Snead, Fisher, Demoff Panel Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Thanks so much for doing these.

Favorite quotes: :)
---------------------------
Fisher and Snead were somewhat motley.
----------------------------
“Fuck it; I’m The Stache!”
-----------------------------
Savard opened with an event-appropriate level of ball-washing.
-----------------------------
Snead expressed Fisher’s desire to build through the trenches. Fisher concurred, explaining that the point of emphasis in the draft was to counter the strong defensive fronts of the NFC West. That’s why they took Robinson. That’s why they tried to trade back into the first round to take Zack Martin.
On Tre Mason: Snead - The running back position was not part of the draft plan at all.
Fisher swooned over Aaron Donald.
On Kenny Britt: [We] thought he could benefit from a fresh start. He’s very talented. Still very explosive.
Were the Bills one of the teams “flirting” with the Rams at pick two? Yes, they were one of the teams flirting; they wanted to come up.
On Brian Quick, Austin Pettis, and Chris Givens: Fisher - Anybody that would reference the receiver position as being a need for us, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
On the 2010 Rams vs last year's Rams team: Demoff - I think last year’s team beats the 2010 team by 35 points.
On Sam Bradford not being ready for the beginning of the season: Snead - The answer is no,” Snead delivered firmly. “He’s throwing the football…he’s dropping back and making throws.” Snead followed with, “I was in the training room the other morning, he’s jumping around, I made the comment to our trainer ‘You know, I think I need to tear my ACL, maybe I would come back more athletic.
--------------------------
James Laurinaitis asked to describe new Defensive Coordinator, Greg Williams:

Describing Greg Williams is hard,” James admitted. “He’s borderline crazy…but I mean that in a good way.” He went on to emphasize the level of accountability that Williams brings when it comes to execution. “I didn’t know, I couldn’t hear, I do not understand” are not excuses for coach Williams according to James, they’re an indication that you’re not the guy for the job.

James also added that the presence of Williams seems to be having an off-the-field influence on some of the players. “I think the DB group is the hardest working group on the team,” Laurinaitis said. He added that both Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins have “grown up” and both seem to “get it” going into their third seasons. He added that both players have taken on a leadership role within the position group.
------------------------
On not drafting a safety: Snead - The other safety is Rodney McLeod.

FRO

Legend
A couple things, one I hope Fisher is right about our receivers. I think he is a big believer in Britt. I think he feels the guy can be a quality starter. I have my reservations on the guy however. I read in Jeff Gordon's chat that Britt seems to be working hard. The guy has to realize that if he puts another year like he did in 2013 he could be finished in the league.

Another thing is the equipment and technology must be unreal now for knee injuries. It's good to hear that Bradford is up and sounds like pretty close to full strength. I hope he can play a full 2014 like he was playing in 2013, especially the last 3 games of 2013.

There is no excuse for this defense to not be a top 10 unit. It's good to hear Jenkins and Johnson are maturing in their roles and are working hard.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Fisher - Anybody that would reference the receiver position as being a need for us, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Bad etiquette aside, I just couldn't resist re-copying this. (used it on the AP thread)

Pretty strong words, there are at least two better than average members here (imo at least) that would strongly disagree. (they're wrong but...):ROFLMAO:

Speaking for myself, I'm okay with the Rams receiving corps, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Fisher - Anybody that would reference the receiver position as being a need for us, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Bad etiquette aside, I just couldn't resist re-copying this. (used it on the AP thread)

Pretty strong words, there are at least two better than average members here (imo at least) that would strongly disagree here.

Speaking for myself, I'm okay with the Rams receiving corps, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I'm guessing he believes in Britt quite a bit. We shall see.

Interesting though that THAT strong of a statement (strong enough to, as you note, condemn certain fans as well as media talking heads) was only made at a panel, and isn't something that comes up with Gordon or Burwell. (Not Bernie, because he just writes whatever he wants anyway.)

Anybody that would reference the receiver position as being a need for us, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

I love it, it's the sort of comment that if they play anything like last year he'll get nailed for, he must be confident on it.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Like it's been said before, if the seacocks can win with their corps of shitstain wr's, we can definitely do it with ours. Young wr's just take time to develop, now that they have gotten some experience I think we could have the best wideouts in our division.

Like it's been said before, if the seacocks can win with their corps of shitstain wr's, we can definitely do it with ours. Young wr's just take time to develop, now that they have gotten some experience I think we could have the best wideouts in our division.

I'd trade any WR we have not called Tavon for Taint (I know he's gone now).

Why? Because he has had 3 years of experience! ;)

Because he's got better hands than anyone one our team, because despite playing in a ridiculously run heavy O he still put up pretty good numbers, because he has actually shown he can play at the NFL level, because we'd know what we had in Jenkins with them two going at it each day in practice.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd trade any WR we have not called Tavon for Taint (I know he's gone now).
Bookmarked. Lets see how awesome Taint does in Detroit with no defense or running game. Having Megatron on the other side should guarantee Taint 1000 yards/10 TD's yeah? :whistle:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Because he's got better hands than anyone one our team, because despite playing in a ridiculously run heavy O he still put up pretty good numbers, because he has actually shown he can play at the NFL level, because we'd know what we had in Jenkins with them two going at it each day in practice.
Let's see how Quick does this year man, not saying Taint isn't good but let's let our own WR's develop before we ship them out for this punk!

Memphis Ram

Legend

Of course, as I recall Golden Taint was considered by some to be a bust early in his career. The light didn't begin to flicker until year 3 and then come on in year 4 (his contract year).:whistle:

lockdnram21

Legend
“Brian Quick has shown tremendous improvement this offseason”
Thats what I like to hear. This is going to be his year

Of course, as I recall Golden Taint was considered by some to be a bust early in his career. The light didn't begin to flicker until year 3 and then come on in year 4 (his contract year).:whistle:

For every Golden Taint there are 10 Johnny Nobody, I'll always take the proven over the potential.

“Brian Quick has shown tremendous improvement this offseason”
Thats what I like to hear. This is going to be his year

That's what I worry about, according to Coach O he looks like the best player in camp, then the games start to count.

Memphis Ram

Legend
For every Golden Taint there are 10 Johnny Nobody, I'll always take the proven over the potential.

That's what I worry about, according to Coach O he looks like the best player in camp, then the games start to count.

Depends upon the proven player. I wouldn't overlook the impact of Russell Wilson's ability to prolong plays giving Taint more time to get open.

And I thought Coach O was referring to Quick's physical skill set not his overall play.

lockdnram21

Legend
Depends upon the proven player. I wouldn't overlook the impact of Russell Wilson's ability to prolong plays giving Taint more time to get open.

And I thought Coach O was referring to Quick's physical skill set not his overall play.

yea me too

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

That was something that Nick Wagoner made reference to in his most recent chat. He said something about how he needs to be consistent and how he can look like a star in practice but hasn't been able to put that together during a game

lockdnram21

Legend
That was something that Nick Wagoner made reference to in his most recent chat. He said something about how he needs to be consistent and how he can look like a star in practice but hasn't been able to put that together during a game

Wagoner said he flashes in practice. But i take this as he is doing the little things right, probally making all his catches. But out of two seasons ive never heard fisher say Quick has made tremendous improvement

FRO

Legend
Wagoner said he flashes in practice. But i take this as he is doing the little things right, probally making all his catches. But out of two seasons ive never heard fisher say Quick has made tremendous improvement
Let's hope it's more than words. This is a big year for Quick. He needs to show up in a big way or he may have a hard time finding a roster in 2015. There are many of talented guys who couldn't quite get it. Let's hope Quick isn't one of those guys. We need him.