SJ Last Night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
From a team with a suspect o-line to one that's worse :shock:

5 carries 8 yards, I saw two for losses so the other 3 had to be decent .

But he looked slow compared to DR , who runs with the attitude of John Riggins, I love that kid just don't know how long he's gonna last running with that sort of abandon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wouldn't close the book on Jackson's career as a Falcon just yet.
In fact, I wouldn't even read the prologue.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:

Well the cover ain't lookin so good :omg: :tooth:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:

Yeah, game 1 of glorified practice wasn't all it could have been, but I wouldn't go too far out on that limb...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

Yeah, game 1 of glorified practice wasn't all it could have been, but I wouldn't go too far out on that limb...
Well that's good ,cuz I don't think it'd hold both uv us :tooth:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Preseason game?

SJack was and still is a beast. What he has going for him down in Atlanta is 2 WRs and a HoF TE that defenders probably won't allow in one on one coverage too much. So no constant 8 in the box.

Which in turn helps the OL, which in turn helps the QB, which in turn helps the offense, which in turn helps the team.

Thordaddy said:
But he looked slow compared to DR , who runs with the attitude of John Riggins,
I love that kid just don't know how long he's gonna last running with that sort of abandon.

Agreed on DRich, Thor!!
He seems like the quickest/fastest player on the field to me!!
Just a whole other gear!

I wish Pead would not return a KO EVER again.......and start games playing faster.
Pead, eventually, starts running faster but his ball security is scaring me...and scarring me! ;)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Angry Ram said:
Preseason game?

SJack was and still is a beast. What he has going for him down in Atlanta is 2 WRs and a HoF TE that defenders probably won't allow in one on one coverage too much. So no constant 8 in the box.

Which in turn helps the OL, which in turn helps the QB, which in turn helps the offense, which in turn helps the team.

Wow I am lost that's a lot of turns.
JK: preseason to a vet RB like SJ is like the drive to work before work starts boring and just an evil necessity.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Angry Ram said:
Preseason game?

JMO SJ will be more valuable to them in pass pro than as a runner,but that's a subjective subject I won't subject the board to further lest I become the object of objection. :shock:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Angry Ram said:
Preseason game?

JMO SJ will be more valuable to them in pass pro than as a runner,but that's a subjective subject I won't subject the board to further lest I become the object of objection. :shock:
I don't think they really tried to showcase Jackson as a part of the offense yet. If this were the Rams' preseason, he wouldn't even be playing yet - so there's that. They have big plans to get him involved in the passing game (heavily), so I don't think they're going to show too much this early. JMO.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ[/youtube]

A55VA6

Legend
People will probably get all pissed at what I say but... Nothing has changed since he was a Ram to now. Steven just isn't a big yardage guy. He's physical and you can't ignore him, but I just don't see him having a monster year or putting the Falcons over the top as people like to say. I don't think he'll even hit 1,000 yards this year. He's going to be doing alot of pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield.

Just my take on it honestly..

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
A55VA6 said:
People will probably get all pissed at what I say but... Nothing has changed since he was a Ram to now. Steven just isn't a big yardage guy. He's physical and you can't ignore him, but I just don't see him having a monster year or putting the Falcons over the top as people like to say. I don't think he'll even hit 1,000 yards this year. He's going to be doing alot of pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield.

Just my take on it honestly..

Nah man ,not HERE, we respect one another and FWIW I think X is correct that the first five carries aren't gonna tell you a lot, the inability to stack the box to stop him are legitimate points, I just like the give and take ,nobody knows how he's gonna do, all any of us have got are hunches.

Thing I do stand by adamantly though is that Atlanta's o-line is suspect and won't be giving SJ a lot of gaping holes.