Snaps vs WAS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Yeah, I can see that we were in nickel a lot. My question is why?

Unless it just comes down to the Rams want to get their best players on the field and Quentin Lake is one of 'em.
So they played the nickel more than usual to accomplish that plan.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Not more nickel, just more "big" nickel. Used a safety rather than CB.

There have been a couple of games this season that Durant played more snaps in slot than Lake did yesterday but that was early in season. Last couple of weeks they played Ravens and Browns, teams that use some 12 and 21 personnel ... means less nickel, more base.

The question is what matchups or other things caused them to gone from a CB-based nickel to a S-based nickel? They were trending towards it when Lake got hurt.

If they think Lake is special enough (speed plus some size) maybe they think he can cover well enough and also give some run support as well, something Durant cannot do as well.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I totally missed that.
Maybe when Lake was out ... and then Shelly went down, who was probably on the depth chart at nickel before he got hurt.

There were reports around draft time that he was maybe suited for slot ...or wide..but I hadn't seen that either.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Maybe when Lake was out ... and then Shelly went down, who was probably on the depth chart at nickel before he got hurt.

There were reports around draft time that he was maybe suited for slot ...or wide..but I hadn't seen that either.
Have to imagine his grabbiness has kept him out of the lineup (and height).