SJ Talking to Rams About Retirement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Steven Jackson says he’s working on a retirement contract with the Rams
Posted by Mike Florio on July 24, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT

Yes, Rams running back Steven Jackson admits that at times over the last five years he wanted to be traded to a contender.

But, no, he’s currently not thinking about playing for any other team.

Jackson said on Tuesday’s PFT Live that he’s currently talking to the Rams about a contract that would allow him to retire as a member of the only team with which he has played.

The active NFL leading rusher with 9,093 yards (unless Thomas Jones signs with a new team) is under contract through 2013, with base salaries of $7 million this year and next year.

Jackson also addressed his views on the expected role of rookie running back Isaiah Pead, the current status of the receiving depth chart in St. Louis, and Jackson’s belief that he can play well pas the age of 30 (he turned 29 on Sunday).

We’ll post snippets and the full segment later today. Until then, you can catch the entire show by clicking the box on the right rail.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: SJ Talking to Rams About Retirement K

That either means he's signing an extension after this year or is retiring in the next couple years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Thassrite. :cheese:

bluecoconuts

Legend

I'm really happy he'll stay a Ram, I just really hope we get him some good seasons. If I'm Sam I make sure the team plays the best we can and give Jackson wins and playoff games before he goes. He deserves it.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

bluecoconuts said:
I'm really happy he'll stay a Ram, I just really hope we get him some good seasons. If I'm Sam I make sure the team plays the best we can and give Jackson wins and playoff games before he goes. He deserves it.

And CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

There is no one more deserving!

Lesson

Oh, really?

Young Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

And CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

Indeed.

I hope they also retire #39 the season right after he retires.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I really hope Jackson and the Rams can workout an agreement for him to retire a Ram! With a couple more solid seasons (hopefully more!) I definitely think he will be a lock for the Hall of Fame (of course, it wouldn't hurt if he has some playoff games before he retires!)!

bluecoconuts

Legend

Lesson said:
Young Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

And CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

Indeed.

I hope they also retire #39 the season right after he retires.

They got it. We can't have some scrub tarnishing the number like Gilyard did to Holt... :sick:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man I really hope he is seeing the writing on the wall. I would love nothing better than my man SJ retiring in horns. He has to know that as he gets along, there will be a diminished role, but he can still get good reps as the warrior he is. He sees that this team is about to take that upturn. He wants to be one of those few who straps on the horns and retires with the horns - especially if they are going places - which I believe they are.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Major kudos to Jackson. He really is one of my favorite players on the team, and it's awesome to see him want to stay as a Ram. It shows that we're really on the upswing.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick

Young Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

And CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

STRAIGHT LIKE THAT!!

GO RAMS!!!!