Snead & Fishers ability to draft defensive starters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am reading positive articles on Snead & Fishers Rams first round defensive selections in DT Brockers & OLB Ogletree both off to fast starts and looking good.

When you review all of Fisher & Snead's First & Second day draft selections in the 2012 & 2013 drafts.....you will find this...

1st-DT Brockers/Starter
2nd-WR-Quick/Reserve
2nd-CB-Jenkins/Starter
2nd-RB-Pead/Reserve
3rd-CB-Johnson/Starter

1st-WR-Austin/Reserve
1st-LB-Ogletree/Starter
3rd-S-McDonald/Starter
3rd-WR-Bailey/Reserve

Conclusion..5 defensive selections all starters. Four offensive selections all Non starters. Maybe They should just select defensive players from now on on the first & second days?

iced

BonifayRam said:
I am reading positive articles on Snead & Fishers Rams first round defensive selections in DT Brockers & OLB Ogletree both off to fast starts and looking good.

When you review all of Fisher & Snead's First & Second day draft selections in the 2012 & 2013 drafts.....you will find this...

1st-DT Brockers/Starter
2nd-WR-Quick/Reserve
2nd-CB-Jenkins/Starter
2nd-RB-Pead/Reserve
3rd-CB-Johnson/Starter

1st-WR-Austin/Reserve
1st-LB-Ogletree/Starter
3rd-S-McDonald/Starter
3rd-WR-Bailey/Reserve

Conclusion..5 defensive selections all starters. Four offensive selections all Non starters. Maybe They should just select defensive players from now on on the first & second days?

wrong on austin - he is a starting slot receiver (Considering 60% of offensive plays operate with 3 wr,thats a starter imo), plus PR... thats starting...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
BonifayRam said:

1st-DT Brockers/Starter
2nd-WR-Quick/Reserve
2nd-CB-Jenkins/Starter
2nd-RB-Pead/Reserve
3rd-CB-Johnson/Starter

1st-WR-Austin/Reserve
1st-LB-Ogletree/Starter
3rd-S-McDonald/Starter
3rd-WR-Bailey/Reserve

wrong on austin - he is a starting slot receiver (Considering 60% of offensive plays operate with 3 wr,thats a starter imo), plus PR... thats starting...

hey iced....do you consider player who only saw 4 out of 47 offensive snaps a starter??

iced

BonifayRam said:
iced said:
BonifayRam said:

1st-DT Brockers/Starter
2nd-WR-Quick/Reserve
2nd-CB-Jenkins/Starter
2nd-RB-Pead/Reserve
3rd-CB-Johnson/Starter

1st-WR-Austin/Reserve
1st-LB-Ogletree/Starter
3rd-S-McDonald/Starter
3rd-WR-Bailey/Reserve

hey iced....do you consider player who only saw 4 offensive snaps a starter??

Spiller got somethin around 10, give or a take a few - you think he's a starter?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
BonifayRam said:
iced said:
BonifayRam said:

1st-DT Brockers/Starter
2nd-WR-Quick/Reserve
2nd-CB-Jenkins/Starter
2nd-RB-Pead/Reserve
3rd-CB-Johnson/Starter

1st-WR-Austin/Reserve
1st-LB-Ogletree/Starter
3rd-S-McDonald/Starter
3rd-WR-Bailey/Reserve

hey iced....do you consider player who only saw 4 offensive snaps a starter??

Spiller got somethin around 10, give or a take a few - you think he's a starter?

I sure was under the impression that Jared Cook was the primary starting Slot with Givens & Pettis as the WR's. We see a bunch of Kendricks as the TE-H-back with Harkey seeing a ton of plays too. I just do not see Austin as anything close to being considered a starter currently. Hopefully sure hope that will change.

iced

BonifayRam said:
I sure was under the impression that Jared Cook was the primary starting Slot with Givens & Pettis as the WR's. We see a bunch of Kendricks as the TE-H-back with Harkey seeing a ton of plays too. I just do not see Austin as anything close to being considered a starter currently. Hopefully sure hope that will change.

at this point,jared cook isn't even the starter... kendricks gets more snaps then him,and harkey got a fair amount too..

but most teams in the nfl run 3wr/1 te more than 50% of time..and until last game,he's had a lot of snaps.

do you consider wes welker a starter right now?