SJ39 looking good

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I hope SJ is brought back to retire a Ram. I feel bad that he had to be the franchise player to carry us through our worst years.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I hope the plan in ATL for Jackson is to hopefully save him for a playoff push cus he needs to be their featured back in tough games..... especially after all the other RBs' fumbles just now

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Oh, and whats missed here, SJ is now on a winning team for the first time since when? I hope they go all the way this year.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Looks like he is healthy and running with authority tonight. I'm still disappointed there was noway to keep him in horns.

3.9 YPC?
14 carries for 54 yards......

giphy.gif

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
3.9 YPC?

giphy.gif

The impressive thing about that is it's 2.9 after contact, the unimpressive thing is it's 1 before.
SJ is better in a pile than in the open field ,in the open field he no longer makes ANYONE miss and doesn't have the leg lift so when he gets hit low one man can bring him down, (Steven Davis needs to get him running more behind his pads again)but if two or three guys try to take him high he'll get 2 yards while they try to wrestle him down.
I think we may have seen his best tonight,he was stoked for the national game for sure and did pretty well,if we don't go anywhere I'd be happy to see SJ get to play in the playoffs

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I gotta say, seeing Tampa Bay go down 21-0 in the 1st quarter makes me feel a little less great about our win last week.

What a disaster.
Any win is a great win when you're down to your third string QB on a young team with almost zero veterans, we're not expected to bash on teams like Atlanta and teams getting put down by Atlanta isn't necessarily a show of how terrible they are. The Bucs hung with the Panthers, who are 2-0. It's more of a show of how GOOD Atlanta is, which we all knew. These guys are a perennial play off team for a reason.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3.9 YPC?

giphy.gif
Apparently you were not watching him run over people. And sharing the backfield with 3 other RBs limits his attempts especially in a blowout win. Stats mean squat except for fantasy leagues, the eye test and how his performance brings out the passion in others is way more important.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hope SJ is brought back to retire a Ram. I feel bad that he had to be the franchise player to carry us through our worst years.

I'd like that too. SJ was a first class guy each and every day during his time in STL and they should do something to let the fans appreciate that one last time.

I've always said his parents must be amazingly proud of how their son turned out.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Looks like he is healthy and running with authority tonight. I'm still disappointed there was noway to keep him in horns.
But there was. All he had to do was accept a role in a shared backfield...like he's doing now in ATL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SJ is a man's man. Wish him nothing but the best. Very seldom do you get to see a player grow from diva to full-fledged leader of men, but we all saw it happen. He may not be the flashiest RB in the league, but I'd take 53 players just like him without hesitation.

wrstdude

Rookie
I'll never forgive SJ for getting arm tackled by Suh. He's a shell of his former self. I saw lots of yards left on the field because he's lost step or 10. Still a beast of a man, but not an effective NFL back anymore.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'll never forgive SJ for getting arm tackled by Suh. He's a shell of his former self. I saw lots of yards left on the field because he's lost step or 10. Still a beast of a man, but not an effective NFL back anymore.
I wouldn't go that far, I'd love to see him behind this line healthy with Grob at LG and Saffold back at RG in short yardage situations,trouble is you just can't pay AP money or even close to it for a guy who's limited like I think he is ,I'd still put him among the top 50 backs in the league which means he's effective,just not a star anymore .
One thing about him that few can offer is his ability to block guys as talented and big as Aldon Smith without fear something people who look at stats only don't take into account but I'm sure Matt Ryan appreciates

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But there was. All he had to do was accept a role in a shared backfield...like he's doing now in ATL.
I don't think it was that easy. Why would he go to Atl and accept that role but not stay in StL and do the same thing? There must have been some behind the scene stuff that happened, Fisher and Snead needed this to be their team and maybe that meant SJ had to go?? We will probably never know.

I do know he gave this organization his heart for a long time when he was the only talent worth watching on the team.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I don't think it was that easy. Why would he go to Atl and accept that role but not stay in StL and do the same thing? There must have been some behind the scene stuff that happened, Fisher and Snead needed this to be their team and maybe that meant SJ had to go?? We will probably never know.

I do know he gave this organization his heart for a long time when he was the only talent worth watching on the team.

As I recall Atlanta did offer him to be the man/bell cow but he got hurt ,then there was the contract ,IMO if he'd have taken the money and the role we would offer he would still be here .
IF they were trying to install a "leader" a this is "this guys team" paradigm I'd say it was Sam they were wanting elevated .

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Apparently you were not watching him run over people. And sharing the backfield with 3 other RBs limits his attempts especially in a blowout win. Stats mean squat except for fantasy leagues, the eye test and how his performance brings out the passion in others is way more important.

I disagree that stats mean squat. While they do not tell the whole story- that's true; they never lie either.
I love SJ39, still do, but his best days are behind him. I agree with something Thordaddy posted, I think it was something like he's still impressive in yards after contact. I agree with that, but he's not making ANYONE miss anymore.