Skins and DC Jim Haslett have a “mutual parting”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My son the Skins fan will have something extra to celebrate about on New Year's Eve. He's about as anti-Haslett as some here at ROD are anti-Schotty.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/31/washington-haslett-have-a-mutual-parting/

Washington, Haslett have a “mutual parting”
Posted by Mike Florio on December 31, 2014

has.jpg
Getty Images

First, it was the West Coast offense. Now, it’s the “mutual parting” in lieu of termination.

Yes, the 49ers are still setting trends in the NFL.

On Wednesday, Washington announced that the team and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett “mutually agree to part ways.”

“Jim and I have had discussions over the last few days and have decided that it’s best for everyone that we have a new Defensive Coordinator,” coach Jay Gruden said in a news release. “I wish him nothing but the best in the future.”

“Jay and I mutually agreed it’s time for . . . a new Defensive Coordinator,” Haslett said in the same release. “I want to thank Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, Coach Gruden and all the players and fellow coaches for their efforts the last five years and I wish them nothing but the best.”

It remains to be seen whether Haslett receives any compensation in connection with his departure. If he does, it’s more like a firing than a mutual parting.

For Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers, the “mutual parting” worked because Harbaugh had something else lined up. Maybe Haslett already does, too. Either way, the last major coaching vestige of the Shanahan regime is now gone.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Brian Schottenheimer of defense finally gets sent packing!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Darn! I can no longer automatically chalk up every meeting vs the Skins as a win. I can only hope he ends up in San Francisco....that would really make my day.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Irreconciliable Differences... Gruden couldn't reconcile Haslett's poor results.
:)

cracengl

Rookie
I hope there is a life for him in college, because after all of the stories you hear about him undermining people and throwing them under the bus, I can't imagine anyone would hire him in the NFL. Actually, I don't hope that. I could care less.