop off in offense and pickup on defense.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Just think they left 28 points on the field Sunday at the cowgirl. If they get 3 TDs and 4 FGs on those 7 drives that ended with FGs they drop a 50 burger. The Rams could have sealed the game early, with just a little more consistency on O.

This team is gonna be fun to watch as they grow together

nimite

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the defense can improve, we'll be monstrous.
But in all case, 30-30 games are always more fun to watch than 6-6.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offense:
I don't see how they can get too much better.
Goff is playing at a very high level
So is Gurley
So is that line
So are the receivers
Maybe tight ends?
But it's be hard to improve productivity by a lot... aren't they the highest scoring offense?

Now... that defense?.. lots of room for improvement.
My biggest concern is that we don't have the physical specimens to carry out the 3-4 effectively.
Remember the old Wendy's commercial? "Where's the Beef?"

Special teams has been a bit inconsistent but I believe Fassel will get that straightened out. They certainly played well Sunday!

It's the defense to me... and I'm not sure it will get fixed this year.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
If the Rams get a brawler monster ILB and maybe a big fireplug of a NT it will really help them on D. Offensively maybe try to find a developmental tackle or two for depth.