Snead - Bradford ready to make an impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[stl]89b19ade-052d-41dc-9d84-9babbe3dd393[/stl]
http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... abbe3dd393

The St. Louis Rams traded the right to draft Robert Griffin III to the Washington Redskins for first-round picks in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and an additional second-round pick.

Passing on a potential once-in-a-generation player, even when you have a young first-round quarterback in-house, might leave some general managers queasy. However, Rams GM Les Snead told “NFL AM” on Wednesday morning he’s not concerned with who the Redskins drafted with the No. 2 pick, but how the players he selects perform.

“The players you acquire during you reign, and how they produce, is what you are going to be measured by, not really one particular player another team picked,” he said. “I think our mantra here in this building is we are going to stack good decisions, and I think as we stack good decisions good things will happen for this organization.”

First-round draft pick Michael Brockers, along with second-rounders Janoris Jenkins and Isaiah Pead are part of the stack they hauled in the 2012 draft. All three should play significant roles this season.

Judgment over the wisdom of the trade hinges on quarterback Sam Bradford’s performance over the next several years. But the chips that Snead has begun to stack are a good start for his reign.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's weird how his eyes keep darting around the room.

36fv4i.jpg

Speeps

Starter
Good interview. I love how he deflected the Janoris Jenkins "rules" question. Very savvy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speeps said:
Good interview. I love how he deflected the Janoris Jenkins "rules" question. Very savvy.
Yeah, I thought that whole line of questioning was kinda unnecessary.

Jenkins hasn't done anything wrong, and this guy is asking what Snead's gonna do to "keep him in line."