SNF Eagles Vs Hags

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I see Goff as a Matt Ryan type, but better protecting the football. Maybe just also because similar build and arm talent.... Goff a little more athletic though.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pains me to say it, but I see a young Brady with better arm talent.

Just the Brady part.

But if McVay can find his coaching groove like Belichick then I think Goff and McVay can have that same kind of success.

jap

Legend

Just the Brady part.

But if McVay can find his coaching groove like Belichick then I think Goff and McVay can have that same kind of success.

. . . except Jared doesn't need to deflate any freaking balls to guarantee game success!!!

socalrams90

Starter
There were a lot of similarities between our loss at Minnesota and the Eagles loss at Seattle today. Hoping they don’t bounce back the way we did

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manning-type how? Expand.

The more that I see of Goff, the more athletic he looks to me and quite a bit more athletic than Peyton.

Goff is a faster, smoother athlete than Peyton Manning. Has a better motion and is a natural thrower.

Goff does seem to me to have good mechanics like Peyton.

Intangibles, how he handles the LOS communications....

I see some Manning there.

His demeanor is his own and doesn't seem like Manning to me.

Command of the offense at the LOS, movement/feet in the pocket, good but not elite arm strength, accuracy, not the prettiest spiral, and football IQ. As a young man, Peyton moved a lot better than he did late in his career. Like Manning, Goff is a pocket passer who is at best extending plays when he can use subtle movement to find space in the pocket.

He does have a different demeanor than Peyton, but I see them as similar players on the field.

BeefJurky

Rookie
Doug and Wentz apparently decided to shit their pants tonight and hand Seattle an easy W.
God, I was fuming multiple times at how clueless the Eagles looked.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Man, we are lobbing some hefty comparisons around here.

I mean, I hope they're all true and more so, but damn.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I’m liking our chances much more next week and much less in Seattle...

Damn, the Seahawks somehow find a way to just flip the switch... hate them more now and want to do to them what Hulk did to Loki

tBb2Gp.gif

We'll see for sure.
But, I am thinking....the Rams are better than Philly.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Just the Brady part.

Who do you see as a young Brady with better arm talent?

Sappy113

Rookie
They lost to the Redskins so why not the Jags? They're a different team on the road and Jags D is better than Philly's. Let's not forget that we squeaked away with a 4 pt win.

In Jacksonville? We won by 10. But your point still stands! I absolutely think the Jags can take a W next weekend. In fact, I'm hoping like hell they will!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In Jacksonville? We won by 10. But your point still stands! I absolutely think the Jags can take a W next weekend. In fact, I'm hoping like hell they will!

i'm hoping they catch 5 interceptable balls that oompa loompa throws up for grabs every game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

with that lateral pass the ball clearly came out of the oompa loompa's hand backwards. does that matter in american football or is only the end result the only deciding factor?

in rugby league the ball has to be thrown backwards. if the pass is thrown backwards but the momentum of the player passing the ball results in the ball eventually travelling forwards it's still a legal pass. would it be the same in the nfl or is it just a black and white rule where the ball has to end up behind the line of where it left the player's hand?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Well, shit...that is exactly what I DIDN'T want to happen. Was hoping the Eagles would get the win and give the Rams some extra breathing room in the race for the division.

But as the saying goes: if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. For the Rams, the playoffs start NOW!

Q729

Legend
Well, crap...that is exactly what I DIDN'T want to happen. Was hoping the Eagles would get the win and give the Rams some extra breathing room in the race for the division.

But as the saying goes: if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. For the Rams, the playoffs start NOW!
True, but dammit. Why do we always have to decide our fate IN SEA at the end of the friggin' season?!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
True, but dammit. Why do we always have to decide our fate IN SEA at the end of the friggin' season?!

I dislike this setup too fits into the media's delight gives the Brainless Sports Media a bunch to talk about, gives a ton of camera action idiots to showcase, 12 man :poop:. Top late game billing, & the most important gives a big edge to the Sports Media's team to win so they can do a repeat of the same old bull-crap to sale to the public in the playoff...makes their jobs easy.

With so much stacked against the Rams late in the season will make it that much more satisfying to see the Sports Media & the Seattle crew & team go down in Flames when he Rams go in there & take them down!:sneaky:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When I see Wentz play I see a 2nd year QB, in his second season on a good team with a great supporting cast and Coaches

I see a guy who has benefited from his fortunate circumstances, but has also made some really great plays.

I also see a guy who has questionable mechanics at times, looks comfortable running the offense and making checks but he doesn't seem to be very refined or comfortable standing in the pocket with his eyes downfield. If his first read isnt open, his feet stop moving.. Its as if he just stands there blankly until he takes off running at the last second.

He has played in a pro style offense for how long now? 3 college seasons and 28 NFL games?

Honestly I would think his pocket instincts and mechanics would look more refined than Goffs, but they dont.

He reminds me of a lot of guys who started out hot in the NFL. All of them guys whose instincts as a runner helped them look good early. Most of them have some serious growing pains after about 3 years. The runner in them is what makes the rest of what they do work. Eventually they will either miss lots of games due to wear and tear and they will have to try to re-wire their instincts to become a pocket QB.

He could keep getting better and be great for years.

I dont see anything in him that tells me his future is more promising than Goffs. Actually, to the contrary.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I see Wentz play I see a 2nd year QB, in his second season on a good team with a great supporting cast and Coaches

I see a guy who has benefited from his fortunate circumstances, but has also made some really great plays.

I also see a guy who has questionable mechanics at times, looks comfortable running the offense and making checks but he doesn't seem to be very refined or comfortable standing in the pocket with his eyes downfield. If his first read isnt open, his feet stop moving.. Its as if he just stands there blankly until he takes off running at the last second.

He has played in a pro style offense for how long now? 3 college seasons and 28 NFL games?

Honestly I would think his pocket instincts and mechanics would look more refined than Goffs, but they dont.

He reminds me of a lot of guys who started out hot in the NFL. All of them guys whose instincts as a runner helped them look good early. Most of them have some serious growing pains after about 3 years. The runner in them is what makes the rest of what they do work. Eventually they will either miss lots of games due to wear and tear and they will have to try to re-wire their instincts to become a pocket QB.

He could keep getting better and be great for years.

I dont see anything in him that tells me his future is more promising than Goffs. Actually, to the contrary.
I agree...If we would have picked Wentz instead of Goff, his familiarity with playing under center in a pro-style offense at N Dakota State might have enabled him to win some games last year that Goff lost (due to his inexperience in a pro system).....Enabling Fisher to survive...

BMM8nBP.png