SJax destined to finish in the Horns?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
This is always reassuring to hear even if its still early and another "update". I don't see him sporting any another jersey regardless if offered a ridiculous, lucrative deal. :dancin:

Jackson 'wants to be back with the Rams'
Steven Jackson | STL
(February 19, 2013 9:41 PM EST)
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Steven Jackson "wants to be back with the Rams," and "(won't) be surprised" if the sides agree to a new deal.
The feeling appears to be mutual, as coach Jeff Fisher has spent the week praising Jackson, going as far as to say he wishes he could have coached Jackson earlier in his career. Jackson is essentially a free agent since he has the power to void his $7 million deal for 2013, but it sounds like his first, second and third options are finding a way to remain with the only team he's ever known.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Any guesses on what SJ's value might be on the open market? I mean, could he get, say $10M/yr? Anyone have any thoughts?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
BatteringRambo said:
This is always reassuring to hear even if its still early and another "update". I don't see him sporting any another jersey regardless if offered a ridiculous, lucrative deal. :dancin:

Jackson 'wants to be back with the Rams'
Steven Jackson | STL
(February 19, 2013 9:41 PM EST)
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Steven Jackson "wants to be back with the Rams," and "(won't) be surprised" if the sides agree to a new deal.
The feeling appears to be mutual, as coach Jeff Fisher has spent the week praising Jackson, going as far as to say he wishes he could have coached Jackson earlier in his career. Jackson is essentially a free agent since he has the power to void his $7 million deal for 2013, but it sounds like his first, second and third options are finding a way to remain with the only team he's ever known.

I love Steven Jackson with all of my heart. Growing up, he was the first great Ram I have had the pleasure of watching from the start of his career. I was drawn to the Rams in the late 90s-early 2000s because of Marshall/Torry/Ike, and when they left SJ carried on the torch. He has credited Ike/Torry to teaching him how to be a pro and be a leader and Marshall for many of the nuances of the RB position (despite their early differences). He has never let out a peep through his 9 years in STL, despite the losing. He made the ultimate sacrifice in 2008, when he could have gone elsewhere. He has seen the Rams from the Greatest Show on Turf era, through the Losing Era (15-65), to the Fisher era. He wants to be back and finally reap the benefits of his sacrifice. I, unlike some, think he is still playing at an incredibly high level, and I think 30 is just a number for him. His work ethic is what many overlook when mentioning "the tread on his tires."

Nothing would make me happier than SJ finishing a Hall of Fame caliber career in horns

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
interference said:
Any guesses on what SJ's value might be on the open market? I mean, could he get, say $10M/yr? Anyone have any thoughts?

Nah. W/ all the veteran FAs being cut b/c of money even tho they can play (George Wilson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Charles Woodson, etc) I don't think any team would wanna pay that much for a older RB.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
interference said:

This is a joke no? $10 mill is top dollar for a RB in the league. For example AP makes $11.25 mill next year. SJ isn't in the stage of his career to command that type of money. His salary with us is $7 mill, but it must be less than that because we want to restructure. I think he will make $3.5-$5 mill if he returns to STL. On the open market: eh... maybe $6 mill tops.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
rams24/7 said:
interference said:

This is a joke no? $10 mill is top dollar for a RB in the league. For example AP makes $11.25 mill next year. SJ isn't in the stage of his career to command that type of money. His salary with us is $7 mill, but it must be less than that because we want to restructure. I think he will make $3.5-$5 mill if he returns to STL. On the open market: eh... maybe $6 mill tops.
I'd bet that Green Bay would offer him 6. I still think if the Rams offer him a 3-year contract he'll stay; it's not so much the money as the appreciation.

iced

interference said:

more like 5-6. with less and less each subsequent year with incentives probably

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
interference said:

As much as I love SJ39, no way he could get anywhere near $10m a year at his age.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not sure of the Rams cap space but IMO 12 mil 3 yrs 10 mil guaranteed would be fair to both parties. Then SJ39 can teach the youngsters to work hard and then motivate them to help him win a ring.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Question here, since he has the right to void, does it make it tampering for other teams to talk to him before he voids? If it doesn't he could be negotiating with several teams including the Rams without ever not being under contract to us .
Once we were to cut him because he decided to not exercise the option IMO the damage would be done froma PR standpoint and he'd probably leave .