Snead on Mike Evans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I was right with you on that until I saw some of his recent work-out film on the NFL network. The guy looks very strong and surprisingly fast. I still think we could do better at 13 (Donald, Dennard)
I got no problem with the guy, he would be a huge asset. And for him to be there at 13 then other Ram targets might be gone so yeah I could see it happening. But still think it's unlikely.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Evans would be a nightmare for LB's to cover over the middle of the field.
Yeah, including our linebackers. The new talk here in NorCal has the whiners aggressively trading up to get Watkins or Evans... oh shit

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yeah, including our linebackers. The new talk here in NorCal has the whiners aggressively trading up to get Watkins or Evans... oh crap
They have the ammo to do it, but the cost would be huge. Evans would be cheaper to get than Watkins.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Evans reminds me of a Floyd (Michael not Malcolm lol), Boston (David), and Jackson (Vincent) mold. No clue why he just does.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I like Evans, he's a big guy and can go up and get the ball, he's basically Quick with less project time and more come in and help immediately time. I think we could do well with somebody like him.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah, including our linebackers. The new talk here in NorCal has the whiners aggressively trading up to get Watkins or Evans... oh crap
Well if the niners move up I don't think it will be with us that they make the trade.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Well if the niners move up I don't think it will be with us that they make the trade.
Yeah, no way we'll do that. With all their extra picks the niners could move to 10-12 and snag Evans. They'd have to use them all to get Watkins! It was just some desperate talk on the local sport radio station I overheard earlier today. I think they sense their window closing...

Love your Isiah Robertson avatar circa '73. Those uni's were bad ass

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Evans reminds me of a Floyd (Michael not Malcolm lol), Boston (David), and Jackson (Vincent) mold. No clue why he just does.

I keep thinking Vincent Jackson.

I said he would replace Quick. Maybe he would replace Givens. He is the straight line speed guy on the team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Says JAG on a Rams board.

Says anyone who recognizes that 6'5" WRs with 4.47 speed and a great pair of hands don't grow on trees. No way on earth a team is going to waste that sort of ability by asking the guy to add 20+ pounds and block inline. So then he's too small to block inline without the added weight and you have essentially a "move" TE that is used as a slot WR...which is a waste of Evans's skill-set. The guy should not be in the slot. He should be playing outside the numbers to get him matched up on an island.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Says anyone who recognizes that 6'5" WRs with 4.47 speed and a great pair of hands don't grow on trees. No way on earth a team is going to waste that sort of ability by asking the guy to add 20+ pounds and block inline. So then he's too small to block inline without the added weight and you have essentially a "move" TE that is used as a slot WR...which is a waste of Evans's skill-set. The guy should not be in the slot. He should be playing outside the numbers to get him matched up on an island.
Says JAG on a Rams board.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd rather have Evans than either of those Safeties at #13.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The reporters are the malleable ones right? :)
I've given this more thought. I think it's a mistake to go easy on the StL reporters. I think we should demand top tier sports efforts from them.

Heck, we've got guys like the Rams Addiction doing a better job than most of those jokers who are getting paid.