Slow and Off the Mark Shotgun Snaps?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Is it just me or is anyone else notice the poor shotgun snaps?

Looks like Barnes is putting Case Keenum in a hard spot with poor snaps. On many third down plays by the time Keenum has to bend down and center the ball in the middle of his chest the defense is in his face. I didn't keep count but it sure seems like it happens a lot today.

RamWoodie

Legend
Barnes is a good center. I think the Jets blitzing may have been an issue for him. Just chalk it up as a bad game for him. The Rams got the win!!!

I'm gonna look at this in Game Pass using the coaches view since I didn't see the game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I saw one that appeared to be late and to the left. I'll watch the game again but I didn't notice this last game nor did I notice it this game.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I like Barnes but everyone on the O line could probably be upgraded. That would take quite a few high picks though.
Unless the problem is coaching.:thinking:

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
For one thing, Case prefers the snap down, not chest high.

Really getting nit picky after a win.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
We going to keep blaming everyone else except Keenum? He had one maybe 2 bad snaps big deal Keenum can't keep his eyes down field when he gets pressure he plays scared and it has nothing to do with the oline

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We going to keep blaming everyone else except Keenum? He had one maybe 2 bad snaps big deal Keenum can't keep his eyes down field when he gets pressure he plays scared and it has nothing to do with the oline

Eureka! You just solved the riddle of why Fisher likes him so much. Fisher's offensive philosophy is to play scared, especially late. It's strange because he loves to take risks with his special teams. I guess that is desperation though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh... I think there are more things to point to than Keenum. The O-line certainly should accept that they are not playing well in the run game. I'm not even defending Case in this. I just don't see him as the only thing holding us back and honestly, I think that if we had any kind of a run game, and we didn't have a #1 overall pick behind him, he would be possibly the least of our worries on offense.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I noticed it too. A few snaps were low and Case had to go down and get them.

Barnes was down for a while holding his ankle. I thought he was going to go out of the game, but he stuck it out.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That was Barnes strength last year, however, today was not his best from that perspective. I concur with @RamWoodie...Chalk this up to a tough game and move on to the Fish.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Meh... I think there are more things to point to than Keenum. The O-line certainly should accept that they are not playing well in the run game. I'm not even defending Case in this. I just don't see him as the only thing holding us back and honestly, I think that if we had any kind of a run game, and we didn't have a #1 overall pick behind him, he would be possibly the least of our worries on offense.

IMO teams just don't fear Keenum so they play the run every down and dare us to beat them. Keenum throws a few good passes and gets some yards but can't score so they don't panic. They blitzed the crap out of us in the second half but somehow that's the olines fault when Keenum doesn't recognize it and takes a sack or throws it in the dirt.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
IMO teams just don't fear Keenum so they play the run every down and dare us to beat them. Keenum throws a few good passes and gets some yards but can't score so they don't panic. They blitzed the crap out of us in the second half but somehow that's the olines fault when Keenum doesn't recognize it and takes a sack or throws it in the dirt.
I bet there is some of that, but regardless, teams should not be in our backfield or hitting our RB before he hits the line with such regularity. You can blame that on Keenum but it is just happening too regularly. Now I can say also that I knew the play from watching on regular TV and I can't figure out why we have such slow developing plays where defenders are simply unblocked. I think we have potentially a real problem with our O-line calls but I am an armchair coach. Bottom line is that I just don't think it is cut and dry that Keenum is the main issue.

I want to see Goff too but with what I'm seeing, I don't know that what we want to see is in the long term best interest of the team.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
One of Gurley best runs today came behind Harkey lead blocking.
I wouldn't mind seeing more lead blocking with a FB. Wear the defense down early and open up some lanes foe Gutley.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Heard Barnes was hurt in the game.Any updates on whether it's
serious or not?

Ram65

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw one that appeared to be late and to the left. I'll watch the game again but I didn't notice this last game nor did I notice it this game.

Could have been just a couple of bad snaps. No agenda here. Just thought they make things harder for Case. Seemed like the Jets got to him very very quickly today.

Barnes is a good center. I think the Jets blitzing may have been an issue for him. Just chalk it up as a bad game for him. The Rams got the win!!!

I'm gonna look at this in Game Pass using the coaches view since I didn't see the game.

I don't have game pass and no other way to rewatch the game. I did see some highlights where he made good clean crisp snaps and Case made good completions. Let us know what you see. Thanks.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I bet there is some of that, but regardless, teams should not be in our backfield or hitting our RB before he hits the line with such regularity. You can blame that on Keenum but it is just happening too regularly. Now I can say also that I knew the play from watching on regular TV and I can't figure out why we have such slow developing plays where defenders are simply unblocked. I think we have potentially a real problem with our O-line calls but I am an armchair coach. Bottom line is that I just don't think it is cut and dry that Keenum is the main issue.

I want to see Goff too but with what I'm seeing, I don't know that what we want to see is in the long term best interest of the team.

I think, at least for me, that from a troubleshooting standpoint, Keenum is the last, easiest, most obvious piece to swap out. At least for now. Over the last several years we've had a few coordinators, lots of o line attempts, a decent run game, lots of different guys at wr. What we've never changed is having a backup level guy at qb. When Bradford was here, uninjured, etc, he did ok. He was serviceable. Maybe more. Not really the point. Other than sub par qb play, we've swapped out everything. If you're trying to fix a computer problem or a car, or anything else, you slowly swap out one piece at a time until you fix things.

That's how I see it anyway. We've basically changed everything but the qb, because Keenum, Hill, Davis, and whoever are all basically the same guy. Career backup, known quantity. Injured Bradford basically plays at that level. Keith null and Kyle Boller were that guy. It's the only thing we haven't tried to make a change to.

Otherwise, I totally get what you're saying. I just feel that logically, getting someone in there who we could assume (or at least guess) isn't the problem, would allow us to troubleshoot the offense better.