Snead and McVay day 2 presser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Listening to this... I'm thinking we could surprise with a pick or two today, or via UDFA.

Snead; "We saw some good parts of the country". [With good parts implying off the grid]

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Listening to this... I'm thinking we could surprise with a pick or two today, or via UDFA.

Snead; "We saw some good parts of the country". [With good parts implying off the grid]
Leave no stone unturned!!

Memphis Ram

Legend
A few years back the Rams traded back in the 2nd round with the Bears to obtain an extra pick. The Bears selected Alshon Jeffrey and the LB the team was targeting, Bobby Wagner, went on to become a superstar with Seattle. The Rams ended up with Isaiah Pead (though they could have had LB Lavonte David).

If Gerald Everret pans out all is well. But, I hope that the organization won't be looking back at this move wishing they had simply stayed put and selected Forrest Lamp or even Zay Jones. Or how they could have had Ju Ju Smith-Schuster after the trade down.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A few years back the Rams traded back in the 2nd round with the Bears to obtain an extra pick. The Bears selected Alshon Jeffrey and the LB the team was targeting, Bobby Wagner, went on to become a superstar with Seattle. The Rams ended up with Isaiah Pead (though they could have had LB Lavonte David).

If Gerald Everret pans out all is well. But, I hope that the organization won't be looking back at this move wishing they had simply stayed put and selected Forrest Lamp or even Zay Jones. Or how they could have had Ju Ju Smith-Schuster after the trade down.

I am sensing a negative angle to your posts. I guess you didn't like this draft.

Regarding the second round pick, Shrager claims that was the player they wanted all along. So why would they stand pat and take someone else?

In Fisher's first draft they traded the 6th pick to the Cowboys and passed on higher rated players, only to move back to 14 and select the lower rated Brockers, because that is who they were going to draft at six if they couldn't make the trade and get an extra pick. It worked out well for the Rams and not so well for Dallas.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am sensing a negative angle to your posts. I guess you didn't like this draft.

Regarding the second round pick, Shrager claims that was the player they wanted all along. So why would they stand pat and take someone else?

In Fisher's first draft they traded the 6th pick to the Cowboys and passed on higher rated players, only to move back to 14 and select the lower rated Brockers, because that is who they were going to draft at six if they couldn't make the trade and get an extra pick. It worked out well for the Rams and not so well for Dallas.

Not really. The cowboy's 2nd was the one that ended up being pead and some lineman that couldn't get away from the dinner table.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Negative angle to the only two posts I've made in some time? Gee. I thought I was just being Caption Obvious regarding the type a player such a young coach would need. And here, the main point I was attempting to make wasn't in regards to whom the team wanted, but whom I'm not so sure that team should have passed on. I would have done some things differently, but it was a decent draft.

As for as the Brockers trade down, it much easier to hit that high in the draft on a trade down than it is to do the same so much later.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Snead and McVay did their homework and road work too. You never know in the draft. They traded down and got their targeted 1st pick in Everett. They got their 2nd pick target in Kupp. They got nice bonus with moving down and then up to round 3 for safety Johnson. Good day. You can always second guess but they grabbed an extra pick looks like they got who they wanted.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not really. The cowboy's 2nd was the one that ended up being pead and some lineman that couldn't get away from the dinner table.

Yes really. They traded back in round 2 and took Everrett. Just like they traded back in round 1 and took Brockers. Same thing just different round. You are focusing on the additional pick they garnered.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes really. They traded back in round 2 and took Everrett. Just like they traded back in round 1 and took Brockers. Same thing just different round. You are focusing on the additional pick they garnered.

Are we talking about the same thing?

I was commenting on your statement that the trade worked out well for the Rams and not so well for the Cowboys. The Rams gained nothing from that trade other than paying brokers a little less than they would have if they drafted him at #6.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Are we talking about the same thing?

I was commenting on your statement that the trade worked out well for the Rams and not so well for the Cowboys. The Rams gained nothing from that trade other than paying brokers a little less than they would have if they drafted him at #6.

Ah, no I thought you meant the comparison wasn't the same. I meant they moved back and still got the player they wanted (and were prepared to take at 6) and landed another pick in the following round.

Similarly they said they were prepared to take Everett with their original pick, but traded back and still got their guy and an extra pick.

Whether or not the extra picks worked out for them is a irrelevant. Just because the first example ended up being a useless player, does not mean their selection this time around will be a useless player.