Snead: Jared Goff must earn the right to be the face of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sounds like he's saying there is no "Guarantee" Goff will start week #1! I sure hope he does, But IF Not, I can hear everyone Screaming Questions about "Why Not!"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like he's saying there is no "Guarantee" Goff will start week #1! I sure hope he does, But IF Not, I can hear everyone Screaming Questions about "Why Not!"
Well, he shouldn't start unless he can beat out Keenum in camp. Admittedly it's not a high bar to hurdle, but it would be a mistake to put a guy on the field who hasn't shown that he can execute better than the next guy. Pretty confident he'll get the job done though. Even if it means scaling back the playbook a little until he gets into a rhythm with what's handed to him initially.

…..

Legend
He asked a few questions the perhaps a coach should answer.....but one thing that stood out to me was that he went straight to Keenum and never mentioned Foles at all as an asset to learn from. Makes me wonder if unlike the unsigned Welker, Foles even has a locker in LA.....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, he shouldn't start unless he can beat out Keenum in camp. Admittedly it's not a high bar to hurdle, but it would be a mistake to put a guy on the field who hasn't shown that he can execute better than the next guy. Pretty confident he'll get the job done though. Even if it means scaling back the playbook a little until he gets into a rhythm with what's handed to him initially.
I understand, and agree, It's just that I heard a group of NFLN Sports casters, say, on air that they where going to have a lot of Questions IF Goff Didn't start week #1! That's why I said what I did.;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand, and agree, It's just that I heard a group of NFLN Sports casters, say, on air that they where going to have a lot of Questions IF Goff Didn't start week #1! That's why I said what I did.;)
Oh I'm sure they will (have questions). Instant gratification society and all...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha. I was watching nfl live today and they were talking about some teams qb depth chart. For the Rams they had goff at 1, Foles as back up and case as one of the "others". Haha, those whacky espn guys.

Logy

UDFA
Name
Logy

I really must have misinterpreted this. I thought it was more of a blood in blood out situation and the reason they brought in Everett and Ferragamo was so Goff could kill one of them with his bare hands. Now that I think about it, a quarterback competition seems more likely. However if Jared becomes the face of the franchise and either Jim or Vince disappears, questions should be asked.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I can't wait for the camp reports about how much further along Goff is then everyone else and how incredibly accurate he is.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
The only one I know who could pull off that guarantee is Joe Namath. And I could never pull off wearing pantyhose.:seizure:

jap

Legend
Well, of course, Jerad has to earn it. The old fashion way is still the best way. However, he's not going to have much competition at home, unless Sean makes some noise. I'll be interested to see what happens when Jerad has to look at that Wascally Wussell Wilson and Palmer on Sundays, and if that fires him to top their performances. I want Jerad to be the best in the wild, wild NFC West.