Sleeper QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tinations-for-sleeper-prospects-and-top-names

I've been starting to invest more time into the draftees and have been intrigued by a QB called Brian Doughty - anyone seen him play?

http://archive.courier-journal.com/videonetwork/4635147570001/Highlights-WKU-dominates-Marshall

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016QB.php
  1. WesternKentucky_logo.gif
    Brandon Doughty, QB, Western Kentucky
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.86.
    Projected Round (2016): 6-FA.

1/9/16: Doughty has some vocal fan supporters based off his production and video-game stat line, but in speaking with sources, they haven't mentioned Doughty as a pro prospect who they're impressed with.

In 2015, the senior completed 72 percent of his passes for 5,055 yards with 48 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Doughty completed 68 percent of his passes in 2014 for 4,830 yards with 49 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  1. WesternKentucky_logo.gif
    Brandon Doughty, QB, Western Kentucky
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.86.
    Projected Round (2016): 6-FA.

1/9/16: Doughty has some vocal fan supporters based off his production and video-game stat line, but in speaking with sources, they haven't mentioned Doughty as a pro prospect who they're impressed with.

In 2015, the senior completed 72 percent of his passes for 5,055 yards with 48 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Doughty completed 68 percent of his passes in 2014 for 4,830 yards with 49 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

I just find it strange, with those numbers that he's nowhere on the radar

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been supporting Doughty for awhile and he hasnt gotten any traction.
Got the size, and plenty of arm. I dont get it.
Actually I do. He does check down quite a bit but he also isnt working with any major talent
If the Rams went 5th round on a QB he's the guy. I see a bigger framed Marc Bulger with a bit more arm strentgh

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've been supporting Doughty for awhile and he hasnt gotten any traction.
Got the size, and plenty of arm. I dont get it.
Actually I do. He does check down quite a bit but he also isnt working with any major talent
If the Rams went 5th round on a QB he's the guy. I see a bigger framed Marc Bulger with a bit more arm strentgh

I'm with you, he seems to look the part and doesn't have great WRs - I think he'd be a good one to pick up if we could...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you, he seems to look the part and doesn't have great WRs - I think he'd be a good one to pick up if we could...

Disagree. His HBs, WRs, and TEs are quite a bit better than the competition.

I just find it strange, with those numbers that he's nowhere on the radar

Plays in a system known for inflating numbers.

I'm not a fan of the guy. Looks like a poor man's David Fales to me.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Disagree. His HBs, WRs, and TEs are quite a bit better than the competition.

Plays in a system known for inflating numbers.

I'm not a fan of the guy. Looks like a poor man's David Fales to me.

But they are huge numbers tough? The only comparison that I've seen online is that he's "like Case Keenum with more accuracy"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But they are huge numbers tough? The only comparison that I've seen online is that he's "like Case Keenum with more accuracy"

The numbers are great but...they're just numbers. Graham Harrell, Colt Brennan, Case Keenum, Kellen Moore, Rakeem Cato, etc. all had huge numbers. Didn't make them successful pro QBs.

The numbers are misleading. I've just never been blown away watching him. Underwhelming physical tools and doesn't have the instincts/mental acuity to make up for it imo.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The numbers are great but...they're just numbers. Graham Harrell, Colt Brennan, Case Keenum, Kellen Moore, Rakeem Cato, etc. all had huge numbers. Didn't make them successful pro QBs.

The numbers are misleading. I've just never been blown away watching him. Underwhelming physical tools and doesn't have the instincts/mental acuity to make up for it imo.

Thanks for that, because I've not managed to find much on him on youtube etc - I'll keep looking though, he needs to prove me wrong. But as I've said in other threads none of the QBs are exciting me this year....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What is a little different this year is a lot of the "sleeper" QBs are big-bodied dudes with arms. There will be some teams building their depth at QB this year in midrounds with them.