So...about Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
does he have a chance to make it? I never watched him in college, but I've seen a couple of you over the years take up for him. I understand that he has a special skill set that maybe none of the other guys have....what say you? Is it this scheme? His head? Or what that is stopping him from success. Would he be better on another team?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think we'll keep him this year for depth and special teams.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we'll keep him this year for depth and special teams.
Me too. Watts bonehead manuever probably saved his job... that, and he's pretty good on STs.

But, as a RB? I don't see him on the field much at all. And that's why we drafted him, so kinda irritating.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He is still our punt returner last I knew. Better him than Cunningham.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is still our punt returner last I knew. Better him than Cunningham.

Austin is the punt returner. Pead might return kick offs, but at the least he showed he was a pretty good gunner.

Whether he makes the team is partially dependent on the health of his knee, the health of Gurley's knees, and whether the team needs to carry extra players at another position because players are banged up at the beginning of the season.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Don't we have like 7 or 8 backs coming to camp? Let him go. Even if he does somehow turn it around what good will it do? He's never ever going to unseat Gurley. We already know Mason is starter quality. We already know Bennie is a good 3rd down guy. We already know the coaching staff views Reynolds as a core ST player. And Brown got a big UDFA bonus. Where will he fit in?

RamzFanz

Damnit
If Watts hadn't screwed up I would give Pead a very low chance. Fisher doesn't take screwups well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
While I think Snisher likes Chase Reynolds & Watts...That LB Hager probably replaces them on the ST....And Pead, while also a ST'er, can be a productive 3rd down type back. Benny is bruising type of back...Pead is shifty...I like Pead, and if he's 100% healthy I'd expect him to make the squad. Benny is more on the bubble than Pead with the Gurley & Brown additions...

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I happy with Pead as a high 2nd round draft pick? No. Of course not. So I definitely understand the hate for him. That being said he does have above average value as a gunner. Sucks that we used a second round pick on a ST's player but as long as he is willing to accept his role, and succeed in it, I have no problem keeping him on the roster

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I like your argument...But what makes him good? I say decent, and we can do better...

I mean, he had 45 receptions. Kenny Britt had 48. That right there shows that he's pretty good because he gets open a lot in the short passing game. That's more receptions than Jamaal Charles, Giovani Bernard, on par with Pierre Thomas...

And yeah, his yards per reception was only 7.8, but that's about right. Shane Vereen averages 8.6 YPR, Pierre Thomas 8.4 YPR. Matt Forte averages 7.9 YPR.

So he's up there with the best receiving backs in the game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If Pead is healthy and performs I think he stays because with Watt's situation he can play ST as well.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
does he have a chance to make it? I never watched him in college, but I've seen a couple of you over the years take up for him. I understand that he has a special skill set that maybe none of the other guys have....what say you? Is it this scheme? His head? Or what that is stopping him from success. Would he be better on another team?
I think it's been mental for him. Nothing says he doesn't have the physical skills so far. The mental part is a big aspect in the NFL. Maybe he doesn't have the mental toughness for the NFL but I give him another year for sure, especially with Watts gone. You can't find a guy out there right now with more ability

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Check out Pead's career stats...

http://www.nfl.com/player/isaiahpead/2532926/careerstats

Very underwhelming, to say the least. Especially for a 2nd round pick.

Even his staunchest fans must concede that he's the 4th string RB, at best. Would've probably been 5th string if Watts hadn't screwed up.

Cunningham has been a far better KR man, and gunners are a dime a dozen.

So where, exactly, does he play on this team?

I really don't know if his problem is brains or heart, but something is clearly missing.

As FRO said, "he gone". Lol.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
While it may not be likely, wouldn't it be cool if Pead just broke out and became a real threat with the ball in his hands this year?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Who knows...now that there are no expectations for Pead he might just come out this summer and earn something.

He's at the bottom of the roster, at this point if he has something to offer it's a total bonus.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Honestly I don't see either him or Watts making it tbh. Gurley, Brown and other guys they're high on seem to be taking all the spots and that leaves Pead and Watts the odd men out.