Snap Counts vs Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58328/TB_Gamebook.pdf

Offense
1606219354657.png

Defense
1606219537253.png

ST
1606219768379.png

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
A lot more snaps for Donald this week!

Ebu's snaps went up as well. Pretty even split between him and Hollins.

Looks like they aren't giving the job to Robinson. He has to beat out SJD.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like they aren't giving the job to Robinson. He has to beat out SJD.
And SJD has been playing well too. I'll have to rewatch the past 2 games but I don't remember Robison lining up at NT that much, if at all, I've seen him a lot as a DT in 2 DL sets.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SJD has been exceptional this year. Prior to last night he was I think 3rd in the NFL in TFL from the NT position. We're very fortunate with that front 3 and they've played great this year.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Brockers really showed up last night, best game I've seen him have in a while

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Brockers really showed up last night, best game I've seen him have in a while

Dude he's been on a tear now for a few games. Ever since I mentioned his impact not being felt... facepalm. Hes been a beast.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

From my point of view
One thing Noteboom's offensive snaps went up considerably. TE Everett's snaps are inching up. In addition, WR Josh Reynolds is up too he had 13 more offensive snaps than Cooper Cupp. With so many teams in big need of very good wideouts, Josh Reynolds is going to get a nice size contract in less than 4 months.

Both OLB'ers Justin Hollins & Samson Ebukam are up along with safety Nick Scott who has taken the 3rd safety snaps away from Taylor Rapp. No idea how the knee injury to our MLB Kiser will affect this chart but I would expect to see the very versatile Justin Hollins & even Leonard Floyd's snaps @ Inside go up this next weekend.

Mostly unknown is the newest latest new roster member known as Jake Reed's son thus named JR was activated late last week the over 6-1 205 lbs. Basically JR took Nick Scott's place on ST's since Scott took Taylor Rapp's spot on the starting roster. Guess the Special Teams needs a boost from someone & Reed's was called up his snaps went up dramatically on ST's. Guess that big 4.5 speed from a big safety that JR showed off @ UG will come in handy for the Rams.

I do know JR is seriously versatile. He does Box duties, covering TE's & WR's & rangy enough to cover the entire middle of the field. That bloodline is something to behold. By the way, JR Reed was a senior leader for the nation’s No. 1 scoring defense in the country in 2019, Jim Thorpe award semifinalist & left UG as an All-American. Somehow JR Reed went undrafted. Signed by the Jags & released to WWC line where Snead gave him a call.

If safety JR Reed is as good as I remember he was while starting for 3 seasons in the SEC then Snead may not need to look in the 2021 draft on replacing team captain John Johnson III in 2021. Rams safety unit next season should look like this......Rapp- Fuller- Burgess- Scott- Hughes- Reed- Gervase ......see any issues?

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams Week 11 snap counts: Reynolds outsnaps Kupp again, Henderson leads RBs (yahoo.com)
Rams Week 11 snap counts: Reynolds outsnaps Kupp again, Henderson leads RBs
Cameron DaSilva
Tue, November 24, 2020, 10:52 AM EST·3 min read
81c1d8e199630103ac7b1670bf9d4cb4

The Rams have a lot of options on offense, with excellent depth at just about every key position. They can go four deep at wide receiver, three deep at running back and have three capable starters at tight end. It makes for interesting analysis of their snap counts each week, with different players earning more playing time with every passing game. That was true against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday night, a game the Rams won 27-24.On offense, Darrell Henderson reclaimed his role as the top running back, while Josh Reynolds outsnapped Cooper Kupp for the second straight week. Defensively, Justin Hollins continues to play significant snaps, and Nick Scott has filled in as the third safety with Taylor Rapp out.

The Rams have a lot of options on offense, with excellent depth at just about every key position. They can go four deep at wide receiver, three deep at running back and have three capable starters at tight end.
It makes for interesting analysis of their snap counts each week, with different players earning more playing time with every passing game. That was true against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday night, a game the Rams won 27-24.

On offense, Darrell Henderson reclaimed his role as the top running back, while Josh Reynolds outsnapped Cooper Kupp for the second straight week. Defensively, Justin Hollins continues to play significant snaps, and Nick Scott has filled in as the third safety with Taylor Rapp out.

Running back: Henderson got the start, played the most snaps and earned the most touches of the Rams’ running backs. He carried it eight times for 5 yards, however, and caught two passes for just 4 yards. On his 33 snaps, he was targeted or carried the ball 11 times. Cam Akers only played 12 snaps, but he had five carries and one target, which he caught for a touchdown. Malcolm Brown played 27 snaps, right between Henderson and Akers. It was a highly unproductive night for the Rams’ running backs, which isn’t surprising considering the Bucs are No. 1 against the run.

Wide receiver: For the second week in a row, Reynolds played more than Kupp. He was on the field for 90% of the snaps, while Kupp played just 72%. Robert Woods paced the group with 68 snaps played (94%), with both him and Kupp being targeted early and often. Van Jefferson played just four snaps, turning them into one catch for a touchdown.

Tight end: Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett remain big parts of the offense, playing 72% and 57%, respectively. They each caught four passes, with Higbee gaining 19 yards and Everett 27. Johnny Mundt played six snaps but wasn’t targeted by Jared Goff.

Offensive line: No offensive linemen missed a single snap. Joe Noteboom played 72 snaps at left tackle in his first career start at the position, playing well in place of Andrew Whitworth.

Defensive line: After seeing his snaps somewhat limited in Week 10, Aaron Donald was on the field 90% of the time against the Bucs. Michael Brockers was second with 46 snaps (67%), followed by Sebastian Joseph-Day (41%). It was a good game by the defensive line, even if Donald was shut out. A’Shawn Robinson played 15 snaps in his second game of the year, up from his 10 snaps in Week 10. Greg Gaines chipped in eight snaps, with his role limited by Robinson’s return.

Inside linebacker: Micah Kiser typically plays every snap, but he missed time with a leg injury, causing him to play just 86% of the defensive reps. Kenny Young played 20 snaps (29%), with Troy Reeder getting on the field defensively for the first time since Week 5; he played six snaps.

Outside linebacker: Leonard Floyd only came off for six plays, continuing his strong play despite not recording a sack. Justin Hollins was OLB2, playing 46% of the snaps opposite Floyd. Samson Ebukam’s role has fluctuated throughout the year, but he’s still playing plenty, getting on the field for 42% of the plays. Terrell Lewis was the fourth outside linebacker, playing 14 reps but having minimal impact.

Cornerback: Jalen Ramsey didn’t miss a snap, which is par for the course for the All-Pro corner. Darious Williams and Troy Hill each played 90%, with the Rams being in nickel and dime for most of the game. David Long was on the field for three snaps as the fourth cornerback behind the three starters.

Safety: John Johnson and Jordan Fuller played every snap with no Taylor Rapp available to take playing time away from them. Nick Scott still earned plenty of opportunities as the third safety, playing 21 reps (30%) on defense. J.R. Reed was called up from the practice squad but didn’t appear in the game on defense.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think Reynolds beating Kupp at snaps lately has only to do with the fact that Kupp obviously has some pain issues in his right wrist. He's been fighting through it for a few weeks now but I think they have reduced his snaps to help manage that slightly. But I am surprised that Jefferson's snaps were only at 4.

DeaconJones

Rookie
Is A'Shawn Robinson a ghost? I see he was in for 15 snaps but I never actually spotted him, even though I am looking for him. How is he doing?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
SJD did good, gotta earn snaps
Train if your not the best get along poster here with legit debate, you Are top 2 imho.

I'm not saying SJD didn't do a good job or the Rams staff is wrong. Hell we Won.

I'm just a little disappointed what AR has done so far.

nighttrain

Legend
Train if your not the best get along poster here with legit debate, you Are top 2 imho.

I'm not saying SJD didn't do a good job or the Rams staff is wrong. Hell we Won.

I'm just a little disappointed what AR has done so far.
AR has a lot of time to get it goin, patience
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Needs more snaps:

Akers (getting this guy rolling and in a duo with Hendy is where we need to be)
Jefferson (his blocking is why his snaps are low but I'd have Yarbs pushing him on that to increase his workload)
Lewis (either him or Hollins need to eat Ebu's snaps)

Needs fewer snaps:

Ebukam (his contain is terrible)
Reynolds (too many snaps for him IMO let's get the rook rolling at least a little more plz)
Brown (Goff needing to tell him how/where to line up still pisses me off)

Overall not a lot to complain about. I just think it's a continuation of where we've been, where we have the potential to get some boosts from a few more kids. And this isn't just having high hopes with the kids btw, it's also about the guys playing before them not being slam dunk types.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.si.com/nfl/rams/news/la-rams-personnel-report-week-11-vs-bucs

PERSONNEL GROUPING (OFFENSE)
Source: Next Gen Stats

Total plays: 71 (excluding penalties)
11 (One RB, One TE, 3 WRs) Pass -- 42. Run – 8. Total: 50
12 (One RB, Two TEs, 2 WRs) Pass – 7. Run – 8. Total: 15
13 (One RB, Three TEs, 1 WRs) Pass – 2. Run – 4. Total: 6

PASSING BY PERSONNEL GROUPING

Jared Goff
11: 30-for-42 (71.43 percent) for 337 yards, with one TD and two INT. Goff was not sacked, posting an 83.3 passer rating.
12: 7-for-7 (100.0 percent) for 28 yards, with zero TDs and zero INT. Goff was not sacked and posted an 83.3 passer rating.
13: 2-for-2 (100.00 percent) for 11 yards, with two TDs and zero INT. Goff was not sacked and posted a 129.2 passer rating.

RUSHING BY PERSONNEL GROUPING

11: 8 for 13 yards (1.63 average) Long: 14. 0 TD
12: 8 for 8 yards (1.00 average) Long: 4. 0 TD
13: 4 for 16 yards (4.0 average) Long: 11. 0 TD

PERSONNEL GROUPINGS (DEFENSE)
Total plays: 67 (excluding penalties)
Base (4 DBs): Pass – 5. Run – 4. Total -- 9
5 DBs: Pass – 29. Run – 14. Total – 43.
Dime-plus (6 or more DBs): Pass – 15. Run –0. Total – 15.

PASS RUSH
Total plays: 49
Rush 3 – 6 (12.2 percent) Sacks -- 0
Rush 4 – 35 (71.4 percent). Sacks -- 1
Rush 5 – 6 (12.2 percent). Sacks-- 0.
Rush 6 – 2 (4.1 percent). Sacks -- 0