Snowmageddon: Where will the Jets/Bills game be played?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/washington-pittsburgh-arent-options-for-jets-bills/

Washington, Pittsburgh aren’t options for Jets-Bills
Posted by Mike Florio on November 20, 2014

pitt.jpg
Getty Images

Earlier today, PFT reported that the three primary alternative locations for the game between the Jets and Bills are Detroit, Toronto, and New Jersey.

ESPN also has identified a trio of venues, but with only one common place: Detroit. Per ESPN, the other choices are Pittsburgh and Washington.

A league source tells PFT that Washington and Pittsburgh are not options. And that makes plenty of sense; both fields consist of grass, and both grass fields have in the past demonstrated problems with behaving like, you know, grass.

While both seem to be better (or at least not as bad) as in the past, it makes no sense to play an extra game on a grass field when the extra game can be played on FieldTurf at Ford Field.

For other reasons, Detroit is the best choice of any of the available options. And it won’t be a surprise if, come Friday, the announcement is made that the game will be played in Detroit.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/19/us/winter-weather/index.html

Buffalo area braces for more snow
By Ray Sanchez, Jason Hanna and Steve Almasy, CNN

CNN Severe Weather Expert Chad Myers said that 20 to 30 more inches of snow will fall Thursday during a 10-hour window.

There is so much snow, Buffalo officials aren't even plowing. Instead hundreds of dump trucks venture out to haul snow away from the 10 square miles that have been pummeled by the lake-effect snow. Other areas of New York's second-most populous city only received 1 to 6 inches, officials said.

Seven deaths in the region -- including one man whose car was buried under more than a foot of snow -- are blamed on the extreme storm, authorities said.

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and city officials Wednesday recounted stories of rescuers trudging around snow drifts as high as houses to get people to hospitals, of fire stations turned into temporary shelters and police officers delivering special baby formula to a pair of infants.

Unheard of amounts of snow

Buffalo Niagara International Airport, about a 20-minute drive from downtown, was operating Wednesday afternoon but many people were having trouble navigating the snow-covered streets to get to the airport. Most airlines canceled some flights, according to airline representatives and airport spokesman C. Douglas Hartmayer.

Buffalo Bills ✔ @buffalobills

PHOTO: The inside of Ralph Wilson stadium under a thick blanket of snow and blowing drifts.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It won't be played in Buffalo is all we know.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's really bad here. They hired 500 people for $10/hr and free tickets to shovel all the snow. I'm listening to the radio and it sounds like it will be Tuesday or Wednesday.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
We here in NW Iowa get a lot of snow

But 8 feet all at once ???

That would just be insane

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I know it's be really cold in south FL as well. Down here in the Keys we got to 8 below (70 degrees) last night. :snicker:

Athos

Legend
I know it's be really cold in south FL as well. Down here in the Keys we got to 8 below (70 degrees) last night. :snicker:

Bastard....

I don't get why these northern teams don't have, at least, retractable roofs. Seems like it'd be prudent than playing in absolute shit conditions.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The other night I had to close my windows too! And I went on a date wearing a long sleeve shirt!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Here in Arkansas everybody freaks out if we get a few inches of snow I cant imagine 7 feet. good god man.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Bastard....

I don't get why these northern teams don't have, at least, retractable roofs. Seems like it'd be prudent than playing in absolute crap conditions.

I was in Florida last week and actually had to wear a long sleeve shirt with my shorts!! Got back here to The Lou for 3 inches of snow on Sunday!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

The other night I had to close my windows too! And I went on a date wearing a long sleeve shirt!
I almost put pants on this morning. Does that count? And no Les - I'm not naked from the waste down. Shorts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why don't we move to the North East for the winters - said no one EVER!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here inAlbany, NY we thank God every day we don't live in Buffalo & look forward to retiring to the Palmetto State.