So, I got in a wreck today...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sucks!

I am passing through an intersection on a green light and an older driver (opposite direction) takes a left turn right into oncoming traffic (me).

Total t-bone job.

Totally his fault in the police report.

Still... I'm without my car and definitely in need of a front end rebuild. Feeling pissed at the impact to my cars long term health.

Never been in an accident before.

What's sad is; I was so pissed at the driver the health of his passenger didn't cross my mind immediately. I find this initial reaction a bit disappointing of myself.

Thankfully his passenger was okay.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: So, I got in a wreck today...

CGI_Ram said:
Sucks!

I am passing through an intersection on a green light and an older driver (opposite direction) takes a left turn right into oncoming traffic (me).

Total t-bone job.

Still... I'm without my car and definitely in need of a front end rebuild. Feeling pissed at the impact to my cars long term health.

What's sad is; I was so pissed at the driver the health of his passenger didn't cross my mind immediately. I find this initial reaction a bit disappointing of myself.

Glad your alright man. And - hey - that shit can fog your head at the time. Don't stress it too much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Dang. It's the curse of the ROD.

I got T-boned right before the Miami game and had my hand/back all jacked up along w/my car.
Glad you're alright though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
Sucks!

Total t-bone job.

Glad your alright man. And - hey - that shyte can fog your head at the time. Don't stress it too much.

Thanks. Yeah, I guess that's why I posted this up. What's important is everyone was okay.

I mean it wasn't a major accident, but the passenger was 70+ and I hit them square in the passenger door at in town speed.

Just disappointed in myself to first think of the car instead of her. I find that "weird" right now.

But again all is good.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

X said:
Dang. It's the curse of the ROD.

I got T-boned right before the Miami game and had my hand/back all jacked up along w/my car.
Glad you're alright though.

The curse of ROD... :lol:

bluecoconuts

Legend

Last time I got hit was driving home at 2AM, some guy wasn't paying attention and drifted right into my lane and side swiped me in his BMW. Totaled his car, mine wasn't too bad though, insurance paid for it. I was pretty pissed, but when they got out of the car the girl was obviously drunk.. The guy said he wasn't paying attention and she said her mouth hurt. So I'm going to assume he had a good reason for not being totally alert.

And the rental car I got was pretty nice.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

bluecoconuts said:
Last time I got hit was driving home at 2AM, some guy wasn't paying attention and drifted right into my lane and side swiped me in his BMW. Totaled his car, mine wasn't too bad though, insurance paid for it. I was pretty pissed, but when they got out of the car the girl was obviously drunk.. The guy said he wasn't paying attention and she said her mouth hurt. So I'm going to assume he had a good reason for not being totally alert.

And the rental car I got was pretty nice.
:hehe: That's a good story.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Glad to hear you're okay.

I find that accidents always freak me out for a few days or so, and then everything is okay. It's easy not to accurately assess the situation right after the accident happens, 'cause there's just so much that's going on in ones mind. Insurance agencies have got the whole thing down to a fine art now and I'm sure you'll be well taken care of while you sort everything out. Just make sure you get thoroughly checked-out by a doc asap to ensure you didn't tweak anything.

…..

Legend

Maybe in some subconcious realm, your minds eye saw that the impact was not bad enough to cause physical harm, and in hindsight, your memory doesnt recognize the nano second where you thought about the others because your car's welfare became dominant.

:?!:

ahem....er....I guess your concious is bothering you, but the fact that you acknowledge it means that you arent a TOTAL dick. :mrgreen:

anyway....glad you are o.k. :lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It happens, CGI. I wouldn't feel too much guilt about it. Nothing you can do about it. Split second reaction.

You caring now says more about you then your thoughts in the heat of the moment. Glad you're ok.

Vault 82

Rookie

Glad you're okay CG. Just goes to show, no matter how careful you are, you can never know about the other person.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Thanks for the kind words guys!

All is good. The passenger is still okay (as it turns out I know her son in law).

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

CGI_Ram said:

All is good. The passenger is still okay (as it turns out I know her son in law).
Glad you're doing OK. Have you gotten your car situation straightened out?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

brokeu91 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Glad you're doing OK. Have you gotten your car situation straightened out?

I am in a rental. I knew it from the beginning, but it's officially been declared I'm not at fault and all is covered by the "other guy".

For now, my Forrester is in the shop awaiting repair. They are busy right now and it could be a week or so. Lots of cars to repair during the winter wrecking season... LOL

ZGare

UDFA

I'm into anti-collision technology. I wrote this piece for the STLToday.com & West County Journal last year and have been maintaining a facebook blog ever since.

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-jo...cle_23964c23-cf1c-5cc9-b1a2-c549ed5924eb.html

http://www.facebook.com/dance2022

In just a few years, cars will have vehicle-to-vehicle wifi communication and this kind of wreck will be a thing your grandchildren will marvel ever happened. The US DOT has installed this in 3000 cars in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and is about to issue a report on the results.

When you search on "Left Turn Assistant" on youtube, you get this cool video that uses the same car wifi (802.11p) technology:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WPGx-y-BmM[/youtube]

I intend to buy a 2014 Forester when they come out in a few weeks with Eyesight. Eyesight has last resort (pre-collision) braking for things it sees right in front of the car, and uses the same cameras for adaptive cruise control with braking. It is not as good as vehicle-to-vehicle communication and would not have helped you yet, but it is another step in that direction. My 16-year-old daughter just got her license and I want a car I can tell her to drive at night or in bad weather. (The rest of the time she gets my 2003 Jeep Liberty, sorry.)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

ZGare said:
I'm into anti-collision technology. I wrote this piece for the STLToday.com & West County Journal last year and have been maintaining a facebook blog ever since.

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-jo...cle_23964c23-cf1c-5cc9-b1a2-c549ed5924eb.html

http://www.facebook.com/dance2022

In just a few years, cars will have vehicle-to-vehicle wifi communication and this kind of wreck will be a thing your grandchildren will marvel ever happened. The US DOT has installed this in 3000 cars in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and is about to issue a report on the results.

When you search on "Left Turn Assistant" on youtube, you get this cool video that uses the same car wifi (802.11p) technology:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WPGx-y-BmM[/youtube]

I intend to buy a 2014 Forester when they come out in a few weeks with Eyesight. Eyesight has last resort (pre-collision) braking for things it sees right in front of the car, and uses the same cameras for adaptive cruise control with braking. It is not as good as vehicle-to-vehicle communication and would not have helped you yet, but it is another step in that direction. My 16-year-old daughter just got her license and I want a car I can tell her to drive at night or in bad weather. (The rest of the time she gets my 2003 Jeep Liberty, sorry.)
Wow, that's awesome! You had to figure that eventually someone would come up with that kind of technology and then manufacture it. I mean, with all the goofy shit we tend to come up with to appease our insatiable need for technology, you'd think that life safety would be at the forefront. Instead, we're all clamoring for the updated version of Angry Birds or some shit.

Now all we need is for Spacely Sprockets to manufacture a car that needs no roads. :yeh: