Snead on Mike Evans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I heard Lance Zierlein on a Houston station today say he spoke with Les Snead at the Manziel Pro Day yesterday. He said Snead spent a lot of time watching Evans, so he went over and asked Snead what he thought about Evans. He said Snead told him Evans is a basketball player, which has its good points and bad points. And that you don't ask Evans to run routes that he isn't good at yet, you ask him to do what he does best, and if that's vertical routes, that's what we'd have him run. Snead said like all young WRs Evans isn't there yet but will improve and it's the coaches job to put them in the best position to do what they do best.

Zierlein thought if Evans got past #10, then there's a good chance he'd be there for the Rams at #13.

Ram_of_Old

I heard Lance Zierlein on a Houston station today say he spoke with Les Snead at the Manziel Pro Day yesterday. He said Snead spent a lot of time watching Evans, so he went over and asked Snead what he thought about Evans. He said Snead told him Evans is a basketball player, which has its good points and bad points. And that you don't ask Evans to run routes that he isn't good at yet, you ask him to do what he does best, and if that's vertical routes, that's what we'd have him run. Snead said like all young WRs Evans isn't there yet but will improve and it's the coaches job to put them in the best position to do what they do best.

Zierlein thought if Evans got past #10, then there's a good chance he'd be there for the Rams at #13.

SWEET!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My biggest takeaway from this is that we have all these jokers in StL, like Bernie, Gordon, and others, and I have to hear a guy from Houston telling me what Snead thinks. Most of these StL guys are incompetent.

Alan

Legend
max with one possibility:
My biggest takeaway from this is that we have all these jokers in StL, like Bernie, Gordon, and others, and I have to hear a guy from Houston telling me what Snead thinks. Most of these StL guys are incompetent.
Or, the local writers don't want to BS their regular readers and the guy from Houston doesn't give a shit about us.

business-commerce-optimism-optimistic-pep_talks-motivate-motivational_speech-ktan74l.jpg
images

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Or, the local writers don't want to BS their regular readers and the guy from Houston doesn't give a crap about us.

business-commerce-optimism-optimistic-pep_talks-motivate-motivational_speech-ktan74l.jpg
images

Are you kidding?

The local writers don't want o BS us? These guys are fluff experts.

Alan

Legend
No, I'm not kidding max. My view is supported by just as many facts as yours is. I just prefer not to gratuitously bad mouth the local writers. I prefer to bad mouth them when they actually deserve it. That keeps me busy enough. :)

Are you complaining because the money you've personally donated to help pay the the local writers expenses to go to every college pro day wasn't put to good use? Don't you think that's completely unfair? I do.

I'm happy that you think Lance is giving you the straight inside poop on this max because I'm been trying to see through the smoke for months now. :LOL:

I share many of your feelings concerning the local writers max but this is totally unfair in my opinion.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
No, I'm not kidding max. My view is supported by just as many facts as yours is. I just prefer not to gratuitously bad mouth the local writers. I prefer to bad mouth them when they actually deserve it. That keeps me busy enough. :)

Are you complaining because the money you've personally donated to help pay the the local writers expenses to go to every college pro day wasn't put to good use? Don't you think that's completely unfair? I do.

I'm happy that you think Lance is giving you the straight inside poop on this max because I'm been trying to see through the smoke for months now. :LOL:

I share many of your feelings concerning the local writers max but this is totally unfair in my opinion.

If the local writers need me to help pay their expenses then they're in the wrong business.

Maybe I'm spoiled being from NY. I know the difference between hard working sports reporters and marshmallows.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ex-basketball players sometimes make for HOF Tight ends in the NFL. :whistle:

SierraRam

Recreational User
Tony Gonzales. Avg 7 points and 5 rebounds for the Cal Golden Bears.
Some guy named Jim Brown averaged 13+ for Syracuse. If we pull Robinson and Evans out of round 1, I'm happy. I'd prefer Donald, but still, not bad.

Get the best available S, CB and OL next 3 picks & we're good to go..

Is it May yet?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm leaning towards Meh.
But the vertical routes intrigue the Rams. Fades and let him run under the ball and go up and get it. He also comes back on the ball very well. They would run him sometimes out of the slot with TA outside to take the top off while Evans goes up a seam. It's not all about Evans, it's more about Bradfords accuracy than Evans being great.
Still a pass for me at 13.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I'm leaning towards Meh.
But the vertical routes intrigue the Rams. Fades and let him run under the ball and go up and get it. He also comes back on the ball very well. They would run him sometimes out of the slot with TA outside to take the top off while Evans goes up a seam. It's not all about Evans, it's more about Bradfords accuracy than Evans being great.
Still a pass for me at 13.
I was right with you on that until I saw some of his recent work-out film on the NFL network. The guy looks very strong and suprisingly fast. I still think we could do better at 13 (Donald, Dennard)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Evans would be a nightmare for LB's to cover over the middle of the field.