Snead on NFL AM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very possibly true. Depends on how good our defense and running game are.
Thats all Im saying. And for the record, Id prefer Bridgewater as well. I still cant get my head around the way he's fallen

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats all Im saying. And for the record, Id prefer Bridgewater as well. I still cant get my head around the way he's fallen

He's not prototypical. Guarantee if he was Bortles's size, there would be no question about him going #1. It's truly shocking but it seems to happen every year. Teams go away from the film.

It's really too bad. I think a lot of teams are going to regret it because, imo, what separates franchise QBs and JAGs are their instincts, mental acuity, and precision. Bridgewater checks all three of those boxes. He processes things so quickly and sees the field so well. Those traits are rare and I can't understand how NFL teams wouldn't appreciate them.

I posted a few days ago Luck's best and worst games his final year vs. Bridgewater's best and worst games. It was crazy to compare them side by side...because if we are to believe some of the media, Bridgewater has no business going in the first round. And yet when you watched the two...while Luck was a better prospect...it wasn't some huge gap.

What was obvious was that Bridgewater processed things in a similarly quick manner to Luck and, imo, was a superior(but also more conservative) decision maker in a very similar offense. But Luck was more athletic with a better build, height, throwing motion, and deep accuracy.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

There we go. I'd rather wait to see if he falls to our spot in the second then jump the gun with Johnny FB.

Alan

Legend
Dodgersrf with part of the story:
However he was very clear on stating there is ONE team starting rumors right now.
What rumor is bigger than Manziel to the Rams. What other rumors are even worth talking about.

I thought it was interesting that he even put it out there. He wouldn't elaborate for obvious reasons.
If a team is trying to start a fake rumor then telling King seems to have been a big mistake doesn't it? To successfully put out a false rumor and make it seem real, you need a willing accomplice in the media and King doesn't seem to fit that bill. He's obviously making the point that the rumor is false. If the Rams told this to him then it was certainly counterproductive no? :oops:

Unless they're trying to hide the fact that they are serious. :cautious: :unsure:

Last edited:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Nah he's got mad skills but the rest of your post is spot on he ain't gonna be a Ram ,this is Sams team

Mad skills? uh huh, you mean like when he leaves his feet to throw every time he rolls out? Or are we speaking about when he see's an open receiver but still elects to run? You might be correct about his so called "skills", but we've heard all this before haven't we? College is one thing, the NFL is another....how many times has this proven to be true?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I can't see Bradford getting a pick that high. I'm guessing maybe a 3rd rounder, no way #8 overall.

However if they got that offer I'd take it if I were Snead. I wouldn't draft a QB this year though. I'm have no problem waiting until next year and finding a journeyman while selecting a truckload of top talent all over the first tow rounds.

I know you "Manzielians" don't like that, but I wouldn't touch him. I'd stock up on OL/WR/DB-S.

Weren't the Browns ready to throw the same bounty at us we got for the 2nd overall pick for Sam Bradford? or something near it at least. I think Sam would still fetch a good return. Not that he'll be going anywhere.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Weren't the Browns ready to throw the same bounty at us we got for the 2nd overall pick for Sam Bradford? or something near it at least. I think Sam would still fetch a good return. Not that he'll be going anywhere.

I don't think he is going anywhere this year either, but I don't recall the Rams getting any kind of offer for Bradford.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Mad skills? uh huh, you mean like when he leaves his feet to throw every time he rolls out? Or are we speaking about when he see's an open receiver but still elects to run? You might be correct about his so called "skills", but we've heard all this before haven't we? College is one thing, the NFL is another....how many times has this proven to be true?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If a team is trying to start a fake rumor then telling King seems to have been a big mistake doesn't it? To successfully put out a false rumor and make it seem real, you need a willing accomplice in the media and King doesn't seem to fit that bill. He's obviously making the point that the rumor is false. If the Rams told this to him then it was certainly counterproductive

Unless they're trying to hide the fact that they are serious. :cautious: :unsure:

King never claimed that a team came to him with the rumors. He simply stated that he was certain that ONE team was putting them out there.
He may or may or may not be speaking of the Rams. I believe he was.

Everything draft seems to be circling around Manziel. At least so it seems.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
THE VIKINGS WONT GIVE UP #8 FOR BRADFORD. MAYBEE TRADE #8 FOR OUR #13 PLUS A LATER ROUND PICK
I wouldn't give up Bradford for anything less than the #8... and maybe even that wouldn't be enough.

And if we did do that, I'd still rather have Bridgewater than Manziel.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't give up Bradford for anything less than the #8... and maybe even that wouldn't be enough.

And if we did do that, I'd still rather have Bridgewater than Manziel.

i wouldn't give up bradford,period.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
i wouldn't give up bradford,period.
After further thought... I'm more with you. I was reacting to the very bad idea of giving up Bradford AND a premium pick for the #8. No. Nein. Nyet. String Snead up if that even came close to happening.

But I still maintain anyone on our team can be had if another team wants to give up crazy compensation for him.

Alan

Legend
Dodgersrf thinking of little birdies:
King never claimed that a team came to him with the rumors. He simply stated that he was certain that ONE team was putting them out there.
He may or may or may not be speaking of the Rams. I believe he was.
How else could a person be certain unless he was told by someone in the know and someone in the know could only be someone in the organization right?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I saw the interviews. I'm excited about Johnny Manziel. If we draft Manziel, and traded Bradford to the Vikings for #8th pick I would cry. We would end up with 3 of the top 13 picks in the deepest draft in a decade. And our salary cap would drop dramatically. I like it.

I'm no capologist, but I'm sure we'd take a salary cap hit if Bradford was traded. Maybe the new BBA has changed things? I can't see much cap relief as you stated though. I could be wrong.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm telling you, the Rams are drafting Mack if he's there. It fits their M.O. to a T.
This makes sense to me as well. As does Dennard if he is available later....Both have the ability to be on the field a lot and to fill various roles.

wrstdude

Rookie
I'm no capologist, but I'm sure we'd take a salary cap hit if Bradford was traded. Maybe the new BBA has changed things? I can't see much cap relief as you stated though. I could be wrong.

His salary this season isn't guaranteed. $3.5 million cap hit if cut this year & next.

Would be dumb to do it this late-could've dipped in the FA market more.

V3

Hall of Fame
This makes sense to me as well. As does Dennard if he is available later....Both have the ability to be on the field a lot and to fill various roles.

Don't confuse my prediction with my desire. I would HATE!!!! to take Mack and I don't really like Dennard, either. I just fully expect it because the Rams' M.O. is to take players in the first or second round that I don't want because it's way too early for them. The only exception was Ogletree.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
His salary this season isn't guaranteed. $3.5 million cap hit if cut this year & next.

Would be dumb to do it this late-could've dipped in the FA market more.

Thank you Sir..