Snap counts vs the Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
upload_2017-11-30_21-11-45.png

My snipit missed one guy Smart had 5 snaps on defense. Mannion was the only active player not to take a snap.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Odd how many players got only one snap(on O or D or on ST).

Barwin,Everett, Christian, Hatfield, Hill, Davis, Littleton, Reynolds, Watkins.

(Reynolds and Everett and Watkins all must have been on “hands” team for last onside kick)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That 3'rd DL position is certainly by committee. Fox - 16 defensive snaps, Walker - 11, Westbrooks - 10, Smart - 5 snaps. My only question here is whether this is filled thru free agency or the draft.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That 3'rd DL position is certainly by committee. Fox - 16 defensive snaps, Walker - 11, Westbrooks - 10, Smart - 5 snaps. My only question here is whether this is filled thru free agency or the draft.
I personally like the "by committee" approach. I think we have good depth here to keep guys fresh. Hopefully D Easley comes back strong also next season. A little skeptical due to his injury history, but I'm hoping.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Donald 91%
Brockers 72%
Fox 28%
Walker 19%
Westbrooks 18%
Smart 9%

If we run a straight 3-4 D for 100% of 57 snaps, these 6 guys should total up to 300%. Did we have some 4-3 looks? dime packages? Just curious if anyone can shed some light on this for a newb.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Wade & McVay are just making sure the have Fresh Bodies in there or maybe it's a "Situational" thing!?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Donald 91%
Brockers 72%
Fox 28%
Walker 19%
Westbrooks 18%
Smart 9%

If we run a straight 3-4 D for 100% of 57 snaps, these 6 guys should total up to 300%. Did we have some 4-3 looks? dime packages? Just curious if anyone can shed some light on this for a newb.
In nickel and dime packages there's only 2 DL. OLBs are used as edge rushers. It's a 4 man front, 2 DL and 2 OLB.

I noticed that in the Saints game that Quinn had his hands in the dirt like a traditional DE, as did Ebukam. I don't know if its normal, or just part of a scheme. The defense played in a 4-4 during part of the Jags game. This D might not be suited for a traditional 3-4, but they're versital enough to run multiple formations.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wade in his presser expressed how happy he is with not only Ebukam but his whole rookie defenders. Price is the only one that doesn't play much.