Snead, Fisher, Demoff Panel Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Fisher - Anybody that would reference the receiver position as being a need for us, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Bad etiquette aside, I just couldn't resist re-copying this. (used it on the AP thread)

Pretty strong words, there are at least two better than average members here (imo at least) that would strongly disagree. (they're wrong but...):ROFLMAO:

Speaking for myself, I'm okay with the Rams receiving corps, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

yep im surprised they havent posted anything yet

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I really hope McLeod is as good as they think he is. I understand the leadership part, but he was pretty bad on the field last season. Maybe it was all on Walton, maybe not. I just don't feel too great with McLeod at FS.

V3

Hall of Fame
Very nice article, RA.

One thing that jumped out to me was how defensive he seemed to get regarding McLeod being the starting FS. I don't agree but I sure hope he's right.

lockdnram21

Legend
I really hope McLeod is as good as they think he is. I understand the leadership part, but he was pretty bad on the field last season. Maybe it was all on Walton, maybe not. I just don't feel too great with McLeod at FS.

He got better as the season went on

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Fisher - Anybody that would reference the receiver position as being a need for us, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Bad etiquette aside, I just couldn't resist re-copying this. (used it on the AP thread)

Pretty strong words, there are at least two better than average members here (imo at least) that would strongly disagree. (they're wrong but...):ROFLMAO:

Speaking for myself, I'm okay with the Rams receiving corps, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Going into last year, there was no doubt in my mind we had the WR's to dominate last year. Growing pans and Sam's injury murdered my hopes. I wanted Watkins towards the end just because we have no 1 WR with his ability. Ultimately, I think Robinson ceiling is second to nobody in this draft. He will be our Ogden, you don't pass that up. Sammy will never be AJ Green. His ceiling is Julio, still dam good.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

I f you ask me, his play had more to do with the constant position changes (once Finnegan went down), and his inconsistent tackling, than anything else.

Until you are there to make your own evaluations, i'd appreciate you not taking cheap shots at ME to make your point. SMARTASS!

My apologise, it wasn't meant as a cheap shot, I should of used Nick Wagoner or the fact that Fisher and Snead reportedly decided to draft him on the basis of a pre draft workout, you were just the first person who came to mind.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks for sharing you lucky bastard. I love your writing style by the way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wagoner said he flashes in practice. But i take this as he is doing the little things right, probally making all his catches. But out of two seasons ive never heard fisher say Quick has made tremendous improvement

Practice speed and game speed are not the same. I recall some reports that Quick isn't too Quick. Maybe processing information at this level has been a big hurdle for him. Hopefully he gets over it this year.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
My apologise, it wasn't meant as a cheap shot, I should of used Nick Wagoner or the fact that Fisher and Snead reportedly decided to draft him on the basis of a pre draft workout, you were just the first person who came to mind.

Then in some strange way, I guess I should be flattered. LOL its all good!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If its true that quick has improved tremendously then expect him to start in otas and job should be his to loose

I think I tall depends on the health of Britt. Its obvious Fisher likes his skillset, and if he can resurrect his career, he gets first shot, IMO. Especially early in camp, Fisher tends to give the veterans first look. It happened with the RB (Pead and Richardson) last year, the WR position last year (Pettis and Givens were given the majority of the 1st unit reps), Safety ( Stewart then McLeod were given 1st unit reps).

But I would hope that Quick is rotated in with the "1's" on a regular basis this summer, and may the best man win. Either way, it should be a great training camp, and lots of competition at many positions.

tbux

Rookie
This is when I wished I lived in STL- this years camp is going to be incredible! so many good battles now- our depth has gotten so much better- that some of these camp battles are going to be fierce! This is when i appreciate the camp reports from the guys who write them like CoachO. Thats why I hope we do Hard Knocks- but I doubt it will be us.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think I tall depends on the health of Britt. Its obvious Fisher likes his skillset, and if he can resurrect his career, he gets first shot, IMO. Especially early in camp, Fisher tends to give the veterans first look. It happened with the RB (Pead and Richardson) last year, the WR position last year (Pettis and Givens were given the majority of the 1st unit reps), Safety ( Stewart then McLeod were given 1st unit reps).

But I would hope that Quick is rotated in with the "1's" on a regular basis this summer, and may the best man win. Either way, it should be a great training camp, and lots of competition at many positions.

Imo i think Britt is just insurance and if Quick is ready he will start. Imo Quick and Britt have same skill set

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Imo i think Britt is just insurance and if Quick is ready he will start. Imo Quick and Britt have same skill set

No argument from me,,, All I am pointing out is Fisher's pattern of giving the veteran the first look. Long term, they will be better served giving Quick every opportunity to succeed.

lockdnram21

Legend
No argument from me,,, All I am pointing out is Fisher's pattern of giving the veteran the first look. Long term, they will be better served giving Quick every opportunity to succeed.

i agree. I think eventually top 3 receivers will be Quick,Tavon,Bailey

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Bookmarked. Lets see how awesome Taint does in Detroit with no defense or running game. Having Megatron on the other side should guarantee Taint 1000 yards/10 TD's yeah? :whistle:

No running game?

Detroit was middle of the pack. Not to mention now he has the best receiver in the league playing across from him to take away a lot of the attention.

Taint is an assclown but he's in a great situation.