So... are we OK?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"OK" meaning we are still contenders and we can still make a run with power football and a game manager at QB. It's happened before...

How good are we?

I'm really happy we got Robibson, now. The OL is still looking good as long as Long can keep from letting guys take out our QB.

Hill doesn't have the arm strength Sam, but he is good at short and intermediate passes. He can surely throw some jump balls and back shoulders to Britt and Quick.

No. Realistically another losing season is on it's way. Wish I could be more rah-rah but I only thought we were 9-7 with Sam, Sam is worth 2 win imo, so 7-9.

A55VA6

Legend
We'll just have to wait and see. Honestly, I've been pretty impressed with Hill this preseason.

Irish

Starter
This team was still a couple pieces away, now we just have a new piece to add onto the pile. They will be more competitive than they were last year, though. That is for damn sure

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll bet you Tavon gets more targets being Hill's deep ball isn't Sam's. I think that's a good thing...

fancents86

Starter
Am I the only one who woke up this morning and checked this site to make sure I wasn't having a nightmare? I like Hill, but let's face it, we have one of if not THE hardest schedules in the league this season. We have to play top notch, no fuking penalties every drive, and with a chip on our shoulder. Hill will not get us out of those 3rd and 29 situations. If we can play clean yet mean I say we have a chance still.

Am I the only one who woke up this morning and checked this site to make sure I wasn't having a nightmare? I like Hill, but let's face it, we have one of if not THE hardest schedules in the league this season. We have to play top notch, no fuking penalties every drive, and with a chip on our shoulder. Hill will not get us out of those 3rd and 29 situations. If we can play clean yet mean I say we have a chance still.

I'm still waiting for the thread telling us Sam has sought a second opinion which has in fact told him he's fine and will be back for Thursday's game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

True on the penalties. 3rd and 25 isnt so achievable with Hill, it is with Sam. Ugh...

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
We're better off than we were last year. I see 8-9 wins.

Get some breaks and we could still make the playoffs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We're better off than we were last year. I see 8-9 wins.

Get some breaks and we could still make the playoffs.
Luck's going to play a part for sure.

Speaking of Luck...

If this defense can just have more games like the ones they had against Luck and Brees last year, then we'll be all kinds of fine. Take those dudes out of the game, and what do you have? A level playing field.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
"OK" meaning we are still contenders and we can still make a run with power football and a game manager at QB. It's happened before...

How good are we?

I'm really happy we got Robibson, now. The OL is still looking good as long as Long can keep from letting guys take out our QB.

Hill doesn't have the arm strength Sam, but he is good at short and intermediate passes. He can surely throw some jump balls and back shoulders to Britt and Quick.

If you go by career stats, we are no worse off with Hill. If you believe Bradford was finally going to show out this year, then we are probably 2 or so wins worse. The season still is riding on the D-line and the running game.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
We'll still be competitive for sure. I don't understand the overreaction considering what we were able to do with Clemens last year.

On the bright side of this injury, at least all we have to do for the future (well, for the most part) is find a QB. Maybe that's easier said than done, but it's still better than having to rebuild the entire team.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If you go by career stats, we are no worse off with Hill. If you believe Bradford was finally going to show out this year, then we are probably 2 or so wins worse. The season still is riding on the D-line and the running game.

My big deal with Hill is he doesn't have the accuracy or arm strength of Sam, mainly arm strength. He's taking all the reps, now, and will play a lot in our last PS game. If Hill can just manage the game, take what's there, I think we can still win 10 games.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Reality is we don't have a choice, we have to be.

I'm still in shock but the only thing we can do is root for Shaun, hope our D plays the way they should and our running game makes our passing game that much better.

If Clemens can win 4 of 9 with this team Shaun Hill better be able to do better.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
My big deal with Hill is he doesn't have the accuracy or arm strength of Sam, mainly arm strength. He's taking all the reps, now, and will play a lot in our last PS game. If Hill can just manage the game, take what's there, I think we can still win 10 games.

His accuracy is actually pretty good. Arm strength is definitely on the low end though. He won't be zipping passes into tight windows like the catch Quick made from Sam the other night. But he'll be ok. He won't give the game away like Clemens did.

jjab360

Legend
I'll bet you Tavon gets more targets being Hill's deep ball isn't Sam's. I think that's a good thing...
Hill's deep ball isn't as good, but he throws it down the field a heck of a lot more. That might end up being a good thing in the end with these big guys we've got at WR who can come down with even inaccurate passes.