so after game 1, who starts at qb next week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Philly5

Rookie
I don't care what the stats looked like. With Davis in there our offense looked like a Chinese Fire Drill.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't think it's quite that simple. You have several other things working. Penalties, Quick running his route on 3rd down a yard shy of the 1st, bad run blocking, a missed field goal, etc. It WAS bad. But it was a collective suck.
Exactly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Hill led the team to score some points? I missed that.

I didn't say that that Hill scored zero points all by himself. It is a team game. Hill is the team leader, voted captain, and he led the team for the first half. We had zero points. So, yes he led the team to zero points.

In all fairness, it wasnt his fault that Quick shorted the route on 3rd and 8 and ended up short by less than a yard. Then the balls-less coaching staff "settled" for 50 yard FG instead of showing some confidence in their "smashmouth" football...

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Man, I was about sure they were gonna go for the first down on that drive. I have no doubt they would have got it as they were really moving the ball well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No Doubt Hill should Start, If he's Health! I would fear for Davis's Life against Lovie Smith's D!! ( I'm hoping Keenum picks-up our Playbook quickly, and gets in-sink with our WR's!)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
That is why I wanted to draft a young QB to learn behind Sam. Too late now.
Right because Sam is out and Hill's the starter! Not that he'd start anyway since Fisher's would have started Hill regardless! Oline has to do the job they get paid to do before a rookie'd be started! There were no starters in this year's draft for the Rams!

69superbowl

Rookie
Hill will start. If he's goes down, or out, it won't matter anyway. Just like Davis' play yesterday. Sign the fastest QB out there for insurance. He's going to need the speed if he ever plays behind this swiss cheese offensive line. Or start 6 linemen. Or make Chris Long the QB. And to jump to RB - start Benny. Stacy wasn't running "down hill", he was running into the ground. The uniforms looked real good yesterday (to finish on a positive).

goldenram

UDFA
Superbowl is right, Usain Bolt couldn't outrun the pass rush that our OL was letting through. I don't believe any QB in the league could look good behind how those guys played yesterday. Think Hill should start if well... Davis just looked like he was in his first NFL game, looked good at times and made some mistakes. On the pick-6, even the radio guys were saying that Cook gave up on the route and didn't finish where Davis was leading him. Think Davis just needs experience and a decent (playing) OLine would help. I don't see how anyone could think that Keenum would be much of a better option under the circumstances. With the Texans last year in 8 games, he was 137/253 for 54.2%, 9TDs with 6 Ints and 6 fumbles, with a 34.5 QBR.?? But I'm all for competition.....

Athos

Legend
Hill.

The Davis dropbacks have me thinking INT every time he tosses the ball up.

it may be too quick but I say sign tebow. He may not be the best QB, but he's a runner that can help if we ran some read option. Would really open the running game.

drpugilist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
im ok with tebow as well swiftguy. its kind of like one of those "best of the worst" type things. with that said, it would definitely make for more entertaining sundays!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think we at least get into the endzone if Hill stays in the game yesterday. Who knows how the second half played out with him in there. He was what, like 5-8 with an INT when he came out? He made one bad decision. He can lead this offense, we just need a better game plan from the coaches.

AZRamsFan93

I don't think it's quite that simple. You have several other things working. Penalties, Quick running his route on 3rd down a yard shy of the 1st, bad run blocking, a missed field goal, etc. It WAS bad. But it was a collective suck.
I don't think I said anything different.

Unless you would state that the 3rd year wideout is the leader of the offense - the QB led the team to zero points. That is a fact. Combine that with a really bad INT to close out the half, and I am not giving a game ball to Hill. Was he our biggest issue? No. Am I really enthused about Hill leading our offense? No.

No offense to CoachO, but I can come to my own conclusions on this subject.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Until the OL figures out how to block someone, it doesn't matter who is the QB. I figured with all the experience on the OL, that would be a solid unit. Turned out they were horrible and the DBs that we all thought were week, played okay.

AZRamsFan93

Right because Sam is out and Hill's the starter! Not that he'd start anyway since Fisher's would have started Hill regardless! Oline has to do the job they get paid to do before a rookie'd be started! There were no starters in this year's draft for the Rams!
There is no way you can make that last statement. It is way too early to tell how this draft class will work out.

I assert that the QB position is our single largest concern as a team right now. We had a truckload of picks (now all spent) and we did NOTHING to improve this position for the future. This does not bode well, given this is the most important position in team sports, IMHO.

AZRamsFan93

Until the OL figures out how to block someone, it doesn't matter who is the QB. I figured with all the experience on the OL, that would be a solid unit. Turned out they were horrible and the DBs that we all thought were week, played okay.
True, and we spent the number 2 overall pick on the offensive line this year, and he did not start and played very little.

Did Jake Matthews play for the Falcons yesterday? I did not see the game. Just curious.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Did Jake Matthews play for the Falcons yesterday? I did not see the game. Just curious.

He started,played first half and was decent to good. Left at the end of the half with ankle injury. Did not play in the second half.