1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So glad we didn't draft Manziel

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by FRO, Jun 27, 2014.

1. CodeMonkey Likes You

The thing is tho that it's Him/His Posse that gets this stuff out there in the first place on social media. He's bringing it on himself. I dont really care what he does but you cant fault the media here for picking up on this stuff. Someone mentioned "keeping it on the DL" earlier in the thread. JFF clearly doesn't get that concept or it's merits.

2. Ken Member

He's just being himself. This is who he is. If he succeeds he'll be the biggest name in the NFL, by a long shot. Who knows if he'll make it? His success or failure won't have an affect on my life. But I plan to enjoy myself watching him play on Sundays, whether he's making WOW plays or getting crushed.

flv and FRO like this.
  3. blue4 Well-Known Member

This is surprisingly mild mannered and reasoned. Are you aware, sir, that you are on the internet?

4. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

It all comes across as being unprofessional IMO. He isn't taking his job or position as the future leader of the team seriously. I don't care if it is his day off/vacation time. If the CEO of our local hospital was caught doing some of what Manziel is doing, the board would ask for his resignation.

I am glad that my sons are not Manziel fans too. He is definitely not hero material.

Mojo Ram likes this.
  5. LACHAMP46 Well-Known Member

The last QB I heard of, similar to this, was Matt Leinert.....So, beware Johnny, beware of what you wish for...

blue4, Elmgrovegnome and CodeMonkey like this.
  6. CodeMonkey Likes You

I had practically forgotten about Leinart.

7. flv 

I like what the Browns did in the 1st round. In their shoes I wouldn't want a Draft redo. Enjoy yourself Mr. Manziel. Good or bad, win or lose, you probably won't be able to do this next year.

CodeMonkey likes this.
  8. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

9. CodeMonkey Likes You

You know, I will be the first to admit that when he fell to us at our second first round pick I would've led the parade at the pick at the time. Watching him on Gruden's football camp and in his college career he clearly has skills. I wish him and the Browns the best. I really do. From a sheer football lovers perspective, I'm hoping to see years of Johnny football. I hope he goes more down in the vein of Joe Namath than Matt Leinart. That said, I'm certainly glad though, as to the op, that we drafted Aaron Donald instead.

AZfan93 likes this.
  10. AZRamsFan93 Active Member

I can't argue one bit with what we did in the draft. I am really excited about Donald.

That said, I think Manziel is going to be really good. I don't care about his social media presence. I want to see him on the field.

11. flv 

There's no way i'd have taken him at #13 with Donald available for the Rams but from the Browns perspective i'd have been disappointed if they didn't take a chance on him later in the 1st round. Obviously he has issues but he has a better chance of succeeding than some of the more mechanically flawed QBs that have been selected in previous years. I hope he brings playoff football to the Browns. He should be fun to watch.

CodeMonkey likes this.
  12. Amitar Member

I would not dismiss him so easily. If he stays on the bench for a couple years, works hard, and learns what it takes to be an NFL QB he could be pretty good.

13. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

14. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Sure, and like I said that will screw him out of the league.

But implying that he does cocaine based on a picture, and essentially saying he does, isn't right at all. If I were Johnny Manziel, I'd strongly consider a lawsuit for slander.

15. Akrasian Member

He'd lose, AND have a bunch of bad publicity for doing the lawsuit - as long as the suit was active (and for a period after it) there would be close examination of his actions in the press.

It's almost impossible for celebrities to win such suits, unless they are suing someone who clearly made an accusation that was knowingly false. Implying that a heavy partier who had rolled up a bill into a straw shape might be doing cocaine wouldn't have a chance of winning, since in fact it is common for club goers to use dollar bills in that fashion. Even if he wasn't actually doing coke - there's little doubt that Manziel has a familiarity with others doing such things, hence the rolled up bill in a club bathroom. Either it was done because he was doing coke - or it was done because he's too stupid to realize that clowning around in that way in front of a camera is stupid.

I expect a suspension for Manziel before the season is over. Pity, since he does have some talent.

16. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

What does he roll dollar bills in a bathroom for, if not to do Cocaine? Did he happen to come across the worlds tiniest Gerbil?

17. Stranger How big is infinity?

Guys, who cares? Really.

18. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

You'll get the answer to that question if Sam gets hurt,there are PLENTY of draft geniuses who will tell us all we should have drafted the little twit if we lose Sam and struggle.

blue4 likes this.
  19. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

maybe it's the image he wants to portray. why else would he post all this crap on social media?

20. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

Little Man Syndrome

blue4 likes this.