Snisher's Last Stand

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
For better of for worse, we are seeing the beginning of Snisher's last stand. This draft will either be the first nail in their coffin or the beginning of some playoff years (in LA).

I can't say I love anything about this draft right now outside the 1st pick. I'm not waiting till tomorrow to write that because day 3 is pretty much a crap shoot. If you hit on someone, it's a frickin miracle. So glad we did last year with Gaines. I'll certainly take a wait and see approach with these draft picks, I'll cheer them on, heck I'll cheer Mannion on even though I think his ceiling is career backup.

For those who don't like the draft, it may be a short amount on time before we have a whole new front office to believe in, for those that like it, there's hope for a smash-mouth team next year.

For me, I'm a fan and this is my fandom (I love me some kool-aid - at least until the season starts):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78d4Q

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think it is Fishers last stand. Stan wants stability and he has Fishers back, whether this draft is a Big success or not. Stan is not the irrational sort.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it is Fishers last stand. Stan wants stability and he has Fishers back, whether this draft is a Big success or not. Stan is not the irrational sort.

I can see that. If Fish implodes it may take a year or two but I think what I'm suggesting is that we'll look back to this draft as the turning point. Up until now, I think he's done a very good but not perfect job with what he's been handed (can't really blame him for injuries to Bradford).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
How do you know he's imploding or that it's his last stand?

B/c you didn't like draft picks?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, I guess my points a little confusing. Probably have to read the post a few times. ;)

Happens every year. Fans will always think they should've gotten this or that guy instead, when reality hits in a couple season the majority are lucky to be on a team.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
For better of for worse, we are seeing the beginning of Snisher's last stand. This draft will either be the first nail in their coffin or the beginning of some playoff years (in LA).

I can't say I love anything about this draft right now outside the 1st pick. I'm not waiting till tomorrow to write that because day 3 is pretty much a crap shoot. If you hit on someone, it's a frickin miracle. So glad we did last year with Gaines. I'll certainly take a wait and see approach with these draft picks, I'll cheer them on, heck I'll cheer Mannion on even though I think his ceiling is career backup.

For those who don't like the draft, it may be a short amount on time before we have a whole new front office to believe in, for those that like it, there's hope for a smash-mouth team next year.

For me, I'm a fan and this is my fandom (I love me some kool-aid - at least until the season starts):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78d4Q

Thanks for the shot about being in LA. Totally needed to be included in your post. I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the shot about being in LA. Totally needed to be included in your post. I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

Didn't mean it as a shot, though I realize I wasn't being sensitive. I don't live in STL so I don't necessarily think about what it must be like to live there right now and be a fan with the prospect of the move. I'm in an odd head-space since I'm a STL native but live in LA. At the same time, I feel like there's this prohibition about talking about the move and I don't really like that either. It's feels like putting my head in the sand. And that's something I don't espouse in any aspect of my life.

I'm sorry, dude.

Lesson

Oh, really?
If Fisher was concerned about his job security, he wouldn't have taken Gurley at 10.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Didn't mean it as a shot, though I realize I wasn't being sensitive. I don't live in STL so I don't necessarily think about what it must be like to live there right now and be a fan with the prospect of the move. I'm in an odd head-space since I'm a STL native but live in LA. At the same time, I feel like there's this prohibition about talking about the move and I don't really like that either. It's feels like putting my head in the sand. And that's something I don't espouse in any aspect of my life.

I'm sorry, dude.

Last Stand prob not even close.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/4/23/8484813/nfl-com-jeff-fisher-is-untouchable

As far as the whole LA thing there is a thread for that, it's even a sticky. Like it or not it's that way for a reason. It's a polarizing talking point that sets fans off on both sides.

tonyl711

Starter

I'm sorry, dude.
theres a thread devoted to the possibility of relocation, please leave that in that thread and not anywhere else.

FRO

Legend
Fisher and Snead have done a good job drafting. We have added some very good young talented players in their tenure. This draft reminds me so much of the 2011 draft. In 2011 we wanted a WR bad, but by the time we picked there were none to be had, so we picked Quinn who was BPA. Had Quinn not been suspended for a year and had a brain tumor he would have went much higher. Same with Gurley and the knee. Gurley wasn't a need, but he was BPA. Havenstein and Kendricks are similar as well. Same school and was a bit of a second round shock to me. If Havenstein is as solid as Kendricks it will be a good pick, I just feel we could have done better.