SJ's 1000 yards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
T minus 276 yards.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not going to lie, I did not think he would get it based on what was going on the first few games, and the emergence of Richardson. I think he'll have at least another 3 100 yard rushing games, if not more, with how he's running lately. Added to that most defenses are more worn down as the season winds down, playing through some bumps and bruises, a physical running back like Jackson can take advantage of that, he'll finish strong.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Once Steven Jackson gets his 1000 yards this season (and, I think he will get it unless he has some kind of injury/Let's Hope NOT!) he will need ONLY three more consecutive 1000 yard seasons to tie Emmitt Smith's record of 11 consecutive 1000 rushing yard seasons. I am hoping he ties or even breaks that record (as a RAM!)! And, the way Jackson keeps himself in shape I don't think it is unrealistic to think he can play another 3-4 years.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I swear, I don't know how the Rams organization ever lets him go anywhere else. I don't care if he's 30, 33 or 34 years old , you have to have him on the team. Nobody cares more and he is our heart and soul of the team. The play in the Whiners game, when he carried that pile, got his helmet ripped off, came out of there talking trash and pumping his chest, I don't know if I've ever been more proud of a Rams player then at that moment. We all wonder if he still has it. He has it and a lot more of it. As long as he can breathe, he is the ultimate warrior. Possibly the most respected guy in the NFL and well liked even by opposing teams. Holy crap, I do love this player! Ha! Calm down 69! :lol:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
RamsSince1969 said:
I swear, I don't know how the Rams organization ever lets him go anywhere else. I don't care if he's 30, 33 or 34 years old , you have to have him on the team. Nobody cares more and he is our heart and soul of the team. The play in the Whiners game, when he carried that pile, got his helmet ripped off, came out of there talking trash and pumping his chest, I don't know if I've ever been more proud of a Rams player then at that moment. We all wonder if he still has it. He has it and a lot more of it. As long as he can breathe, he is the ultimate warrior. Possibly the most respected guy in the NFL and well liked even by opposing teams. Holy crap, I do love this player! Ha! Calm down 69! :lol:

Agreed man. Still not sure what to make of the whole voided contract bit, but this guy has been the only thing the franchise has had for the majority of the last decade. To let him just walk away is not cool. I'm really hoping to see some sort of restructured 3 year deal because A.) The dude can still be effective for another couple years and 2.) Not sure that there's a market for him after he leaves this team. It'd be a shame to see him just vanish from the NFL as a cast off from another team a'la Holt, Bruce, Pace and Dickerson.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
T MINUS 228 yards!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
T Minus 164 yards! Let's get it all against the Vikings!

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
RamsSince1969 said:
Yeah!! And another thing. I'm not sure that there has ever been a player more valuable to this team than Steven Jackson.
Not saying he's the best Ram ever, but what he's done with what he has had to work with is unbelievable.
Man, I love me some SJ!!! Hope he stays a Ram for life.

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
pz0ld.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
You've gotta love SJax.

Really hope he gets 1000+ this year and stays a Ram until he decides to call it a day - agree with everyone, don't want to see him a backup runner for another team, he deserves better than that...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
You've gotta love SJax.

Really hope he gets 1000+ this year and stays a Ram until he decides to call it a day - agree with everyone, don't want to see him a backup runner for another team, he deserves better than that...
A poetic end to his career would be seeing him hoist a Lombardi for the Rams. I mean, you couldn't write a better story than that. Unless of course it involved a Hy-Vee store.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
shaunpinney said:
You've gotta love SJax.

A poetic end to his career would be seeing him hoist a Lombardi for the Rams. I mean, you couldn't write a better story than that. Unless of course it involved a Hy-Vee store.
LOL. Something that probably only amuses me: I lived in Iowa City for five years while I was doing my training at the U of Iowa. Iowa City is 30 min south of Cedar Rapids, so before I left I went up the Hy-Vee that Warner worked at. There was nothing there that would tell you that Kurt Warner used to work there. I mean, I realize he's not the President or anything, but he helped make Hy-Vee famous and it was such a great feel good story that I thought they would have something up there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
X said:
shaunpinney said:
You've gotta love SJax.

LOL. Something that probably only amuses me: I lived in Iowa City for five years while I was doing my training at the U of Iowa. Iowa City is 30 min south of Cedar Rapids, so before I left I went up the Hy-Vee that Warner worked at. There was nothing there that would tell you that Kurt Warner used to work there. I mean, I realize he's not the President or anything, but he helped make Hy-Vee famous and it was such a great feel good story that I thought they would have something up there.
Right? Memorialize his time there some way, for cryin' out loud.

9Q1jD.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
shaunpinney said:
You've gotta love SJax.

Right? Memorialize his time there some way, for cryin' out loud.

9Q1jD.jpg
Except of course for the minor detail that Kurt was fired by Hy Vee for attempting to conduct prayer meetings on company time
NOTE TO READER things printed in BLUE ARE BULLSHIZZLE

Actually ,something tells me Kurt wants to be paid for letting Hy Vee use his name , and well he should since they got SOO MUCH FREE publicity from Kurts success.

But back to SJ it is my hope that we can come up with some better blocking for him and he stays with us for three more years ( approximately the same duration as Franco Harris' career) and he accumulates the numbers wins the championship that makes his HOF induction a foregone conclussion.

BTW when I saw RG three firsts and a second's leg , bend around a whole lotta Ngata, I was INSTANTLY put in mind of Mike Rumph's forearm.

X I share for the most part the belief that running QB's eventually turn themselves into sitting QB's,if I were in RG's division I'd make sure he ran several times a game so he WOULD absorb the hits ,I'd see it as an investemnt in the future.
Although Kirk Cousins filled in well for RG ,raise your hand if you can't see Mike Vick as RG's backup next year, and true to my styream of consciousness posts , WHODATHUNK on a team with a rookie starting and a vet like Rex Grossman on the squad, the "next man up" is another rookie

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
T Minus 91 yards. WTG SJ reaching the 10,000 yards plateau!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wish during yesterday's game, when SJ hit 10,000 yards they would have been able to recognize the achievement a little better.

Instead, he got to 10,000 and they had to snap another play with very little fanfare.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
I wish during yesterday's game, when SJ hit 10,000 yards they would have been able to recognize the achievement a little better.

Instead, he got to 10,000 and they had to snap another play with very little fanfare.
Yep. I'm drawing a blank right now (I hate that), but what did Jackson do when they stopped a game at home and honored him? Was it when he amassed 10,000 total yards from scrimmage?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Thordaddy said:
WHODATHUNK on a team with a rookie starting and a vet like Rex Grossman on the squad, the "next man up" is another rookie

Anyone who watched RGZero play for the skins last year.....