Sliding to the second round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not much info there. Everybody has these guys slated as 2nd rounders anyhow, except maybe Jenkins, but we all know why he could slip. Not surprised about Mike Adams...the kid is trouble...a few of us said it before the positive drug test.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Not much info there. Everybody has these guys slated as 2nd rounders anyhow, except maybe Jenkins, but we all know why he could slip. Not surprised about Mike Adams...the kid is trouble...a few of us said it before the positive drug test.
True. I'm just stoked that I figured out how to embed NFL.com videos into this forum. :p
Well, that, and it might be a bit of a surprise if Wright slides into the 2nd. But we don't need another slot guy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:

A positive drug test? Wow. I actually didn't know that about Adams. It just gives me more incentive to stay away.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
DR RAM said:
True. I'm just stoked that I figured out how to embed NFL.com videos into this forum. :p
Well, that, and it might be a bit of a surprise if Wright slides into the 2nd. But we don't need another slot guy.

Agreed. Although apparently the Rams Brass scheduled a last minute private workout with Wright. Fisher, Schotty, Snead, and Demoff were all in attendance. They were also trying to keep the visit under wraps for some reason. Heard a few talking head speculate Wright wont fall beyond us at 33.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Lord, I hope the Rams don't pick Jenkins, Adams, or Wright. Please don't do that!

paceram

Pro Bowler
Would Wright be a bad pick for the Rams if he fell to the Rams #33 or #39 picks (if they don't take Blackmon/Which I am guessing they will)? I know he had a poor 40 at the Combine but I thought he did much better at his Pro Day and don't the Rams need a receiver that can stretch the field? Does he have other issues that are making him drop in these mock drafts?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
paceram said:
Would Wright be a bad pick for the Rams if he fell to the Rams #33 or #39 picks (if they don't take Blackmon/Which I am guessing they will)? I know he had a poor 40 at the Combine but I thought he did much better at his Pro Day and don't the Rams need a receiver that can stretch the field? Does he have other issues that are making him drop in these mock drafts?
I like him, but I'd hate to pick another slot guy...in fact, I wouldn't do it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
DR RAM said:
paceram said:

That's where I'm at on Wright. The Rams just don't need a slot guy. They are pretty much set in the slot. There are too many other needs.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:
paceram said:

That's where I'm at on Wright. The Rams just don't need a slot guy. They are pretty much set in the slot. There are too many other needs.

IMO if we pick him, then our FO has projected him as a X WR. Or at least I hope that's the case. All depends how fast we think he is. Game tape is impressive, but borderline. His 40 and measurements scream slot.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
libertadrocks said:
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:
paceram said:

IMO if we pick him, then our FO has projected him as a X WR. Or at least I hope that's the case. All depends how fast we think he is. Game tape is impressive, but borderline. His 40 and measurements scream slot.

The measurements and 40 times of Desean Jackson and Greg Jennings screamed slot as well. Look how they turned out. If Wright drops to the second round, I'd take him in a heartbeat.