So is there a chance Barron gets moved?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will Rams trade Barron?

• Yes

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 83.9%

• Total voters

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well, that didn't 'manifest' in Tampa Bay, although he is a different player today.

Different circumstances there in TB. What's ironic is Barron was like the AD in TB, even though the D was atrocious overall he still carried his own. My nephews and bro n law are TB fans and were furious they lost Barron to us.

Mo might be better where Barron is now, but Barron should definitely be in the Safety position.

Last edited:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I like Barron also.....can he be an effective run blocker as a 3-4 ILB ? .

I seriously hope he isn't a Run Blocker as a 3-4 ILB..... Maybe a Run Stopper... but if he's blocking, he's seriously a problem.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

In your scenario, I would most definitely have Barron at SS. I also agree that Forrest and/or Hager should be suitable ILB'ers in Wade's system. jmo.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Your right. He is small for any LB position. Where does Buchanan play, #20, for the Cardinals? Inside or outside? I thought he was outside.

He plays Inside at 211 pounds. But he's a 4.4 FS playing a LB role. I guess I need to watch some Arizona games to see how they utilize him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He plays Inside at 211 pounds. But he's a 4.4 FS playing a LB role. I guess I need to watch some Arizona games to see how they utilize him.

Like Barron & Ogletree, Buchanan is much better in coverage than as a run defender, and Dansby is returning as the thumper.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think he stays but I just can't see him at ILB could he play every down at OLB? I'd rather draft someone to fill the ILB role and move him to SS. He could still cover TEs and be a strong run support guy from there and we can have a young stud to help AO in the middle of the field.

Elijah Lee*, ILB, Kansas State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2017): 3-5.

I don't know whether he stays or is traded, I do feel Barron can play ILB just fine, but i'd prefer him behind Ogletree in reserve rather than next to him as a starter. Their skill set is similarly good in coverage. Obviously we aren't going to waste Barron's skills sitting on a bench, so I'd have him back at SS with perhaps Forrest or another ILB next to Ogletree, someone better suited to run defense. If not, someone working a rotational role substituting in on obvious rushing downs. As for acquiring another ILB in free agency or the draft at this particular time, i'd wait a season as I think we have all the ILB'ers necessary to carry us thru 2017. It's the OLB's i'd prefer to add to as Quinn is the only one we currently have.
My original statement although, related to a structural imbalance in our CAP expenditures, as tying up over $19.mil for two starting ILB'ers takes away from other areas of the roster where larger problems exist. jmo.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Geez, I hope not....

Barron is the type of player we need to not only keep, but be sure others try and copy.

And the guy is a safety....I guess we won't be happy until he blows out a shoulder then everyone will wonder what was he doing always taking on blocks.:thinking:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Barron fits in the TJ Ward spot VERY well. He's a demon on the blitz, flows well to the ball on the outside and is an unafraid tackler. At 213#, tho, he's a bit undersized to go head on with an OG that's 100# heavier.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He was a better prospect overall. He also has instinct, because he played WR, RB, LB. He can be a FS. Why? because under Wades defense Darian Stewart became a pro bowl FS in Denver. Barron is capable.

Darian Stewart here was less than pedestrian. In Wade's D? Pro Bowler.

I can see Barron being the TJ Ward. I have a harder time seeing him at the ILB spot. He's NOT going to be an OLB in this D. That's going to rush OLBs like Quinn. Huge difference.