Snead and Waufle at Clowneys Pro Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brandon Bate‏@NoPlanB_4m
@Empiretobuild looks like a damn beast to me. Mayock said he was same weight as he was in combine. D. Jeremiah saying he doesn’t look winded

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Nick Wagoner
Rams GM Les Snead also in attendance at Jadeveon Clowney/South Carolina pro day today.
  • 10:54 AM
    dec5a75d-2bbf-4f82-9fa6-e7cfc945ae59.jpg

twitter.png
    Tania Ganguli

For those wondering, no #Texans owner Bob McNair is not at South Carolina's pro day watching Clowney.
  • 10:53 AM
    1ea18ef6-81c8-44d6-a97a-1989000478c1.jpg

twitter.png
    Travis Haney

Yes, but the "motor." MT @KevinW_ESPN Lower body flexibility and overall agility Clowney shows are rare. Making it look easy out here.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
11:01 AM
dec5a75d-2bbf-4f82-9fa6-e7cfc945ae59.jpg

twitter.png
Tania Ganguli

Looks like #Texans coach Bill O'Brien and Jags coach Gus Bradley are the only head coaches at South Carolina's pro day.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
11:19 AM
6ef7ca2a-856f-4f01-bebb-7ad036b77486.jpg

twitter.png
David Newton

Texans coach Bill O'Brien after Clowney Pro day says still wide open what to do with top pick. No concern over Clowney work ethic.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
11:21 AM
1ea18ef6-81c8-44d6-a97a-1989000478c1.jpg

twitter.png
Travis Haney

Did anyone learn anything new about Clowney? Surely not much. Pro days are about holding serve. Shows you can handle pressure, if anything.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
11:25 AM
6ef7ca2a-856f-4f01-bebb-7ad036b77486.jpg

twitter.png
David Newton

Clowney says he has visits set up with Rams and Falcons.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Clowney showed up in great shape, looked great, impressed everyone. Getting rave reviews.

I expect Houston to take him, but if they don't it will ONLY be because they feel too desperate for a QB. And if so, we have to take him at #2.

Passing on Clowney would be like passing on Reggie White when we had Jack Youngblood and Fred Dryer. You regret passing on him for many years.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Clowney showed up in great shape, looked great, impressed everyone. Getting rave reviews.

I expect Houston to take him, but if they don't it will ONLY be because they feel too desperate for a QB. And if so, we have to take him at #2.

Passing on Clowney would be like passing on Reggie White when we had Jack Youngblood and Fred Dryer. You regret passing on him for many years.

I agree gotta take him unless sombody offers up a very nice trade

jjab360

Legend
Is it just me or does it seem like it's been Rams coaches that have worked out all the top prospects at their pro days?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I think Clowney can start shopping for homes in the greater Houston area. With all of the "top" QBs having question marks I think HOU grabs the most talented player in the draft at #1.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Clowney pushes through a grueling pro day workout
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 2, 2014

clowney1.jpg
Getty Images

Jadeveon Clowney’s pro day workout didn’t really tell us anything we didn’t know.

But he wanted to prove the thing people have questioned.

“I think I showed them I’m a fighter,” Clowney told the NFL Network’s Mike Mayock after his workout. “That I can push through anything.”

He did just that Wednesday.

We knew the guy is a phenomenal athlete who can rush the passer, capable of delivering a large amount of mass at great velocity.

The drills he performed, which included leaping over a pile of pads and picking tennis balls up off the ground only underlined that.

But coaches on the field put him through an array of drills to push him physically, and had him drop a bit at the end (for those who wanted to see what he’d be like as a stand-up player as opposed to coming out of a stance).

“They were trying to get after me today,” he said. “I expected to get pushed hard.”

At this point, any physical critique of Clowney is a nitpick, so questioning his work ethic is the only kind of thing left. Those questions seem smaller and smaller the more performances like today’s which Clowney turns in.