So... Just how well did S&F do in this draft, anyway?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Different fans judge a draft in different ways, I suppose.

Number of starters?
Number of picks that make the 53?
Number of future Pro Bowlers? (This method takes some time, of course)
Or maybe percentages for the above categories?

This is MY take after a whopping 6 days after a draft that began with only 5 picks, total.

Starters look like this to me:

Goff (Duh)
Higbee (Probably by opening day)
Cooper. Looks like 50-50. I think he's gonna be #3 WR behind Britt and Austin. A semi starter depending on sets.
Thomas. Another 50-50. I'm thinking he plays ahead of Quick. Another semi starter depending on sets.

That's 2 certain starters and 2 more semi starters. That's a good haul in a normal draft with picks in all 7 rounds, y'all.

Number of picks that make the 53:

All but Forrest, and he might make it as a ST player. That's a minimum of 84% that make the roster. Outstanding percentage.

Future potential Pro Bowlers:

Goff definitely looks like he might have a shot.
Higbee could be in that conversation one day as a "potential", I think.

Considering they started with the #1 overall and two 4ths plus two 6ths, I have to call that an amazing draft. Might be Snead's best, even.

And let's don't overlook the UDFA class. I see maybe 3, or more of them making the 53, as well. I'm high on Randolph and North, in particular. Maybe a kicker, too.

Or did I go wrong somewhere?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I wouldn't count out Forrest to make the team. We are rediculously thin at LB. I think he has as good a shot as Hemingway does.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Maybe it's just hope and rose-colored glasses, but I have a very good feeling about Higbee, Thomas and Cooper. In the long run, I could see all three of them being a major part of this offense. And obviously, I think Goff is going to be great. So if what I hope happens, this draft will really cement the legacy of Snead and Fisher.

I think Forrest has a good shot at making the team given our thinness at LB, and I would think he could provide some ST value. Hemmingway might be a practice squad guy initially, unless he shows some ST ability too. He is a good athlete though, and could be something with some development.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'll have a better feeling about Higbee if he's not in jail at the start of the season...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll have a better feeling about Higbee if he's not in jail at the start of the season...
Have to agree with this. As a player, I think he has pretty high potential. He's going to have to win his case and stay out of trouble though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 or 5 UDFA's make the Team! We picked up some really talented players, who could have been drafted, except for the depth at other positions!
I like WR's McRoberts and North. CB's Jordan, and Rose. Also Safeties Lomax and Randolph. And I'm interested in seeing Junior Seau's nephew Ian!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm just not worried about the Higbee bar incident.

I think he's learned his lesson. And I also think we've lucked into a big O weapon that fell into our laps.

Goff and Higbee are gonna terrorize D's for the next 10 years, fellas.